Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Atom Quad Core 64bit Z8350 Mini PC Z83II Support Windows OS and Ubuntu Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel Atom Quad Core 64bit Z8350 Mini PC Z83II Support Windows OS and Ubuntu Linux

AZW Z83II is a hot model with Intel Z8350 chipset, it supports Android 5.1 OS, Windows10, Windows8, Ubuntu Linux, or keep Windows and Linux at the same time. Now let’s take a close look of this device.

Firstly, let’s take devices apart, there are two parts in main, they are mother board and plastic case. Let’s learn mother board at the first, it’s also called PCBA, it’s made up of PCB and some other components by SMT.

Now, let’s study some marked areas. Let’s focus on PCB today.

1, ENIG PCB
    1.1 more smooth,
    1.2 The gold yellow PCBA would make customers more satisfied.
    1.3 Not easy to be oxidized because of compact crystal structure.
    1.4 Few complaints from customers on welding problems, because it’s very weldable.
    1.5 Does not affect the signal, because signal transmission in skin-effect is in the copper layer.

Let’s stop here today, we will have detail description on electronic components, circuit and some connectors tomorrow. Please take care.

Also, if you have any questions about Z83II Mini PC, please leave a message here. We would reply once message checked.
    Attached Files
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Last edited by AZW; 07-14-2017, 14:47.

Now let's going on AZW Z83II mother board or PCBA.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Z83II PCBA Cherry Trail Z8350 Quad Core SideA.JPG Views:	2 Size:	68.8 KB ID:	656241Z83II Mini PC PCBA Side A

Click image for larger version

Name:	Z83II PCBA Cherry Trail Z8350 Quad Core SideB.JPG
Views:	2237
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	656248 Z83II Mini PC PCBA Side B
    1, Item 4 and item 7 are ESD components which could prevent the Mini PC from external objects’ static.

2, Item 5 is USB3.0. Among other improvements, USB 3.0 adds the new transfer rate referred to as SuperSpeed USB (SS) that can transfer data at up to 5 Gbit/s (625 MB/s), which is about ten times as fast as the USB 2.0 standard. For example, you can transfer 1GB files to a other server in 15s via USB3.0, while 45s via USB2.0.

3, igabit 1000M driver is 1000Mb/s max in transmissing.

4, Item 6 is DC/DC and item 10 is a PMU, both of the two could manage power very well, the device would be much more stable if we add these circuits. We can have a new topic about PMU and DC/DC if your guys have interests.

5, Item 11 is a BIOS module, it mainly used for save BIOS programs.

6, Item 12 is shielding case. It’s used for preventing components on PCB from external interferences. Most cheap TV box and Mini PC without this case.

7, Item 13 is a small battery, it’s used for keeping time correct when device power off.

Hope you’ve got enough information about PCBA, now I will list some main parameters of Z83II.
    CPU: Cherry Trail Z8350
    Memory: Micron DDR3 2GB
    Storage: FORESEE eMMC 32GB

There are some cheap electronic products in market, to be honest, IC is the most valuable part on PCBA, if someone offer a very low price, you’d better check IC carefully if this case is very important to you.

Too late here, let’s call a day.

I will share something about OS and driver tomorrow, we release Ubuntu Linux OS in recent. Keep focused.

Comment

Thank you,
      I have it for few months but I hardly used it as it's getting very hot, ~80c .
      all I did was remove lot of 10 crapware add few of my own favorite stuff and imaged it for backup.
      I plan to add a massive heat-sink so it will be more safe to use.

Comment

Originally posted by maspik1 View Post
        Thank you,
        all I did was remove lot of 10 crapware add few of my own favorite stuff and imaged it for backup.
        Hi dear, thanks for attention.
        which model did you keep? and how did you use it when temperature was 80c? hope you can provide more information, so that we can check where is the problem.

Comment

Thank you,
          much better if you can let us know serial number of the device. then we can check which lots very fast.

Comment

I got it from GB ~4 mounts ago. SN- EN808SEH70932. It has very limited ventilation so it must get hot.

Comment

Thanks for your information, will reply to you soon.

Comment

Anyone who need Z83II drivers, please forward to "Firmware - ROMs - Tools".

Comment

Thank you,
                  Hi Dear, I wanna to double check with temperature with you. When you said 80c, is it CPU temperature tested by some EXE?

Comment

indeed, coretemp is what I use most times, I wrote ~80 , as far as I recall it could be 70-80 , still too hot.

Look here

Comment

oh, this is a common temperature for CPU.

BTW, very good modification.

Keep contacting about heat radiation for the coming time.

We change heat sink in most of our Intel device, will show you more information then.

Comment

My current i5-6600 runs at 35 on normal browsing, video rendering gets it up to 65 tops, with stock fan.

Comment

Thank you,
                          i got one too with same problem.

regular gets to 85c with basic use.

opened box and just looks like it has not been made very well so when i read claims above i sadly have to laugh

Comment

We changed a new heat sink, it's much better than old copper one.
                            You guys could keep an other Z83II to compare with the old device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	new heat sink.jpg
Views:	2250
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	659207

Comment

Originally posted by AZW View Post
                              We changed a new heat sink, it's much better than old copper one.
                              You guys could keep an other Z83II to compare with the old device.
                              This isn't your custom made, it looks as totally different batch. Is this is the Beelink?

** I see this is Z83V not Z83ii, but look at this report

with the same crapy heatsink not like you show.
                              Last edited by maspik1; 07-28-2017, 07:19.

Comment

Working...
                              X