Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't locate F/W for Beelink GT1 Ultimate with questionable serial number.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't locate F/W for Beelink GT1 Ultimate with questionable serial number.

Hey guys. Been a few years since I've posted here on Freaktab. Glad to be back, regardless of circumstances...

I'm in need of anything that will ressurect my S912 tv box.

I just received a Beelink GT1 Ultimate 3gb/32gb purchased through Gearbest. While I was fighting with oddities and inconsistencies in the factory firmware, which is a story unto itself, I foolishly installed SuperSU via Play Store. It's now soft bricked, and goes through a perpetual boot screen when started. I can access the system recovery so there is hope yet. All I have to do is download and flash the factory f/w for my tv box model's corresponding serial number. No problem. Although, it's now apparent to me that Beelink likes hardware revisions mid production campaign. OK. Fine. Here comes my real issue;

It seems the serial number for my TV box doesn't correspond with anything Beelink has produced to date. All the GT1 boxes produced by Beelink have serial numbers beginning in A912, S912 or G912 etc. The Beelink GT1 item shipped to me has a serial number starting with A706. I've searched for anything relative to my GT1's serial number re firmware and the closest i came to a hit was a thread posted in Beelink's actual .com site forum section. In it a user enquired where to find the f/w for a GT1 that matches mine. No one from Beelink responded to it. Another user did but gave a bad link to a page that you can't view without being logged in. The creator of the thread wasn't happy, and said so clearly. I've created two accounts there and came to the conclusion that the forum is a sham. How anyone can access the site forum is beyond me, and I don't see any help coming from there soon.

So here I am again, confused and disappointed. I'm not sure if my GT1 is legitimate and if it is, why is Beelink not recognizing it's presence? All chips on the board are high end, product finish is excellent. This isn't a knock-off or copy, but I don't think Beelink will be helpful either way. They surely haven't responded to my emails as of yet.

In an effort to find suitable F/W I'm going to post the specs off the chips, and pics of the tv box board itself. Hopefully someone here can suggest a custom ROM from another S912 box manufacturer. The factory firmware was a mess anyway...

Beelink GT1 Ultimate
    3gb ROM / 32gb RAM

S/N: A706D0SBH70***

SOC: AMLogic S912

NAND: Samsung 504
    KLMBG4GEAC-B001
    3XUG70HH

WiFi: AP6255

Ethernet: Realtek 8211F

RAM: SEC 725
    K4A4G16
    A (x2) 5WE BCRC
    E8C61005C

SEC 731
    K4A8G16
    B (x2) 5WB BCRC
    GEF1P40QC

Ops & Mods: please excuse me if this thread is misplaced. Feel open to moving it to a more suitable location.

Thank you everyone for any consideration given to this. I'm happy to hear any suggestions from the community.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Please post your h/w & s/w as signature to help community with troubleshooting problems.
    Mk802IV / AP6210 (RK3188) - SMIC717394 809III 1080p 4.4 (v2) base & default kernel w/ 4gb parameter.
    uTechsmart (Asix AX88772 chip) USB Ethernet Adapter
    iLuv iAD517 2.1A USB PS + Asus AD83531 2.0A USB PS
    Motorola 89451N BT KB + Logitech K400r 2.4GHz KB

Have you tried this one??

[Stock Firware] GT1 Standrad/Ultimate 2G+16G/2G+32G/3G+32G A912/AX12(AP6255) 707NO

has same Wi-Fi as yours. You can also try alfwise 3 and 4 ddr ones posted by super Celeron. I had a board like this and one of those worked.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Beelink just posted the new F/W for my serial #. Had to open the tv box and short the pins, but flashes went successfully. Not so much for the GT1U ROM by Superceleron. Went through 5 cycles of factory FW flash, followed by a varying attempt to flash in Superceleron's ROM. All met in failure of the same general sort of error in log. Should have taken screenshots, but it was around 2:30am here and I was tired. Decided to take one last swing at a custom build, this time being flashed via Micro SD. In my bleary half-conscious state I didn't recognize that the PC didn't properly connect to my usb card reader. Frustrated, fatigued and ignorant of what the app is capable of, I wiped out the partition table of two internal hard drives and an external drive. Dummy of the year award goes to.... Funny part is that I was in the process of consolidating all my various hard drive data to the brand new external drive. Poof. Gone.
      So now I'm back to factory GT1U FW for now. Time to tweak the tv box again while I wait for the hard drive recovery software to hopefully give me good news.

Thanks Scooter. High fives!

Please post your h/w & s/w as signature to help community with troubleshooting problems.
      Mk802IV / AP6210 (RK3188) - SMIC717394 809III 1080p 4.4 (v2) base & default kernel w/ 4gb parameter.

Comment

mechaone could you tell me what's pin to short?

Thanks!!!

Comment

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by mechaone View Post
            http://freaktab.com/filedata/fetch?photoid=637583

Cheers!

I had doubts because my GT1 it's not seam.

Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mechaone View Post
              Beelink just posted the new F/W for my serial #. Had to open the tv box and short the pins, but flashes went successfully. Not so much for the GT1U ROM by Superceleron. Went through 5 cycles of factory FW flash, followed by a varying attempt to flash in Superceleron's ROM. All met in failure of the same general sort of error in log. Should have taken screenshots, but it was around 2:30am here and I was tired. Decided to take one last swing at a custom build, this time being flashed via Micro SD. In my bleary half-conscious state I didn't recognize that the PC didn't properly connect to my usb card reader. Frustrated, fatigued and ignorant of what the app is capable of, I wiped out the partition table of two internal hard drives and an external drive. Dummy of the year award goes to.... Funny part is that I was in the process of consolidating all my various hard drive data to the brand new external drive. Poof. Gone.
              So now I'm back to factory GT1U FW for now. Time to tweak the tv box again while I wait for the hard drive recovery software to hopefully give me good news.

Thanks Scooter. High fives!

can you please link it? is it this one? http://www.bee-link.com/forum.php?mo...read&tid=27078

Comment

Oops. Links, if posted, may be bad. The firmware was moved from it's original location to here:

Cheers! - mech

Comment

thank you for your quick reply.
                  The link I've posted points to a newer fw (707NO).
                  I was wondering if it's good for me since my s/n is A706DS and not A7060. It should be, as I'm on 706D0 currently.

Comment

Originally posted by ultra360
                    thank you for your quick reply.
                    The link I've posted points to a newer fw (707NO).
                    I was wondering if it's good for me since my s/n is A706DS and not A7060. It should be, as I'm on 706D0 currently.
                    Your link leads to incorrect FW for our tv boxes. 707NO is the FW version for a different subset of hardware. "A706" is the key for our serial #, the characters following A706 aren't particularly important. If we want full use of the 3gb ram and wireless connectivity, we have to stick with the only available firmware in the link I provided.

I absolutely loathe the factory FW, but we have no other options. It seems no one is running dev on the GT1U.

Comment

Working...
                    X