Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beelink GTmini-A TV BOX Amlogic S905X2 ATV Version Voice Remote

New From Beelink:

GTmini-A TV BOX Amlogic ATV Android 8.1 Amlogic S905X2 4GB + 32 or 64 eMMC Gig Lan Dual AC WiFI BT4

Since the box has both Widevine Level 1 and Microsoft PlayReady DRM, why doesn't Amazon Prime Video work?
    Last edited by Zahir; 05-30-2019, 04:26.

Comment

Hi Zahir
      After a great muck around to get it installed and running Yes it does work
      This is a ATV version, has no app drawer, installed and run works ok so far.

An interesting ATV install

Installing sideload launcher has resolved the lack of app drawer
      Last edited by trebor; 05-30-2019, 01:30.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

trebor , thanks for the info. I must have tried four different versions of the Prime Video app. Can you point me to the one that works for you? Much appreciated - liking the box a lot in most other respects.

I'm using ATV Launcher (from Aptoide) to get the same app access as with Sideload.

Comment

I used the one from Aptoide

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks a lot mate - I'll try it and report back. Cute form factor on this box..ethernet disconnects if you let it sleep, otherwise lots of good stuff here.

Comment

Yes the the Mini 905x2 is quite a nifty little box of tricks, this one appears to do it all pretty easy
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Ha! So the vanilla Android version of Prime Video will run on this box - neat trick there, sir.

Weird that the (more convenient and likely higher resolution) ATV version doesn't. I think I'm getting something between 540-720p on "Best Quality" in settings - not sure. Still, neat. We must lobby Beelink for a full solution.

Meanwhile, I have set up Amazon Video in Kodi (from Sandmann79's repo) - and am getting full 1080p there, so may stay with that solution for now. Kodi wouldn't do 1080p if the requisite DRM wasn't on the box, so the fact that the ATV app doesn't work has to do with something other than that. Beelink should investigate and not leave it there.

BTW, Beelink posted the GTMini-A firmware here:http://www.bee-link.com/forum.php?mo...read&tid=48775

I can confirm that burning it keeps everything intact DRM-wise. It's the same build as that our box comes with, so only useful for restoring the box in extremis.
                Last edited by Zahir; 05-30-2019, 13:20.

Comment

Can someone confirm that supports Netflix 1080p and 4K?

Sent from my Huawei P20 pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zan. View Post
                    Can someone confirm that supports Netflix 1080p and 4K?

Sent from my Huawei P20 pro using Tapatalk
                    I confirm it. Nut sure if 4k since my tv it's 1080.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X