GT1-A vs GT mini-A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT1-A vs GT mini-A

Its seems that GT mini-A which uses s905x2 is more powerful than GT1-A . I tried 4k 60fps HDR videos in YouTube (ATV version) and GT1-A failed to play them smoothly and dropped more than 40% of the frames but GT mini-A played them without any dropping frames . With GT1-A there are a lot of lagging and crashing when playing even 1080p 60fps .

That's really strange. Try to update ROM to the latest version or just install custom one. Also, I suggest to try this: https://smartyoutubetv.github.io/

Comment

Originally posted by cr0w View Post
      That's really strange. Try to update ROM to the latest version or just install custom one. Also, I suggest to try this: https://smartyoutubetv.github.io/
      I tried with Beelink original firmware and with Alvatech custom ROM for GT1-A

Comment

I tried Smart Youtube . It is better but still many dropped frames in GT1-A

Comment

Just now I tested both boxes with this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3EICWtZy78 Real Ultra HD 4K UHD 2160p 60fps Astra Demo

In GT1-MINI-A : No dropped frames in Smart YouTube with the maximum quality
          in GT1-A:Thousands of frames were dropped +many stops in Smart YouTube with the maximum quality

Comment

Thinking of getting the mini as I'm looking for decent ram and storage as well as Netflix certified.
            any better boxes then this for that?

Do they do ota updates direct from the manufacturer or do we still have to deal with downloads on to SD cards to update ?

Comment

Originally posted by Spastro View Post
              Thinking of getting the mini as I'm looking for decent ram and storage as well as Netflix certified.
              any better boxes then this for that?

Do they do ota updates direct from the manufacturer or do we still have to deal with downloads on to SD cards to update ?
              Their support isn't the best and you have to use SD card or USB cable to install OTA. I highly recommend to use custom ROM. Unless they will release Android 9.0 ver. for that box, but I doubt. Overall TV box is powerful enough and fulfills my needs.

Comment

What custom rom did you use.
                does it still allow for full hd Netflix?

Comment

What custom rom did you use.
                  does it still allow for full hd Netflix?
                  By ALVATECH.

[ROM] Beelink GTMini-A ALVATECH Android (8.1 Oreo) S905X2 Widevine L1 DRM (Netflix Certified) This is a nice clean ROM with some tweaks, GUI cleanup, Mods and some changes made from the original GTMini-A ROM. Please read the entire post before asking questions. Thank you. This ROM is for the GTMini-A TV Boxes I've converted

Netflix works out of the box with official and with custom ROM in 4K. Same with YouTube. Haven't tried Amazon. I don't use it.

Comment

Yeah I'm almost sold on the gtmini-a but worried that it's not officially supported widedevine level 1.

I bought the MeCool m8s Pro L when it first came out as it was also widedevine level 1 and a few months later they blocked it.

Do you know if this has ever happened in the past with beelink devices?

Comment

Yeah I'm almost sold on the gtmini-a but worried that it's not officially supported widedevine level 1.

I bought the MeCool m8s Pro L when it first came out as it was also widedevine level 1 and a few months later they blocked it.

Do you know if this has ever happened in the past with beelink devices?
                      As i know - no, but I can't guarantee. Probably the safest tv boxes right now is xiaomi and nvidia shield

Comment

Working...
                      X