Help me please erro [0x30405004] USB burning tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bumerc
    So, my summer vacation is over and I'm ready to continue to try repairing my box, if you are
    You were talking something about USB_TPL, what is that?
    In the meantime I tried everything we talked about here, over and over again with various combinations, but no success.

@X92-2GB
    "hardware brick...
    When you power on with power cable only, does the SPDIF LED light up inside the connector?
    If not, there is not enough power is at the RAM and CPU.
    Jumpering USB 5v power to the power input connector pin should initialise the dead portion of the system."

I tried this also, so now when I use power cable only I have SPDIF LED light, but everything is the same...

https://s20.postimg.cc/49u1n0zk9/IMAG3212.jpg

https://s20.postimg.cc/hqr05w261/IMAG3213.jpg

Comment

Did you measure voltages at each output capacitor. They are the rectangular chip things next to each square transformer with a round center. You should see some voltage. Seems like oje of your 1.9v or 1.5v is not powering up. Also there is a main switch section that enables the main board lights which is powered by the 1.9v voltage output. So that Is my thinking. 1.9v is dead somewhere in your system board.

Comment

Can you tell me exactly, from the picture, what to measure?

https://s20.postimg.cc/536nfcni1/IMAG3214.jpg

https://s20.postimg.cc/bgvqim03t/IMAG3215.jpg

Comment

I think the capacitors I circled are the output capacitors to each power supply section. You will measure one end (silver colored) to any of the USB socket metal body. The USB sockets are grounded, so they are easiest to obtain ground. Reply with each measured voltage.

Be sure to test each end of the chip capacitor. One end is ground, the other is voltage. Since the distance between each end is small, I gave instruction to test from a grounded area that will not cause trouble when testing. As test leads may slip and touch each other, and short out your circuit.

you should have 5V, 3.3V, 1.85V, 1.5V, .9V and maybe one of the five shown will be repeated, or you may see 1.2V. I am not familiar with Beelink boards. So I am hoping the issue is with the switching IC, since the voltage is set by the exterior components around its section. If all the voltages appear at the outputs, then it is possible that the CPU is dead.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks!

I measured all of them and one have NO voltage, that one in the middle, I circled it in red, for others I posted voltages:

https://s20.postimg.cc/xdmuwmfi1/image_34934.jpg

So, this maybe the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Nebojsa View Post
              Thanks!

I measured all of them and one have NO voltage, that one in the middle, I circled it in red, for others I posted voltages:

https://s20.postimg.cc/xdmuwmfi1/image_34934.jpg

So, this maybe the problem?
              OK, it looks like the bottom 2 , in the line of 4 that i circled are incorrect. I think I chose the wrong capacitors. There is a chip near where i circled. It has a 0 on it. Measure that or the capacitor next to it.

The bottom chip capacitor also is wrong. I think one of the two chip capacitors at the lower right corner of the square transformer will be the correct one.

so measure those sections again, as we are to see 5v 1.5v and possibly .9V

the odd 1.0+ voltages are not proper, as .9V is required for CPU, and are too low for memory and CPU function.

Comment

On the 0 labeled capacitor I measured the same voltage 1.06, bottom chip the same.
                ​​​​​​I do have 5v on the 2 capacitors on the left bottom corner at all 4 transfomers. On the bottom, have 5v on the upper left capacitors.

Comment

Well, it seems that something is not right, either I am not properly identifying where to measure voltage or something is draining current at the sub sections of the power disturbing from the 5v power supply.

This is not an easy fix, without further isolation of components.

If you can, locate and measure both sides of each capacitor chip around the square transformers that I pointed out with wrong voltages. There will be 5v measured at various locations, mostly because that is the input voltage that drives the switching IC for each transformer.

Only one of the chip capacitors will be the correct voltage. So be aware of .9v, 1.8v and 1.5v when noticing voltages, it looks like you have 5v from the larger square transformer near the bottom. As it drives the 4 other power circuits, which the two top ones seem to have correct outputs.

So about 1/2 if the power circuits are functioning normal, by the measured output.

Until we can get the bottom 2 measured once more to verify their voltages, then once we are able to get .9v, 1.5v the other with 0V will be next to figure out, as I assume it's output should be 1.8v, but I am guessing as my boards have that section away from all the others, and it seems to fit with your boards layout.

Comment

Ok, so I measured it again and focused on values you said we need. Here is the picture:

https://s20.postimg.cc/65um3j2vd/IMAG3214-2.jpg

Anything helpful?

Comment

Ok, so I measured it again and focused on values you said we need. Here is the picture:

https://s20.postimg.cc/65um3j2vd/IMAG3214-2.jpg

Anything helpful?
                      Ha! I can barely read the values... I am color blind, red and green mess with my eyes. Especially Xmas colors in a candy cane spiral stripe next to each other. Those colors will make a 3D effect at times. But most of the time red fades to green.

OK, I see you have some good voltages.

Problem is, I was hoping a capacitor would show those values. The dark near black chips are resistors. They are used in voltage divider circuits for the 6 pin (leg) switching IC chips.

those areas you selected are questionable because they are furthest away from the actual output of each transformer (large square without any pins or legs).

usually the good areas to measure the voltages are bigger chip capacitors, as they are specifically used to filter output voltages cleanly. The other smaller capacitors are filtering the noise from the switching operation, protecting the inputs to the small 6 pin IC, to keep the triggering voltage stable within the chip.

I could guess your getting all the proper voltages on the row of 4 power supplies , near the side. But until we can verify that the voltages we need are also located on a chip capacitor like the ones circled, i cannot say for sure where to pin point the issue, since voltage can bleed back into other circuits that are not isolated properly. Usually that happens when a fault with one of the components, that acts like a short for curent to find a path elsewhere.

Comment

Sorry for the colors

Yes, I got right values but on the wrong capacitors, can see it now.
                        On the top ones there is 1.8v but those are near the reset button,
                        0.9v on the row of 4 power supplies, near the side, small ones.
                        1.5v and 1.8v in the middle.
                        Any suggestion what to try next?

Comment

So as a verification you are getting 0.9v, 1.8v, 1.5v and 3.3v, and I am hoping 5v is also being an output to feed the 4 power supplies.

As for the lone power section that originally had 0v, thinking it's not powering on there... I can assume it is actively producing a voltage being found where you tested around the reset button.

So, long story short.... All required voltages for CPU and memory are active... I assume since you jumpered power to USB from the power connector, you can try doing the mask rom pin short, which may reset the lock up of the latch circuit.

i have seen this issue with my mini M8S pro-c. Seems like the firmware locks up the circuit protection when corrupted. Once released power led will function.

There should be info on performing the mask rom pin short for Beelink boards on a thread.

Give it a try, you will know right away by the LED lighting up. It may not light up again if powering off, so flash a good firmware once you do get it to show power and be detected by USB burning tool.

Comment

When powering up, the led is lighting white and the USB burning tool always detects device properly, i don't have problem with that,
                            so i think that mask rom pin short is not necessary. because of proper detection.
                            I do have problem with errors at 2% or 4% in burning tool, tried about 10-15 roms, various Beelink and some custom, no luck.
                            I switched couple of PC's, many cables and power adapters...

Comment

When powering up, the led is lighting white and the USB burning tool always detects device properly, i don't have problem with that,
                              so i think that mask rom pin short is not necessary. because of proper detection.
                              I do have problem with errors at 2% or 4% in burning tool, tried about 10-15 roms, various Beelink and some custom, no luck.
                              I switched couple of PC's, many cables and power adapters...
                              I thought once you jumpered the power to USB, the only light was the optical, and no other power lights.

So, if you get only 2% to 4%.... and mask rom pin short detects, then I assume it's memory. It would cause such things to happen. Though at one time many had issues with Samsung on earlier boxes.

You can try shorten in your USB cable... I have shortened mine down to 1/3 meter.

Comment

Before jumpering have only power light, after I get light on optical.
                                Tried to flash right after jumpering, no luck.
                                I bought short and quality cable.
                                Maybe it is the memory, but when connected with USB-UART it said something like "memory test pass".

Comment

Working...
                                X