Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 Ultimate SCV2-ATV (Android TV) (DDR4)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
    He posted photos of a ddr4 board. But anything not surprise me Monkey assembly line. But he getting to format stage 7 % not at 2 or 4 % as well so seem tool disconnect when try to format (hense why i think driver issue) maybe i see where soneine else have similar.... Is windows 10 or 7?
    I'm using Windows 7 Professional, fresh install, all updates applied, all system drivers installed, no complains from device manager ... on a box thats always worked fine.

If there is a native Linux usb burn tool, I would be more than happy to give that a try.

Also, an additional clue not mentioned elsewhere, the "Android Recovery" menu screen when it appears, say something about "API Version 3" at the bottom. No idea if that means anything or not.

Comment

Lost on what cause but maybe Trebor right maked ddr4 but ddr3? Who knows silly.. But it alf so should go.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Lost on what cause but maybe Trebor right maked ddr4 but ddr3? Who knows silly.. But it alf so should go.
        Do you know if these boards have some sort of header on them, to connect a serial cable ?

I believe I have a USB -> TTL serial cable laying around if that is a viable option.

Otherwise, I'm going to investigate the SD card method after I've had my morning coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Flynn View Post

Do you know if these boards have some sort of header on them, to connect a serial cable ?

I don't have this box.
          From the board picture in Trebor's review, it looks like the pads exist. I circled the suspect pads...Again, don't have this box, cannot confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post

I don't have this box.
            From the board picture in Trebor's review, it looks like the pads exist. I circled the suspect pads...Again, don't have this box, cannot confirm.
            I appreciate the response. This was sort of an assumption on my part, from having worked with other devices like routers and such, that allowed access via serial port.

I've taken my box apart, and posted pictures I took of it if anyone wants to have a look at them they are in this thread here:

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...265#post640265

As for why USB OTG method isn't working, I've dug into the logs and extracted this relevant section:

[13:06:20 767][Global][Inf]--Burning thread HUB3-4 start
            [13:06:20 818][HUB3-4][Inf]--Open device handle \\?\usb#vid_1b8e&pid_c003#5&1054887b&0&4#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed} 0x00000508
            [13:06:20 874][HUB3-4][Inf]--Connect path=Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller/P0/P3
            [13:06:20 874][HUB3-4][Inf]--Start burning...
            [13:06:20 924][HUB3-4][Inf]--------------ERASE BOOTLOADER------------
            [13:06:20 924][HUB3-4][Inf]-------------Download DDR.USB-----------
            [13:06:20 924][HUB3-4][Inf]--0-7-0-16
            [13:06:20 924][HUB3-4][Inf]--No need download
            [13:06:20 924][HUB3-4][Inf]-------------Download UBOOT.USB-----------
            [13:06:20 924][HUB3-4][Inf]--0-7-0-16
            [13:06:20 924][HUB3-4][Inf]--No need download
            [13:06:20 924][HUB3-4][Inf]-- low_power
            [13:06:20 934][HUB3-4][Inf]--Send command success
            [13:06:20 934][HUB3-4][Inf]--Read command status success
            [13:06:20 934][HUB3-4][Inf]-------------Download meson1.dtb-----------
            [13:06:20 934][HUB3-4][Inf]--0-7-0-16
            [13:06:20 934][HUB3-4][Inf]-- download mem dtb normal 88064
            [13:06:20 934][HUB3-4][Inf]--Send download command success
            [13:06:20 954][HUB3-4][Inf]--Read command status success
            [13:06:20 964][HUB3-4][Inf]--Transfer complete
            [13:06:20 964][HUB3-4][Inf]--Send download get_status command succeed
            [13:06:20 974][HUB3-4][Inf]--get_status success
            [13:06:21 477][HUB3-4][Inf]-------------ERASE FLASH-----------
            [13:06:21 477][HUB3-4][Inf]--disk_initial 1
            [13:06:21 477][HUB3-4][Inf]--Send command success
            [13:06:21 492][HUB3-4][Err]--failed:[13:06:21 492][HUB3-4][Err]--Check command return failed
            [13:06:21 508][HUB3-4][Err]--[0x30201004]UBOOT/Disk initialize/Send command/Error result
            [13:06:21 508][HUB3-4][Inf]--Close device handle 0x00000508
            [13:06:28 403][Global][War]--User click stop button

Perhaps one of the more experienced pros can gleen a clue from it. Being a noob, doesn't mean much to me other than "not working damnit."

If I had to guess, total stab in the dark, the Amlogic USB burn tool doesn't appear to like the flash chip ????

Working on SD or USB flash method now, by extracting the .img using the "Amlogic Customization Tool"

UPDATE #1

Tried using "Linux Method" of creating a bootable USB flash drive from http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/11/...ogic-tv-boxes/ ... no luck. It appears the "dd" instructions to write the boot loader are trashing the partition table, as it's unmountable following the instructions provided.

Tried using the "Boot Card Maker" software to create a USB flash drive, and boot the box up into recovery mode. No luck. Tried 2 different flash drives, tried both USB ports, I get the Android Recovery menu, but it doesn't see any files, it only sees the "LOST.DIR" (???) directory.

Trying Boot Card Maker with a SD card now, have to use a different windows computer for that.
            Last edited by Guest; 04-09-2017, 12:42.

Comment

Just what I said it makes it to format mode but device fails. Just for pooh and giggles Id be flashing the ddr3 one to see if they actually screwed up and put wrong memory. It wouldnt be a first.... feel your pain kevin but if its doing same in linux. But thats just me i am a bit goofy flashing wrong firmware just to see if it will work.

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Just what I said it makes it to format mode but device fails. Just for pooh and giggles Id be flashing the ddr3 one to see if they actually screwed up and put wrong memory. It wouldnt be a first.... feel your pain kevin but if its doing same in linux. But thats just me i am a bit goofy flashing wrong firmware just to see if it will work.
                No, I wasn't flashing wrong firmware, and no, the problem in linux was entirely different than the problem in Windows.

Regardless, here is what I did just now, apparently, to make it finally work. I'm not 100% sure its working as I type this, but it made it all the way through the update progress bar, restarted and displayed the SuperCeleron Beelink GT1 screen, and now its displaying some animated doodads, and I assume its going through some sort of initialization / first boot stage, so I'm letting it run for a bit, unless you tell me different. Okay, as I was typing, I made it to the "Welcome choose your system language" screen, so I think its worked.

Okay, for the final, I think it worked method, to flash this Gearbest Alfawise H96 Pro+ 3GB/32GB DDR4 box, in detail:

1) Used a Windows 10 laptop. Probably not important, but just listed for completeness sake. Linux method did not work.
                2) I used a standard speed, budget priced, $13 at Walmart, 32GB Sandisk SD card.
                3) I downloaded SuperCelerons "Standard Android" DDR4 ( not Android TV ) firmware as linked in this forum.
                4) I unzipped the downloaded firmware file, to arrive at the .img file.
                5) I renamed the .img file to remove the hyphen and underline, because another post at http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/11/...ogic-tv-boxes/ seemed to indicate special character were a problem. I tried once with special characters and had no luck.
                6) I ran the Burn Card Maker utility as linked from this forum, changed the language to English, exited and restarted.
                7) I selected the 32GB SD card as the output disk, and checked the following:

[x] To Partition and Format.
                [x] erase_bootloader
                [x] erase_flash
                [forcefully erase all]
                [x] reboot

then opened the renamed firmware .img file and clicked "Make" to create the firmware SD card.

Now, here is where its a little wierd, and I'm not sure if what I did made any difference.

I booted the SD card in the Alfawise box, while holding down the reset button, and when I saw the Android logo and progress bar, I let off the reset button. Immediately after that, for whatever reason, the update stopped and the screen went blank and the unit appeared to power itself off.

So, I repeated the above steps again, but this time I held the reset button in a little longer, and the update progress bar made more progress, and it looked like all was working, so I let off the reset button and by the time I sat down in my chair, the unit had powered itself down again.

So, third times a charm, I held down the reset button, powered the unit back up, and I kept the reset button held down the entire time. The Android logo and updating screen appeared, but it was all corrupted, like, bit shifted or missing a bit plane, but still obviously the screen. I kept the reset button held, and watched it as it made it all the way through the update process and eventually booted the new firmware.

Phew. So, for anyone that has this box ... this is how I got it to update. Use SuperCelerons DDR4 firmware, rename the .img file before creating the boot SD card to remove the hyphen and the underline, and use the SD card and not a USB flash drive or cable, and you should be able to avoid the hours of frustration and heartache I just went through.
                Thanks to Scooter2014 and others for their input. Peace and hot dogs.

Comment

Finally I made it worked, here is the thing. When you get the error romcode/initialized ddr, you should use ddr4 rom. And when you get the uboot bin error at 7% you should use the ddr3 rom. And you should tick the option erase boot loader. Althought the circuit board's text was written as ddr4, I thought it was not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by atboxshop View Post
                    Finally I made it worked, here is the thing. When you get the error romcode/initialized ddr, you should use ddr4 rom. And when you get the uboot bin error at 7% you should use the ddr3 rom. And you should tick the option erase boot loader. Althought the circuit board's text was written as ddr4, I thought it was not.

Use the DDR3 rom, even though the DDR4 firmware worked, and my board says DDR4 ... sounds risky. I may just stick with the SD card method, since that worked with the DDR4 firmware on the DDR4 labeled circuit board, but I certainly appreciate the update and info.

And now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if one of the experts could explain why the ram type would affect the flash operation, which honestly should only affect the internal flash chip, not the cpu ram.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Flynn

Use the DDR3 rom, even though the DDR4 firmware worked, and my board says DDR4 ... sounds risky. I may just stick with the SD card method, since that worked with the DDR4 firmware on the DDR4 labeled circuit board, but I certainly appreciate the update and info.

And now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if one of the experts could explain why the ram type would affect the flash operation, which honestly should only affect the internal flash chip, not the cpu ram.
                      Yes, it is too risky for flashing ddr3 rom to ddr4 circuit board. But high risk high return . For you guys information, here is my circuit board image.

And thanks again for ur great works superceleron.

Comment

Originally posted by atboxshop View Post

Yes, it is too risky for flashing ddr3 rom to ddr4 circuit board. But high risk high return . For you guys information, here is my circuit board image.

And thanks again for ur great works superceleron.
                        Yeah, your board looks to be a different version than mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ir-sensor-board.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	640770

Yours appears to be dated "2016-12-15" where as mine looks like its "2017-2-10"

I've been reading up on U-BOOT and JTAG/serial cables, trying to get setup where I can try different firmwares, possibly via TFTP, which will maybe lower the risk of a mismatch somewhat.

Comment

Great ROM, thanks for creating it! Takes a bit of getting used to Android TV but I'm starting to prefer it over the normal one. I needed to flash the wifi as well, but after that it was smooth sailing!

Just wondering if your FTMC fork of kodi/spmc is actively maintained and if we can expect updates to it by google store or if we have to side load any new versions? Does it have a website we can monitor for new versions?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by EvilUnicorn View Post
                            Great ROM, thanks for creating it! Takes a bit of getting used to Android TV but I'm starting to prefer it over the normal one. I needed to flash the wifi as well, but after that it was smooth sailing!

Just wondering if your FTMC fork of kodi/spmc is actively maintained and if we can expect updates to it by google store or if we have to side load any new versions? Does it have a website we can monitor for new versions?

Regards

Comment

Nice work, thank you very much. Is it possible to add opera TV browser to this rom;

Στάλθηκε από το Nexus 5 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Comment

Is it posible to enable VPN in Android TV? currently, I see white screen without add button in VPN settings.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by andux2; 04-16-2017, 18:02.

Comment

Working...
                                X