Connecting to wifi after network rooter beboot problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to wifi after network rooter beboot problem

Hi I'm new to Beelink GT1 Ult, just bought one a month ago, and like it except for one issue I have:

When I have selected the WiFi point to connect to, if the WiFi router is rebooted or if there is some other break in WiFi signal during a live stream on the GT1 then the GT1 does not automatically reconnect to the WiFi point and user must switch out of live TV app to Android settings and reconnect to the WiFi point. On my other brand devices the reconnect is automatic so any live streaming continues after a short pause period. Do other users experience this issue with the GT1 or is it a function of my device and router setup only?

My device came with Android 6.0.1 build, so maybe updating to latest Nougat build will help? I am not sure so appreciate any help please.

Hello Palatkik, Welcome to Freaktab.
    I do not own this device. Not sure if it will help, but you could try enabling "Use legacy DHCP client" at Settings/More Settings/Developer options, Networking category . If developer options does not show up on your device, go to Settings/About scroll down to Build, click it about 7 times and you will get message you are now a developer. After doing that , go to Settings/More Settings/Developer options, Networking category and enable Use legacy DHCP client.
    I think this only applies to Android 6.
    Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
      Hello Palatkik, Welcome to Freaktab.
      After doing that , go to Settings/More Settings/Developer options, Networking category and enable Use legacy DHCP client.
      Good luck.
      Hi thanks for the feedback. I enabled developer mode like you described but when I select it there is no Networking category I can recognize in there. Only choices are General, Debugging, Input, Drawing, Monitoring and Apps. If I choose any of these there is nothing in the sub menus related to Networking.

Comment

Hello, Running Android 6, under Settings, do you see a "More settings"? If so select it, then scrl down to developer options and look under there for network category, should have Use Legacy DHCP option. Let me know if you need additional info.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170818-161523.png Views:	1 Size:	108.5 KB ID:	663984
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170818-163027.png
Views:	191
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	663989
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170818-161631.png Views:	1 Size:	113.9 KB ID:	663985

Last edited by RISCy Dude; 08-18-2017, 21:44.

Comment

• RISCy Dude
          RISCy Dude commented
          Editing a comment
          Bit of a general warning regarding Developer options, resist altering settings that you are unfamiliar with. No worries trying the Legacy DHCP option though.

Thanks for the feedback.. but as I mention on my GT1 Ultimate the settings are different to yours. I do have something similar on my other brand Android but on the GT1 all I get is the Developer menu item appear next to the "more settings" menu item, not as a sub menu of it. Then if I click on my Developer menu I don't get any option for Networking like you as displayed in the second screen grab below. Therefore I don't know until now how to find the DHCP option you refer to.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_26237.jpg Views:	1 Size:	27.7 KB ID:	664091Click image for larger version  Name:	image_26236.jpg Views:	1 Size:	12.5 KB ID:	664090

Comment

On my AMLogic boxes running Android 6, Developer options shows up under settings as you show in your first image, but Developer options also shows under "More settings" too. It is in the More settings Developer options that has the network/Legacy DHCP option.
          So your saying when you click More settings, when you scroll down you do not have Developer options listed?

Sorry, not having that box, I don't know. Some firmwares have different settings, but I'm surprised it does not have the More settings/Developer options.

Try this. Go to Settings/More settings/About TV box, find Build(scroll down) and click it 7 times. Return to more settings and see if Developer options show then.
          Good luck.

Comment

So your saying when you click More settings, when you scroll down you do not have Developer options listed?
            Yes, there is only 4 items listed with Developer options missing.

Try this. Go to Settings/More settings/About TV box, find Build(scroll down) and click it 7 times. Return to more settings and see if Developer options show then.
            Good luck.
            That's it! Thanks. If I also click on build 7 times, developer options is also enabled again(?) and then it appears under "more options" with networking choices as well besides "more options" without networking choice? So I have now enabled Legacy DHCP option and will see if it helps. Now if internet is cut (say by removing internet line cable) then reconnected without turning off the WiFi at all the device returns online and streaming continues but if I reboot the rooter the device still doesn't reconnect to WiFi automatically unlike all my other devices.

Comment

I think I will try the build 703 with Nougat flash next as I understand it to be latest GT1 Ultimate build and OTA updates will not work without an upgrade to Nougat.

Comment

I've been running the GT1 Ultimate for 6 days now, and since changing to Legacy DHCP option, I have yet to have any loss of wifi connection again.
                Many thanks to RISCy Dude for this solution.

Comment

Glad to hear it, hope it continues without loss.

Comment

Working...
                  X