How Can I Install Magisk On Stock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Can I Install Magisk On Stock?

Hi, I have a GT1 Ultimate with serial starting with AX12 and 705NO firmware. I imagine that I'll need to remove root before flashing magisk. Can someone confirm the proper steps to get magisk without changing from the stock ROM? Is it as simple as deleting su and daemon su, rebooting to twrp, and flashing latest magisk zip?

Sent from my XT1687 using Tapatalk

Hey buggerritt
    Don't worry, installing magisk manager on Stock ROM is the easiest thing if you know something or anything about rooting and unrooting such as installing Super SU and removing Super SU or King Root, etc. Firstly, you need to install TWRP project (recovery mode) *it's very important", and custom recoveries such as CWM are not recommended. Then, get it from the magisk manager official website (latest version is recommended).
    I think you will download magisk manager in .zip format. Now turn off your Android device and then give it 5 seconds to stay like that and now press and hold Power Button + Volume UP + Menu (Home) button. Whenever your phone gets vibrated, leave the power button but hold the volume up + Menu button until you see the TWRP recovery mode on screen.
    Use Volume up and down keys to select and press power button once to enter into recovery mode. Now, load the Magisk Manager file downloaded on your device through TWRP in .zip format only. The flashing process will take up sometime.

Official Website: https://magisk-manager.com/

Note: Please remove any rooting apps if installed already; remove super su or any other apps of such kind.
    So, there you go. Just go ahead and drop your comment if any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Magisk Manager View Post
      Hey buggerritt
      Don't worry, installing magisk manager on Stock ROM is the easiest thing if you know something or anything about rooting and unrooting such as installing Super SU and removing Super SU or King Root, etc. Firstly, you need to install TWRP project (recovery mode) *it's very important", and custom recoveries such as CWM are not recommended. Then, get it from the magisk manager official website (latest version is recommended).
      I think you will download magisk manager in .zip format. Now turn off your Android device and then give it 5 seconds to stay like that and now press and hold Power Button + Volume UP + Menu (Home) button. Whenever your phone gets vibrated, leave the power button but hold the volume up + Menu button until you see the TWRP recovery mode on screen.
      Use Volume up and down keys to select and press power button once to enter into recovery mode. Now, load the Magisk Manager file downloaded on your device through TWRP in .zip format only. The flashing process will take up sometime.

Official Website: https://magisk-manager.com/

Note: Please remove any rooting apps if installed already; remove super su or any other apps of such kind.
      So, there you go. Just go ahead and drop your comment if any issues.
      Hi ,

..... your Phone gets vibrated , small INFO the GT1 is a TVBox with AML Chip , i think S912 ,

and for sure it is not so easy , some Boxes have not supported Bootloaders ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

..... your Phone gets vibrated , small INFO the GT1 is a TVBox with AML Chip , i think S912 ,

and for sure it is not so easy , some Boxes have not supported Bootloaders ,

greetings / gefattern
        Hey gefattern,
        You are 100% correct. It's not easy to do it with an Android TV Box such as GT1 box or any of that kind. But we should not worry, technology is not limited; we can expect the possibility in nearest future as we can do few things with Chromecast easily today.

Comment

Working...
        X