Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its certainly a relief. And having your rom work is a very nice bonus thank you. Its very nice to have the changes you made. (not so sure about the metro launcher though !!! )

However, wifi is still dreadful.
    Drop outs, wont reconnect etc. I physically checked the wifi antenna they used and added some sponge in the case to keep the pins on the pcb pressed onto the crap antenna foil. It works but I cant figure out why it's still so bad. When connected it says its a excellent signal, then drops out and wont reconnect. Ive tried different channels, changed frequency, set it to static and locked the ip address in the router.
    I've read lots of posts about this but no definitive answers. I had hoped you had made improvment in your rom to fix it somehow. Any idea why its so bad?

Comment

Originally posted by cdicky View Post
      Its certainly a relief. And having your rom work is a very nice bonus thank you. Its very nice to have the changes you made. (not so sure about the metro launcher though !!! )

However, wifi is still dreadful.
      Drop outs, wont reconnect etc. I physically checked the wifi antenna they used and added some sponge in the case to keep the pins on the pcb pressed onto the crap antenna foil. It works but I cant figure out why it's still so bad. When connected it says its a excellent signal, then drops out and wont reconnect. Ive tried different channels, changed frequency, set it to static and locked the ip address in the router.
      I've read lots of posts about this but no definitive answers. I had hoped you had made improvment in your rom to fix it somehow. Any idea why its so bad?
      Everyone had their own preference on launchers. You can always install the launcher you like. As for the wifi this is a hardware issue not a software issue. What I did when I owned this box was soldered 2 long wires on the antenna in the box. This helped a lot. If you open box solder 2 wires from like an Ethernet cable that should help, it did for me. I’ll put a link down below there’s also more links around the forum that’ll show you, but you got to find them here on FT.
      Thanks,

Alvatech

link:
      I think I have found a fix for the wifi constantly disconnecting on my GT1 QCA9377 . I took a single conductor out of an ethernet cable and cut it to a length of

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a go. I had read that post, and others and considerd doing similar while I had the box apart.
        But with it saying 'excellent signal' I assumed it was the software kernal or something like the old days with phones.
        Otherwise the rom is realy nice now btw. So much nicer to use. Mind if I ask what box you use now If you have moved on from the GT1.

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post
          [ROM] Beelink GT1 Ultimate SN:LPN1 Android (7.1.2) ALVATECH

This is a nice clean ROM with some tweaks, GUI cleanup, Mods and some changes of the original GT1 Ultimate ROM.
          I've always been a fan of Minix boxes so I pulled some components from the ROM and put together my own ROM.
          Please read the entire post before asking questions. Thank you.

This ROM is for the LPN1 GT1 Ultimate TV Boxes (There has been a lot of hardware variants so please read carefully.)
          I put together a ROM for the older GT1 Ultimate & GT1 Standard Boxes over here, I also have another ROM for a different GT1 Ultimate Boxes over here.

Best thing to do before flashing your box is to check which Build Version & Serial Number you have currently
          Firmware Build Version example 709N1 or 710N1 (ending in N1) is for this ROM.Starting SN: LPN1

Changes/Mods & Tweaks Alvatech ROM:
          • This ROM is based off of Beelink's Latest Firmware.
          • Removed a lot of the unneeded apps that Beelink had.
          • TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0 by TeamWin
          • Tablet version apps or mobile version apps can be installed from google playstore.
          • Cleaned up Beelink's kernel from redundant scripts that I don't use in this ROM.
          • Nicer mouse cursor for easy viewing.
          • Three Launchers: Launcher3 , Minix Metro & Nova Launcher.
          • Pressing the F9 Button on keyboard brings out TV Settings from the right side of the screen.
          • Pressing the F8 button reboots system into recovery mode if needed.
          • Pressing the cogwheel in upper right hand corner of original remote brings up the new android settings.
          • Additional Apps: X-plore File Manager, YouTube leanback. Power Menu (With Recovery Boot Option)
          • Added additional support for more Remotes such as Minix A2 Airmouse and more.
          • Added to Kernel support for more Bluetooth dongles, controllers and joysticks. (Xbox,PS3 & PS4)
          • Removed PPPOE dependencies and several libraries that are no longer required.
          • Fixed google search.
          • Added Multi Webview options under Developer options / WebView Implementation .
          • Added Google Clock.
          • Added Android TV Remote Control.
          • Live wallpaper is available.
          • Added 4K support for YouTube.
          • Alvatech Boot Logo
          • Stock Android Boot Animation
          • Improved Video playback
          • Updated Gapps
          • Added TV Settings in app drawer for users who don't have a keyboard or original remote.
          • Other minor changes, I'll add it as I remember.
          Donation:
          A token of appreciation is always welcomed. Thank you!
          Donation Link Here

Notes:
          Please Checkout the Extra Tips Section (2nd Post)

Download ROM:
          GT1_710N1_AT_V3B

Installation Instructions:
          Recommend Using Amlogic's USB Burning Tool. SD Card Method can be used.

Click needed link down below to download tool needed. There is also instructions / video how to use tool per links.
          USB Burning Tool Method: Amlogic's USB Burning Tool
          SD Card Method: Amlogic's Burn Card Maker

1ST BOOT TAKES ABOUT 5-6 MINUTES, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT.
          THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP IF NEEDED! USE THE ROM AT YOUR OWN RISK!

This is to share my work with everyone and to try to make these TV boxes more enjoyable.
          I will try my best to answer or help with any questions and or concerns as soon as I can.
          If something doesn't function properly please let me know with as much detail as possible and I will try to fix it.
          I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS I DO!!

Hi,

I have used this ROM on my gt1ultimate,it worked fine except wifi issue. The most liked feather was TWRP that allowed me to go back to factory setting.
          I am using nowadays Nexus ROM rom from Magendanz which is having much more stable wifi connectivity, otherwise, your ROM was much better than him.
          I have used your older ROM , pls suggest if this ROM has solved wifi issue, and Also pls let me know if I can install TWRP on my Nexus ROM ROM.

Thanks,
          Jit

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a go. I had read that post, and others and considerd doing similar while I had the box apart.
            But with it saying 'excellent signal' I assumed it was the software kernal or something like the old days with phones.
            Otherwise the rom is realy nice now btw. So much nicer to use. Mind if I ask what box you use now If you have moved on from the GT1.
            I know soldering the wires made a huge difference for me.
            Thanks,

Alvatech

Originally posted by jit_mr View Post

Hi,

I have used this ROM on my gt1ultimate,it worked fine except wifi issue. The most liked feather was TWRP that allowed me to go back to factory setting.
            I am using nowadays Nexus ROM rom from Magendanz which is having much more stable wifi connectivity, otherwise, your ROM was much better than him.
            I have used your older ROM , pls suggest if this ROM has solved wifi issue, and Also pls let me know if I can install TWRP on my Nexus ROM ROM.

Thanks,
            Jit
            Hello,
            I have not worked on this ROM anymore, since I no longer have this box. But like I mentioned in previous posts if you solder 2 wires on the antenna it would give you a better connection. Also notice that some people are using this ROM on other boxes and it works fine. So not sure if it's only hardware and or software too. I will not be making any new ROM's for this box.
            Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

I am using Logitech Webcam C270 HD 720p to video calls without any problems. I wanted to change it to newer with better resolution. I have new no name Chinese camera (max resolution 2K), but it don't want to work on Beelink (there is error message without any details). The camera is working properly, when is connected to Windows PC or Android phone, so this is probably software problem on Beelink (missing drivers etc.). @ALVATECH, could help me?

Comment

bonjour j'ai un problème beelink GT1 7.12ultimate sn/ AGTAGQFH60577 32g version noyau build 709 N1
                ou trouver le bon firmware . MERCI

Comment

BONJOUR cherche rom beelink GT1 7.12 build 709 N1 SN/ AGTAGQFH60577 32G
                  merci

Comment

Hi, did you ever do an more upgrade roms for this box.? Build number 710N1
                    I've had it going fine for several months but now getting weird errors. Mostly TV screen flashing (going blank) and file copy issues.
                    Could well be hard wear faults or just wearing out.
                    If not what box is the next best to replace with. tks

Comment

Hi, did you ever do an more upgrade roms for this box.? Build number 710N1
                      I've had it going fine for several months but now getting weird errors. Mostly TV screen flashing (going blank) and file copy issues.
                      Could well be hard wear faults or just wearing out.
                      If not what box is the next best to replace with. tks
                      Hello,
                      your best bet is to try and re-install / re-flash your box. If it continues to act up then more than likely it's your box (hardware issue).
                      I do not plan on making any new ROMs for this particular box.
                      Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Working...
                      X