Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 Ultimate Android (7.1.2) ALVATECH (SOME NEWER BOXES)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifi AP6255 & KM6335

This is a nice clean ROM with some tweaks, GUI cleanup, Mods and some changes of the original GT1 Ultimate ROM.
    I've always been a fan of Minix boxes so I pulled some components from the ROM and put together my own ROM.
    Please read the entire post before asking questions. Thank you.

This ROM is for the GT1 Ultimate TV Boxes (There has been a lot of hardware variants so please read carefully.)
    I put together a ROM for the older GT1 Ultimate & GT1 Standard Boxes over here, I also have another ROM for the other
    GT1 Ultimate boxes with starting SN: LPN1 over here.

Best thing to do before flashing your box is to check which Build Version & Serial Number you have currently.
    Firmware Build Version example 708D0 OR 709D0 (ending in D0) is for this ROM.
    This ROM is compatible with (Starting SN: B706DB, A706D) and maybe more..

Changes/Mods & Tweaks Alvatech ROM:
    • This ROM is based off of Beelink's Latest Firmware.
    • Removed a lot of the unneeded apps that Beelink had.
    • TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 by TeamWin
    • Tablet version apps or mobile version apps can be installed from Google Play Store.
    • Cleaned up Beelink's kernel from redundant scripts that I don't use in this ROM.
    • Nicer mouse cursor for easy viewing.
    • Three Launchers: Launcher3 , Minix Metro & Nova Launcher.
    • Pressing the F9 Button on keyboard brings up new android settings from the right side of the screen.
    • Pressing the F8 button reboots system into recovery mode if needed.
    • Pressing the cogwheel in upper right hand corner of original remote brings up the new android settings.
    • Additional Apps: X-plore File Manager, YouTube leanback 1080p. Power Menu (With Recovery Boot Option)
    • Added additional support for more Remotes such as Minix A2 Airmouse and more.
    • Added to Kernel support for more Bluetooth dongles, controllers and joysticks. (Xbox,PS3 & PS4)
    • Removed PPPOE dependencies and several libraries that are no longer required.
    • Fixed google search.
    • Other minor adjustments.
    • Alvatech Boot Logo
    • Stock Android Boot Animation

Changes 06/08/18:
    • Changed Kernel to fix memory issues (2GB VS 3GB issue)
    • Added TV Settings in app drawer for users who don't have a keyboard or original remote.
    • Updated a few different apps
    • New YouTube leanback ( to disable notifications look under Extra Tips Section / Post 2 under Tip.4 on how to do this )
    • Other small changes.
    Changes 09/13/18:
    • Based off of the 709D0 ROM
    • Updated TWRP to have the option to install Magisk (look under Extra Tips Section - Post 2 under Tip.1)
    • Updated Gapps, Nova Launcher, X-plore File Manager and a few other apps.
    • Live wallpaper is now available.
    • Added Android TV Remote Control.
    • Improved Video playback
    • Added Multi Webview options under Developer options / WebView Implementation .
    • Added Google Clock.
    • Removed additional libs that weren't needed.
    • Changed Kernel to fix memory issues
    • Added 4K support for YouTube.
    • Other minor changes, if I remember additional changes I'll add it as I remember.
    Donation:
    A token of appreciation is always welcomed. Thank you!
    Donation Link Here

Notes:
    This ROM is compatible with both wifi AP6255 & KM6335.
    Please Checkout the Extra Tips Section (2nd Post)

Download ROM:
    GT1_ULT_709D0_AT_V3A

Installation Instructions:
    Recommend Using Amlogic's USB Burning Tool. SD Card Method can be used.

Click needed link down below to download tool needed. There is also instructions / video how to use tool per links.
    USB Burning Tool Method: Amlogic's USB Burning Tool
    SD Card Method: Amlogic's Burn Card Maker

1ST BOOT TAKES ABOUT 5-6 MINUTES, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT.
    THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP IF NEEDED! USE THE ROM AT YOUR OWN RISK!

This is to share my work with everyone and to try to make these TV boxes more enjoyable.
    I will try my best to answer or help with any questions and or concerns as soon as I can.
    If something doesn't function properly please let me know with as much detail as possible and I will try to fix it.
    I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS I DO!!

Last edited by ALVATECH; 01-22-2020, 15:39.

Extra Tips Section...

Tip (1.)
    MAGISK INSTALL & HOW TO PASS SAFETYNET.

This is to hide ROOT on your box & pass Safetynet and still keep it rooted. You can also install other modules.
    DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    • Download the latest version of Magisk & Magisk Manager put these somewhere you know, like an SD Card.
    • Reboot into Recovery (TWRP) by using the Power Menu App or holding in the reset button on bottom of the box while powering it up.
    • Now in this exact order install Magisk zip file you downloaded through TWRP, after this reboot back into the Android OS.
    • Next install Magisk Manager then open it and if it asks you to allow Magisk to make changes and or updates, allow these changes and or updates.
    • Next in Magisk Manager go to the downloads section from the menu, and in the top right corner in the search bar type SafetyPatch then download that zip file.
    • After you download it remember where you put it, now reboot back into TWRP Recovery again and then install the SafetyPatch zip file you downloaded.
    • Now reboot into the OS and open Magisk Manager again now it should pass the SafetyNet check.
    Notes:
    I have tried this on my ROM only, not any other ROM's so please only ask for help if you installed this on this ROM only.
    Other users or myself can maybe try to assist on any problems you may have. If you need additional help please visit Magisk help here.

If you can't update certain apps from the play store you may need to clear cache from the google play store app in order to make it work again.
    To clear cache you need to go to Settings / Apps / Google Play Store / Storage then press CLEAR CACHE button. Now your apps should update.

Tip (2.)
    SPMC 17 FOR BETTER VIDEO PLAYBACK.

This is for people who still might be having some video playback issues.
    Download SPMC V17.6 or newer link here.
    Then go to Settings >> Then go to Player settings >> then go all the way down and change the option from basic to advanced then go up to Videos and look for the Playback Section and change Adjust display refresh rate to Always. Then go to the Processing Section in there leave all hardware acceleration on then go down to Accelerate MPEG2, MPEG4, h264 and hevc and change those all to Always then close out SPMC properly and then re-open you must restart SPMC properly in order for changes to take place. Then see if your troubled videos work.

Also you can try to enable HDMI self-adaption option and see if this helps out. To do this go to settings by pressing F9 on a keyboard or on the cogwheel in top right hand corner of original IR Remote then settings will come out on the right hand side of the screen. Then under Droid setting / playback settings / HDMI self-adaption and enable that option and see if this helps too.

Tip (3.)
    More Stable Wifi Connection

Go to new TV Settings (or press F9 on keyboard) then go to Network and join a Wifi network. After you've joined successfully then scroll all the way down and go to IP settings then change this from dhcp to static. Usually all the default options are gonna work so just keep accepting all the changes until the end. This should help with waking up from sleep and staying connected and also helps with disconnects from the Wifi network.

Tip (4.)
    Disable Notifications

For example if you want to disable YouTube notifications from popping up in the status bar at top of your screen do the the following steps. Go to Settings / Apps then scroll down until you see YouTube then click on it then go to Notifications then Block all (Never show notifications from this app) toggle that switch on.

Tip (5.)
    Keep status bar hidden

For the most part the status bar hides itself in this ROM. But if you want it hidden all the time. You'll only need to do this once. Here are the following steps:
    1. Download terminal emulator app from the playstore.
    2. Then run the following 2 commands in the terminal app:
    su
    then run:
    settings put global policy_control immersive.status=*
    This will make the status bar immersive.
    Now for some reason you want to undo these changes, you can run these 2 commands:
    su
    then run:
    settings put global policy_control null*

Comment

# Saved

Comment

after flashing this rom my ram shows 2gb. is there a fix?

Comment

Originally posted by kobo View Post
          after flashing this rom my ram shows 2gb. is there a fix?
          Please read the following links down below. Also please post on those threads regarding this topic.
          Thank you,

Alvatech

Links:

Hi Guys, Thanks for your special attention on Beelink. Recently, there are some users pay high attention on GT1 Ultimate, Here is a mother board

Comment

Hi Alvatech,
            I loaded the ROM on a B706DQ. Everythings fine! Thank you for your work!

I have just a question related to Netflix.
            Concerning interactive videos (like Black misrror: Bandersnatch) the system is identified as being not suitable to watch videos of this kind.
            Where does this limitation comes from? The HW, the ROM, the version of Netflix...?
            Troop

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
              Hi Alvatech,
              I loaded the ROM on a B706DQ. Everythings fine! Thank you for your work!

I have just a question related to Netflix.
              Concerning interactive videos (like Black misrror: Bandersnatch) the system is identified as being not suitable to watch videos of this kind.
              Where does this limitation comes from? The HW, the ROM, the version of Netflix...?
              Troop
              Sorry, for the late reply. the issue is a little bit of both. Since the app is originally made for mobile phones. Also I was able to click on a option when asked through out the show but the only thing is you would have to wait until the timer is over for it to see your selection, but it would use what you've selected. There is not much I can do to fix this issue. But at least you can still use it this way but it just takes a few seconds more to finish but it still works.
              Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Hi alvatech,
                I just want say a big thank u for ur work.

i have many issue about sound (DTS MA, atmos etc) with other rom made in tillaz cuz i want android tv

but never mind i take ur and all is fine for sound

Comment

Originally posted by binassmax View Post
                  Hi alvatech,
                  I just want say a big thank u for ur work.

i have many issue about sound (DTS MA, atmos etc) with other rom made in tillaz cuz i want android tv

but never mind i take ur and all is fine for sound

Hello,
                  I'm glad your liking the ROM. I appreciate you posting in to thank me.
                  Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Hello Every one,

I'm dummy at rooting and if some one can helps me to how to play this ROM for my beelink gt1 ultimate 709D0 (B706DB) ?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by hamdouss View Post
                      Hello Every one,

I'm dummy at rooting and if some one can helps me to how to play this ROM for my beelink gt1 ultimate 709D0 (B706DB) ?

Thanks in advance.
                      Hello,
                      So I have a couple of links here for you down below. The recommended way to do this would be using the USB Burning Tool with a male to male USB cable, but you could also use the SD-Card method. Each download link you can read the instructions on how to do this. There is also videos on how to do this through links or you can look for one on youtube. Good look, and I hope you get it going.
                      Thank you,

Alvatech

Click needed link down below to download tool needed.

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

Hello,
                        So I have a couple of links here for you down below. The recommended way to do this would be using the USB Burning Tool with a male to male USB cable, but you could also use the SD-Card method. Each download link you can read the instructions on how to do this. There is also videos on how to do this through links or you can look for one on youtube. Good look, and I hope you get it going.
                        Thank you,

Alvatech

Click needed link down below to download tool needed.
                        thank you for your reply
                        but i tried with the sdcard method, nothing happen
                        and now the box is freezing on the beelink logo and the reset button not working so usb burning don’t detect the box
                        do you have a solution or should i trash it !!!????
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hamdouss View Post

thank you for your reply
                          but i tried with the sdcard method, nothing happen
                          and now the box is freezing on the beelink logo and the reset button not working so usb burning don’t detect the box
                          do you have a solution or should i trash it !!!????
                          Hello,
                          Please make sure you format the card with the Burn Card Maker when you prepare SD-Card. Now, If you made the SD-Card with the Burn Card Maker properly, then keep the box turned off while you plug in HDMI cable and put in the SD-Card into the box. Then plug in power cord into box while holding down the reset button on the bottom of the box. Make sure as soon as you see the Android logo with status bar at bottom let go of the reset button. If for some reason you don't see anything at all just leave the SD-Card in the box and wait for about 15 min to be safe and it should automatically restart if you setup your SD-Card this way. There is an option for reboot, make sure that the check box is checked when making an SD-Card image. Also if the box doesn't get detected with USB Burning Tool you can try a few different things. One is to uninstall and re-install the program this helps a lot of times too, and the other is try another USB port or another PC. Are you able to load an Android OS currently? If so you can run a command in terminal by typing: reboot update
                          This will get your PC to recognize the box with USB Burning tool. If you like you can PM me for some more help if needed.
                          Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Hi Alvatech,

I globally like this firmware, but unfortunatly I had to rollback to the firmware GT1_709D0_20180702, because I had two issues with your firmware :
                            - I had micro images cut off
                            - Some x265 10bits movies were lagging while using kodi

I don't have those issues with stock firmware.

SO even if I prefer yours for overall ergonomics, I had to to use the stock one because of those 2 issues.

Anyway, good job!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulolesGaz View Post
                              Hi Alvatech,

I globally like this firmware, but unfortunatly I had to rollback to the firmware GT1_709D0_20180702, because I had two issues with your firmware :
                              - I had micro images cut off
                              - Some x265 10bits movies were lagging while using kodi

I don't have those issues with stock firmware.

SO even if I prefer yours for overall ergonomics, I had to to use the stock one because of those 2 issues.

Anyway, good job!
                              I'm not sure what type of issues you're having. Not sure what you mean by micro images cut off. As for the x265 video files I would need more specifics. If you like you can PM (Private Message) me and I can try to see what your having issues with. I might need a sample clip to test it out personally. Like I've mentioned please PM me for more info.
                              Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Working...
                              X