Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Yes, I believe it's the reset button.
    You might want to try to see if it is a button to allow sdcard booting. Does your system show anything when you try to boot currently?

Comment

Originally posted by calc View Post

You might want to try to see if it is a button to allow sdcard booting. Does your system show anything when you try to boot currently?
      I used to be able to update the firmware by pressing this button and having the firmware on a SD card. But, I messed up during an update. That's why I think my only chance is using the pins. There is no video signal coming from the box. The only sign of life is the led. I've tried installing the firmware using the USB tool but the box is not recognized by my computer. That's why I was hoping to use the pin trick and manage to make my computer recognize the android box.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

I used to be able to update the firmware by pressing this button and having the firmware on a SD card. But, I messed up during an update. That's why I think my only chance is using the pins. There is no video signal coming from the box. The only sign of life is the led. I've tried installing the firmware using the USB tool but the box is not recognized by my computer. That's why I was hoping to use the pin trick and manage to make my computer recognize the android box.
        Well then you will probably need to hook up to the serial port to see what it is doing. And then see what happens when you boot it with the button held down. You can use something like a FT232H for USB to serial connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhonnie View Post
          All the credits go to the user Chomee from the Beelink support forum, that helped me solving the problem. To him a very huge thanks.

First a little retrospective,

So, I was thinking that the brick of my GT1 Ultimate was my mistake, but after my request to Beelink support for the correct ROM I have received exactly the same ROM I have previous flashed.

I did flash the "GT1_311M0.img" from Beelink link, and was this ROM that bricked my GT1 Ultimate. Yes the supposed original ROM from Beelink.

There are two things, or I have done/doing something wrong or the ROM that Beelink is providing have a really some huge problems. I'm not the first owner of a GT1 Ultimate having this issue; you can check the Beelink forum.

After I flash the GT1 Ultimate with this ROM, the box didn't boot anymore and was not recognized by windows when connect to the PC using the USB A to A cable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a little tutorial to help those with the same problem “DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK” (Original ROM provide by Beelink didn't work for me).

1 - Open the GT1 Ultimate box. Search on Youtube how to open it, is quite easy.

2 - Download the custom ROM for the GT1 Ultimate here on Freaktab, from the user superceleron and extract the image file from the downloaded ZIP: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ndroid-tv-ddr4

3 - Start USB Burning Tool, set language to English.

4 - Load to USB Burning Tool, the .img file you have extracted. USB Burning Tool will check the image and load it.

5 - Set the USB Burning Tool, to Force erase all and remove the check from the Erase bootloader check box.

6 - Press the Start button on USB Burning Tool.

7 - Connect one end of the USB cable to the USB socket on the side of GT1 Ultimate (must be on the side not on the back), and the other end to the PC. At this point windows will not make any sound or USB Burning Tool will detect the GT1 ultimate.

8 - Using some piece of metal short the 2 pins as showed on the attached image (do not short anything else) you will listen a little moan coming from the box and just release the shorted pins (a little touch on the 2 pins will do the trick). At this point you will hear the typical windows sound when a external drive is plugged in, and the USB Burning Tool will show the connected GT1 Ultimate and will start automatically flashing the loaded ROM.

9 - If you get USB Burning Tool error around 2% wait 3 to 5 seconds and just unplug the USB end from the PC and plug it again, USB Burning Tool will restart from where it leftover. Now just wait until USB Burning Tool bar reach the 100%: Burning successfully.

10 - Press the Stop button on USB Burning Tool and unplug the USB cable. And the flash is done.

11 - Go to your TV, connect the HDMI cable to the GT1 Ultimate, connect the power cord and wait for the magic. The flashed ROM takes around 6 minutes on the firs boot, so just wait and go grave a coffee.

12 - Enjoy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After flash this custom ROM, I have done some tests with the GT1 Ultimate, and connected the GT1 Ultimate again to the PC and it works like it should it is automatically detected by windows and USB Burning Tool.

I did flash again the ROM provided by Beelink, since GT1 Ultimate is working has supposed no short pins was required. I have flashed the original ROM 100%: Burning successfully.

On the TV I connect the HDMI cable to the GT1 Ultimate, and power cord, the GT1 Ultimate lights up but nothing happens. The GT1 Ultimate is bricked again.

I connected the GT1 to the PC, and windows do not recognize anymore the box it is bricked again and I must do all the procedure from shorting the pins again and flash again the custom ROM from superceleron.

Resuming, I think there is something wrong with the original ROM since the custom ROM works flawlessly.

Share your experiences.

Regards,
          Jhonnie
          Thank you my friend. My Beelink again alive

Comment

Originally posted by Jhonnie View Post
            All the credits go to the user Chomee from the Beelink support forum, that helped me solving the problem. To him a very huge thanks.

First a little retrospective,

So, I was thinking that the brick of my GT1 Ultimate was my mistake, but after my request to Beelink support for the correct ROM I have received exactly the same ROM I have previous flashed.

I did flash the "GT1_311M0.img" from Beelink link, and was this ROM that bricked my GT1 Ultimate. Yes the supposed original ROM from Beelink.

There are two things, or I have done/doing something wrong or the ROM that Beelink is providing have a really some huge problems. I'm not the first owner of a GT1 Ultimate having this issue; you can check the Beelink forum.

After I flash the GT1 Ultimate with this ROM, the box didn't boot anymore and was not recognized by windows when connect to the PC using the USB A to A cable.

Here is a little tutorial to help those with the same problem “DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK” (Original ROM provide by Beelink didn't work for me).

1 - Open the GT1 Ultimate box. Search on Youtube how to open it, is quite easy.

2 - Download the custom ROM for the GT1 Ultimate here on Freaktab, from the user superceleron and extract the image file from the downloaded ZIP: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ndroid-tv-ddr4

3 - Start USB Burning Tool, set language to English.

4 - Load to USB Burning Tool, the .img file you have extracted. USB Burning Tool will check the image and load it.

5 - Set the USB Burning Tool, to Force erase all and remove the check from the Erase bootloader check box.

6 - Press the Start button on USB Burning Tool.

7 - Connect one end of the USB cable to the USB socket on the side of GT1 Ultimate (must be on the side not on the back), and the other end to the PC. At this point windows will not make any sound or USB Burning Tool will detect the GT1 ultimate.

8 - Using some piece of metal short the 2 pins as showed on the attached image (do not short anything else) you will listen a little moan coming from the box and just release the shorted pins (a little touch on the 2 pins will do the trick). At this point you will hear the typical windows sound when a external drive is plugged in, and the USB Burning Tool will show the connected GT1 Ultimate and will start automatically flashing the loaded ROM.

9 - If you get USB Burning Tool error around 2% wait 3 to 5 seconds and just unplug the USB end from the PC and plug it again, USB Burning Tool will restart from where it leftover. Now just wait until USB Burning Tool bar reach the 100%: Burning successfully.

10 - Press the Stop button on USB Burning Tool and unplug the USB cable. And the flash is done.

11 - Go to your TV, connect the HDMI cable to the GT1 Ultimate, connect the power cord and wait for the magic. The flashed ROM takes around 6 minutes on the firs boot, so just wait and go grave a coffee.

12 - Enjoy

After flash this custom ROM, I have done some tests with the GT1 Ultimate, and connected the GT1 Ultimate again to the PC and it works like it should it is automatically detected by windows and USB Burning Tool.

I did flash again the ROM provided by Beelink, since GT1 Ultimate is working has supposed no short pins was required. I have flashed the original ROM 100%: Burning successfully.

On the TV I connect the HDMI cable to the GT1 Ultimate, and power cord, the GT1 Ultimate lights up but nothing happens. The GT1 Ultimate is bricked again.

I connected the GT1 to the PC, and windows do not recognize anymore the box it is bricked again and I must do all the procedure from shorting the pins again and flash again the custom ROM from superceleron.

Resuming, I think there is something wrong with the original ROM since the custom ROM works flawlessly.

Share your experiences.

Regards,
            Jhonnie
            THANK YOU MASTER!!! It works!

But when I tries to use original firmware from Beelink (310M0. 311M0, 312M0 or 313M0) I have MAC address 20:00:00:00:00:00 and I cannot connect to network. Fortunately Beelink GT1 Ultimate SCV1-ATV (Android TV) (DDR4) works fine.
            So my Beelink is alive!

Comment

The Method By Jhonnie Works perfect

Just to addon

I bad flashed and bricked the GT1 ultimate with same symptoms...Just the blue light and nothing else.....was not detected in AMLBurning tool also...SD Card Method Did Not work

Used Johhnie's method to flash SVC ROm

Unplugged Replugged and Flashed Original GT1_313M0.img from Beelink forum for gt1 Ultimate

All works now!!

Thanks everyone and Jhonnie

Comment

Thank you very much, to me it works perfectly!!!

Comment

Jhonnie, You method work once. The tool did recogonize the port but it error out and i have tried shorting it many times and there is no success. I hear the moan sound but nothing happens on the tool and it does not seem to recogonize. Any ideas. By far your method only had got me somewhere and would really appreciate some insight. I have using a screwdrive and placing inbetween the two pin to hear the moan. Please help

Comment

Guys, Finally I revived my bee-link GT1. I manually flashed a firmware and bricked it. The HDMI was out. The box was just showing white light. I followed johnny's instrustion to flash firmware via usb burning tool. I did have to short the nands. There is no other alternative. SD magic boot is nothing but pure junk. I had to short it more than like 80 times to get it to work. So its not that simple. Out of the 80 times the windows box recogonizes only 5 times. So thats the odds you need to work with. I got it running. No Thanks to bee-link who did nothing to help. Thanks to all folks who actually posted something their experience that I used to revive my box.

Comment

Here you have a solution for all your problems and bricked shity Beelink tv boxes.

Life keeps on, so you should move on and don't waste your time with these chinese crap....
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Did you use hammer 2.0 or 2.1? lol

I have to admit that initial curiosity did turn to giving me a good laugh when I expanded the pictures, so if nothing else, you brightened the day little more
                        Last edited by bluesmanuk; 08-23-2017, 20:17.
                        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I was trying to short the pins lolololol
                          ​F....k Beelink

Comment

Hi ,

destroyed a Box for nothing , but it is his Money .

gefattern

Comment

Hi again ,

deleted the "PROBLEM SOLVED" Topic of Djuganight it was double . He already posted it here .

gefattern (SOLVED TOO)

Comment

Thanks Jhonnie everything turned out, point 9 worked only on one firmware MOD_Beelink_GT1_UGOOS_AM3_1.0.0_2017-02-14, on others refused. (sorry for english)

Comment

Working...
                                X