Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fix trubbles streaming video Amlogic S912.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fix trubbles streaming video Amlogic S912.

Hello! =) We tested several GT1 devices with different firmware versions. And we came to some conclusions, the essence of which we set out in our appeal to the developers of Beelink yesterday. We have not received any reply yet. We want to share our observations here on the forum. Therefore, I quote our appeal to Beelink.

"Hello!
    Thank you for the wonderful device GT1. We are satisfied with everything, but there is one issue. Streaming video with a large bitrate periodically starts playing in the slideshow mode. This happens on all firmwares, that newer than version 104. In all these firmwares, the processor frequency is 1.5 GHz. In the firmware 104 the frequency of the processor is 2 GHz. Apparently, the problem is somehow connected with this. We understand that the processor does not work at a frequency of 2 GHz, even in firmware 104, but somehow the code with fake 2 GHz eliminates the problem. If you install the kernel from the firmware 104 to newer firmware, the problem disappears. These findings were made by testing the work of the TV box by a large number of users communicating on the forum 4pda.ru.

Moreover, user yuri4pda by the method of the analysis of firmware from TV box "Minix Neo U1" it was found out that to solve the problem it is enough to do the following actions. Unpack the firmware kernel and in the file init.amlogic.board.rc add:

write / sys / module / amvdec_h264 / parameters / error_recovery_mode 1

Could you please make some investigations for this issue? We hope you will make a fix. Thank you very much!

P.S. Also there was information that Amlogic has published a new kernel for the S912. Does the company plan to use a new kernel in its new firmware?
    WBR

Your grateful customers"

We hope that users of this forum will contribute to further research of this problem.
    Last edited by Krendelyok; 06-05-2017, 12:06.

Originally posted by Krendelyok View Post

"write / sys / module / amvdec_h264 / parameters / error_recovery_mode 1"
    This fix is already included in this firmware. "Slideshow" is not observed Torrent Stream.

Comment

Originally posted by d.khomyakov View Post
      This fix is already included in this firmware. "Slideshow" is not observed Torrent Stream.
      We are not yet ready to approve of 99%. But a few days of discussion showed this trend ... Modification of the init.amlogic.board.rc file gives some positive results, but they are not 100% at the moment. There are users who say that the problem remains, but less often. Option, when the kernel firmware is changed to the core of the firmware 104 at the moment gives us almost 100% disposal of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Krendelyok View Post
        We are not yet ready to approve of 99%.
        This firmware with fixes from 03,06,2017. I tested it and there is no "slideshow" in it. The frequency of the processor does not affect.

Comment

This firmware with fixes from 03,06,2017. I tested it and there is no "slideshow" in it. The frequency of the processor does not affect.
          Good. Let's wait for the feedback. For the statistics of these data is still small.

Comment

I installed today your firmware for serial number A912. After a short while, the problem manifested itself. Stuck it on the video (it starts in 20 seconds) https://yadi.sk/i/Mtc9pdrL3Jnz5g. As you can see, in this case, changing the init.amlogic.board.rc file did not solve the problem. I returned back firmware 111 with the kernel installed in it from firmware 104. The problem (slide show) disappeared again. We need to understand what exactly changed in the kernel of 104, after the problems with the streaming video started.
            P.S. I'm sorry. I hurried and downloaded the firmware still not fixed. I downloaded the firmware 111 http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=62044531 I will test.
            P.S.S. So far the results are extremely positive!
            Last edited by Krendelyok; 06-03-2017, 22:02.

Comment

I tested for several hours. The result is excellent. I did not find any failures after applying the fix.

Comment

Is it possible to do a english thread with instalation instructions? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Djuganight View Post
                  Is it possible to do a english thread with instalation instructions? Thanks
                  Download the firmware for your device (depending on the serial number of the device). For the number that begins like this: A912 - firmware "GT1_111M0_AP6255_fix_h264_slideshow.img". For serial numbers S912 and G912 - "GT1_111M0_fix_h264_slideshow.img" Next, flash as usual using the "USB_Burning_Tool" utility. Instructions for the firmware through this utility can be found on the Internet. All of the above is true for Revisions 2/16 and 2/32 Gb.
                  Last edited by Krendelyok; 06-24-2017, 05:05.

Comment

Working...
                  X