GT1 WiFi Dropping Antenna Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT1 WiFi Dropping Antenna Fix

I think I have found a fix for the wifi constantly disconnecting on my GT1 QCA9377 . I took a single conductor out of an ethernet cable and cut it to a length of 1.25" which is close to the 1/4 wavelength for a 2.4 GHz antenna. I relocated the existing antenna from the corner of the box to the center front side of the box. I then soldered the wire to the same location that the antenna is soldered on the PCB board. I pointed the wire towards the front of the box and now my wifi is rock solid with both the 708N0 firmware and the Alvatech Nougat ROM. Anybody else want to give it a try? Im sure this will work on other devices with the wifi issue as well.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Upon further testing it wasnt the wire that i soldered in that fixed the wifi dropping. It was reorienting the antenna in a fashion that removes some of the twists and bends from the antenna cable. I was able to achieve the same results by lifting the antenna and rotating it 180 degrees and placing it in the same place. This removes unnecessary bends in the antenna cable. Ive tried it on 5 GT1 boxes now. Just be careful when lifting the fragile antenna from the casing. Looking at the 2nd picture you can evenly peel the antenna up from left to right or top to bottom. If you peel from right to left you will probably rip through the solder joint.

BTW...I love your builds ALVATECH.

Comment

Working...
    X