Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get into recovery mode?

Hi guys,

I have a GT1 G912 currently on GT1_113MO and I've downloaded the stock (708NO) firmware from Beelink and put it on a 4GB fat32 SD card but I can't boot the device into recovery mode for some reason?

I'm connecting with the internal recovery button using a paperclip, the same routine that I use on my Mini MXIII II and it works fine on that, I get into recovery mode every single time... all I get on the GT1 is the inital, frozen, Beelink icon screen.

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by slipd View Post
    Hi guys,

I have a GT1 G912 currently on GT1_113MO and I've downloaded the stock (708NO) firmware from Beelink and put it on a 4GB fat32 SD card but I can't boot the device into recovery mode for some reason?

I'm connecting with the internal recovery button using a paperclip, the same routine that I use on my Mini MXIII II and it works fine on that, I get into recovery mode every single time... all I get on the GT1 is the inital, frozen, Beelink icon screen.

Any thoughts?
    Hi ,

you want to boot the Recovery from SD or internal ??? , no SD needed for internal Recovery , there are Ways to boot a Recovery from SD for AML , hope you can find Infos for use ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

you want to boot the Recovery from SD or internal ??? , no SD needed for internal Recovery , there are Ways to boot a Recovery from SD for AML , hope you can find Infos for use ,

good luck / gefattern
      Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I just need to get into Recovery Mode, at the moment I'm trying the paperclip method whilst powering on but it isn't working.

Once in Recovery Mode I will load the firmware from the micro SD card.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I just need to get into Recovery Mode, at the moment I'm trying the paperclip method whilst powering on but it isn't working.

Once in Recovery Mode I will load the firmware from the micro SD card.
        Hi ,

but why you not flash the Rom with Pc ??? so there is no Rom installed ??? , if , there cant be a Recovery , then you only can boot Recovery from SD and try to flash a Rom , use Pc or a SDBoot/Flashtool for AML ,
        use the Pc , easiest Way ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

but why you not flash the Rom with Pc ??? so there is no Rom installed ??? , if , there cant be a Recovery , then you only can boot Recovery from SD and try to flash a Rom , use Pc or a SDBoot/Flashtool for AML ,
          use the Pc , easiest Way ,

good luck / gefattern
          No, my box is working fine - currently. On 113MO though - a couple of apps I use no longer support 6.0.1, hence needing to update.

Seeing as though the paperclip recovery mode method isn't working, I think I probably will have to resort to using/buying a male-to-male USB cable and flashing that way.

Thanks for your input!

Comment

Did you install a terminal emulator and type "reboot recovery"?
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
              Did you install a terminal emulator and type "reboot recovery"?
              I did not. I did install a reboot app but that just crashed...

Any recommended apps?

Thanks.

Comment

I did not. I did install a reboot app but that just crashed...

Any recommended apps?

Thanks.
                Install Aptoide app and use that to search for a "terminal emulator". If your Android Recovery mode is accessible, then that will access it. Just type "reboot recovery".
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Install Aptoide app and use that to search for a "terminal emulator". If your Android Recovery mode is accessible, then that will access it. Just type "reboot recovery".
                  Cheers, will give that a go! Terminal Emulator is on the Play Store btw :-)

Comment

Well the app and actually reboot worked a treat but...

4svyQ.png

Everything seemed to be going okay but then he fell over.

Comment

• gefattern
                      gefattern commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No Recovery installed , greetings / gefattern

Well the app and actually reboot worked a treat but...

4svyQ.png

Everything seemed to be going okay but then he fell over.
                    Okay, so is it possible to install a recovery? At least that explains it...

My male to male USB cable is en route from China - won't be here for a couple of weeks though, guessing I may have to wait until then.

Comment

Working...
                    X