Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 6.0)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I believe so. I don't have an "ultimate" box to confirm, but just increased RAM and eMMC capacity shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Hi,

Can we get ethernet connection disguised as WiFi. This will help to run applications which looks for WiFi connection to access internet. I want to use ethernet connection always on my GT1 for all the applications but some applications are still looks for wifi connection to run. In Minix there is an option to disguise eth as wifi. Can we have something similar on GT1 ?

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by bjyjhn View Post
        Hi,

Can we get ethernet connection disguised as WiFi. This will help to run applications which looks for WiFi connection to access internet. I want to use ethernet connection always on my GT1 for all the applications but some applications are still looks for wifi connection to run. In Minix there is an option to disguise eth as wifi. Can we have something similar on GT1 ?

Many thanks in advance.
        From what I heard I think you can install exposed and install something very similar to what you are looking for with wifi spoof. I think if you search here on FreakTab you will find some posts about it.
        Last edited by ALVATECH; 02-24-2017, 08:11.

Comment

I just added OTA updaters as a flash option, and these are considerably smaller than the Amlogic burn packages used by USB Burning Tool. Updaters also have the advantage of being able to be installed without wiping user data. The ZIP files are signed, and so can be installed in the Update & Backup app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. They're designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. Bootloader, boot partition and system partition are included, but not recovery (just in case something goes wrong).

If you're installing for the first time, I still recommend that you flash the full Amlogic burn package just to give you a clean slate. After that, the OTA updater should be fine for incremental updates, but if you run into trouble you may still need to wipe user data (factory reset).

Comment

can have a small favor... can minix u9h firmware port to GT1....
            i been using mini mx3 with minix u1 firmware..
            MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Sorry, it's really difficult to port these custom ROMs to hardware that I don't have. You can feel free to give it a try, and I expect that you'd have at least partial functionality because they're both based on the same reference hardware. The real variables are the wireless chipsets and IR codes.

Comment

Nice work, this is the best custom rom for Beelink, smoth and reactif, still only brightness issu to fix. Regards.

Comment

This is an excellent rom! I was never a fan of the leanback launcher until now, you have done a really good jobs on this, the playstore is limited but I use pureapk to get around alot of the issues. I have flashed it to a rupa A9 Diamond with no problems, I then used the AP6255 UPDATE in TWRP rebooted then went through the setup fine. I justed wanted to ask about the kernal update from superceleron will this work with a different wifi chip ? I have added alot on to the box and dont fancy doing it all again if it bootloops.

I have noticed a few freezes during some games, so I guess that this could be sorted with a change in kernal, I have nofuss cpu installed set at high but it make no real difference.

Thanks again for your great work and I look forward to any updates coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by colm1983 View Post
                    I justed wanted to ask about the kernal update from superceleron will this work with a different wifi chip ?
                    Unfortunately, the wireless drivers are also in the kernel, and so I don't believe that Superceleron's kernel will work for you unless you find a AP6255 flavor.

Comment

I went ahead and tried it anyway last night, the flash took a few seconds. Bluetooth is still working but Wi-Fi is gone as you have said. The kernel change has given it a noticeable boost. Which is what I was looking for, games especially PSP emulation are a lot better than expected!

I have changed a few things in the build prop, like model name etc, dpi but I am having problems getting google cast to work, google remote works perfectly, would it be something to do with the display name GT1 for example ?

Comment

Tried it with my m12n s912 box and just did flash the 6255update. Working wifi and bluetooth. So far so good. Later on will enable the ir remote. Thanks!

Edit: changed the remote.cfg working. Only that dont work is power it on. If i change the bootloader.partition as other do will it work to your rom?
                        Last edited by blyx21; 03-16-2017, 15:23.

Comment

Tried flashing bootloader but not working. So maybe s912 is different from s905x way. Anyway to fix the power on of the remote?

Comment

Yes, I've been told by the other ROM developers that the power on IR code is hardcoded in the bootloader, so the best strategy is probably to flash back the original OEM bootloader and boot images. (I would do them both, since I'm a bit paranoid.)

Comment

Ok will try boot and bootloader. Will update you later.

Comment

I tried to change the boot.partition and bootloader.partition to m12n stock rom but no luck. M12n not booting only blank screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X