Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 6.0)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 6.0)

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these Nano and Stock Nexus ROMs prove that less can be more. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added à la carte by the user as needed. These ROMs also serve as a foundation for TVStock Nexus ROMs, which now deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package.

Stock Nexus variant includes:Nano Nexus variant includes:
    • Open GApps Nano Package
    • Google Now Launcher (replaces Lighthome Launcher)
    • Google Chrome Browser (replaces AOSP Browser)
    • Google Legacy Camera (replaces AOSP Camera)
    • Google Desk Clock (replaces AOSP Desk Clock)
    • Google WebView (replaces AOSP WebView)
    • File Manager v3.0.0 and Sound Recorder v6.0.1 from CyanogenMod/LineageOS
    • Terminal Emulator for Android v1.0.70 by Jack Palevich
    • TWRP Recovery 3.1.0-0 by TeamWin
    Changelog (20170606):
    • Enabled multi-user support.
    • Added kernel module for many USB Bluetooth dongles (btusb.ko).
    • Reverted to AOSP keyboard, since Gboard just doesn't have the necessary D-pad navigation support.
    • Removed several libraries that are no longer required.
    • Updated for latest Open GApps build (20170606).
    Changelog (20170525):
    • Updated for latest Beelink firmware OTA update (GT1_113M0) and Open GApps build (20170525)
    Changelog (20170523):
    • New Nexus logo splash and device name of "Nexus GT1".
    • Added kernel modules (device drivers) for Sony PS3 and Dragonrise USB HID game controllers.
    • Updated for latest Open GApps build (20170523).
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.1.1-0.
    • Resolved issues with Google Keyboard, allowing it to replace AOSP keyboard as default IME.
    • Added SELinux security contexts during sparse file system creation.
    Changelog (20170421):
    • Updated for latest Beelink firmware OTA update (GT1_111M0) and Open GApps build (20170421).
    • Removed SuperSU as preinstall. (Build is still rooted, but now can opt to install latest SuperSU via Google Play Store.)
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.1.0-0.
    Changelog (20170319):
    • Update to latest Open GApps build (20170318).
    Changelog (20170302):
    • Added new OTA updaters that can be installed in TWRP without wiping user data.
    • Update to latest Open GApps build (20170302).
    Changelog (20170222):
    • Removed Beelink "feature" that automatically opened Storage Settings on startup if SD card inserted.
    • Removed underlying Amlogic ROM dependency on AOSP WebView.
    • Update to latest Open GApps build (20170222).
    Changelog (20170216):
    • Updated for latest Beelink firmware OTA update (GT1_110M0) and Open GApps build (20170216).
    Changelog (20170212):
    • Exposed regular Settings app in launchers. The Leadback TVSettings.apk is now named "TV Settings" to differentiate.
    • Enabled portable WiFi hotspot (Settings > More > Portable hotspot) and screen cast to any Chromecast device (Settings > Display > Cast). Removed vestigial custom Beelink settings.
    • Switched display density from DENSITY_HIGH (240dpi) to DENSITY_TV (213dpi), which gives more screen real estate and fixes label clipping in Google Now Launcher.
    • Adjusted layout of navigation bar to center main three buttons and provide better spacing.
    Changelog (20170211):
    • Fixed DroidLogic system control permissions that were preventing on-screen keyboard from appearing when needed
    Changelog (20170208):
    • Created two variants: Nano for minimal installation and Stock for full stock Nexus experience
    • Removed MboxSettings OOBE (which had hard-coded references from a Beelink service)
    • Updated navigation bar icons and layout
    • Changed build characteristics to report as "tablet", instead of "mbox" to address some app compatibility issues
    Changelog (20170204):
    • Beelink GT1_109M0 build stripped to Android stock bits and Open GApps
    • Google Now Launcher, Google App, Chrome browser, Google Play Store
    • SuperSU v2.79 by Chainfire
    • TWRP Recovery 3.0.2-2 by AbduL
    • Magenta button background fix for Settings.apk and TvSettings.apk
    • Stock Android boot animation
    Known Bugs:
    • Google Setup Wizard can block completion without a WiFi connection. Workaround is to skip everything and log in on Play Store.
    • Doesn't yet include Amlogic codec brightness fix. To work around, play a few seconds of any 4K video.
    Download:Notes:
    • This ROM is based on GT1_113M0 for the 9377 WiFi chipset (S/N beginning with S912 or G912). If your unit has the AP6255 WiFi chipset (S/N beginning with A912), install the AP6255 UPDATE in TWRP after you flash the ROM to restore WiFi functionality.
    • The updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update & Backup app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. Bootloader, boot partition and system partition are included, but not recovery.
    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset
    Credits:Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170208-172711.png Views:	1 Size:	47.4 KB ID:	628106 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170212-034114.png Views:	1 Size:	17.9 KB ID:	628745Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170212-034134.png Views:	1 Size:	44.6 KB ID:	628747Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170212-034146.png Views:	1 Size:	69.6 KB ID:	628748Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170212-034806.png Views:	1 Size:	16.5 KB ID:	628749Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170212-034819.png Views:	1 Size:	147.1 KB ID:	628750Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170212-034304.png Views:	1 Size:	88.3 KB ID:	628751
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 11-23-2017, 19:13.

Need to try this...
    MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Good job. Can we have a video office this rom? Tanks

Comment

It would be great if we can have video or screenshot of this firmware

Comment

I've inserted some screenshots, but it's really just the minimal boot, setup and launcher experience that we've all come to love on our stock Nexus devices. My only indulgence was to add a terminal window and root file manager, since these are handy for ROM development.

Comment

Let's hope someone will make it available for us with A912

LG-D802 Tapatalk

Comment

Super I am still in original rom. I am very interested in trying it.

Redmi Note 3 Tapatalk

Comment

Can you port to superceleron v7..
                MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Port? You mean to his custom kernel? The Beelink GT1-109M0 build already has the RGB fix and CEC fix, so I think the only reason to do that is for the brightness fix...assuming he'd even be willing to let me. My inclination is to just wait for the amcodec update from Amlogic and focus on the TVStock release with the full Android TV experience. (The workaround is to just play a 4K video.)

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                    In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these Stock Nexus ROMs prove that less can be more. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added à la carte by the user as needed. These ROMs will also serve as a foundation for TVStock Nexus ROMs, which we're building to deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package.

Changelog v1:
                    • Beelink GT1_109M0 build stripped to Android stock bits and Open GApps
                    • Google Now Launcher, Google App, Chrome browser, Google Play Store
                    • SuperSU v2.79 by Chainfire
                    • TWRP Recovery 3.0.2-2 by AbduL
                    • Magenta button background fix for Settings.apk and TvSettings.apk
                    • Stock Android boot animation
                    Known Bugs:
                    • I haven't been able to remove MboxSettings without generating a bootloop. This is redundant with SetupWizard, so it needs to go.
                    • Doesn't yet include Amlogic codec brightness fix.
                    Download:Notes:
                    • This ROM is for Beelink GT1 boxes using the 9377 WiFi chipset (S/N beginning with S912).
                    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first.
                    Credits:
                    Can you make version for BeelinkGT1 6255 model, which have different wifi and bt module (which doesnt work) on that version which I have...?

Comment

Step by step install instructions especially for not so experienced users would be much appreciated. Thanx a lot

Comment

hi please it's possible to put wifi drivers for A912 ?

Comment

I just received the GT1_109MO image for the AP6255 WiFi chipset today, and I should be able to build it. However, I won't be able to test it. Would you be willing? If so, please PM me with your email address.

Comment

Gizmo862, both the Amlogic USB Burning Tool v2.0.8 or BootcardMaker v2.0.0.2 have dedicated threads and documentation describing their use, although I'll admit that they're not exactly designed for novice users. I'll see if I can contribute some best practices in those forums.
                            Last edited by Guest; 02-07-2017, 16:24.

Comment

That would be really fine

Comment

Working...
                              X