Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 6.0)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, Live Channels is now updated to latest version...and the problem wasn't at all what I thought. Apparently, Google added a "feature" in v1.09.419 that hides the Live Channels app in the launcher if there are no channel sources available. This is a horrible UI design, which makes discoverability near impossible, but that's reality for now. What's really odd is that in v1.10.596 they even started ignoring the movie trailer channel provided in Google Movies & TV for Android 6.0 and later. When you upgraded from v1.09.419 the app would just DISAPPEAR from the launcher and the Google Play Store. Really, Google?!

Anyway, the workaround is to install another channel source like Haystack TV, Pluto TV, Bloomberg TV or the Weather Network TV. Once you do that, the Live Channels app will magically reappear.

Comment

Thanks Magendanz!

May I ask please..how do you update an existing installation of your ROM? I assume download the updater file, place it on a usb or SD card, and reboot the Beelink. Do i have to enter recovery mode or something else? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren.OL View Post
        how do you update an existing installation of your ROM?
        I find the easiest way to install incremental updates is to put the ZIP file on a USB drive or SD card, boot into TWRP (launch Terminal Emulator and type "reboot recovery"), hit Install, select the source, and swipe to begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinquieme View Post
          Hi again great work and many thanks.
          Is this rom suited for Sunvell S912 T95K pro boxes?
          http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...k-pro-t95u-pro
          Last edited by fabien74; 03-21-2017, 20:26.

Comment

Thank you for the work on this, exactly what I was looking for, very similar look and feel as my Shield.

I was hoping you could answer a quick question for me please. I loaded this ROM on a Ninkbox Q12, the ROM works great, everything is okay except my remote control. The Ninkbox uses IR and I am not sure if the GT1 does? So, is the code for a IR receiver built into this ROM and I just need to get my original remote.conf, or do I need to load some kind of other packages to get the remote to work? I appreciate your time.

Comment

Originally posted by almstsobur View Post
              So, is the code for a IR receiver built into this ROM and I just need to get my original remote.conf, or do I need to load some kind of other packages to get the remote to work?
              Yes, you'll need to swap out the original OEM remote.conf so that it recognizes the Q12 IR remote codes. That said, the power-on code is supposedly hardcoded deep within the bootloader, and so that still won't work. If that's important to you, swapping back in the original OEM bootloader might restore that. (But be careful, mismatching boot partition and bootloader can risk bricking your box.)

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply and info. I will give it a shot when I get off work, not too worried about bricking it, been down that road a bunch of times already to the point of having to solder leads on to the SPI, lol

Comment

Originally posted by almstsobur View Post
                  ...not too worried about bricking it, been down that road a bunch of times already to the point of having to solder leads on to the SPI, lol
                  Much easier to just short pins on the NAND flash memory chip to reset. No soldering required.

Comment

Hi Magendanz, your Rom is amazing, no pb. But i still have a problem with RGB mode. I must each time i change hmdi source or turn on my TV select 1080p 50 hz and then RGB mode. I don't found yet how can i fix this problem. Am i alone with this bug ? Is a possibity to set definitely the configuration ? Thank for you help.

Comment

Originally posted by loops69 View Post
                      But i still have a problem with RGB mode. I must each time i change hmdi source or turn on my TV select 1080p 50 hz and then RGB mode.
                      Well, this should have received the RGB fix from the Beelink GT1 OEM firmware. I don't have a Sony or Philips TV to test with, though, so I can't confirm.

Comment

great rom can control the box but not power of with samsung tv remote via hdmi cec....... it Works in celerons rom like this rom bettter. is there a way to make it power of or suspend with hdmi cec ?

Comment

Originally posted by poul50 View Post
                          ...is there a way to make it power of or suspend with hdmi cec ?
                          Mine suspends with HDMI CEC from my LG TV (but I disabled it because I didn't like the delay). Are you sure you've got the feature enabled in Settings?

Comment

i have enabled hdmi cec in celerons rom there is a power option in day dream section

Comment

Install update_GT1_110M0_TVStock-20170319.zip in TWRP on sdcard and I get error string at the beginning: /sbin/postrecoveryboot.sh process ended with ERROR:17
                              Install successful and nothing - stock on finish. Whats wrong?
                              A912 2/32Gb
                              Magendanz Can you help me?
                              Last edited by steeroll; 03-29-2017, 00:11.

Comment

Originally posted by steeroll View Post
                                ...I get error string at the beginning: /sbin/postrecoveryboot.sh process ended with ERROR:17
                                That's an innocuous bug with TWRP. It's expected and shouldn't affect the install. I'm hoping that we can get rid of it when we replace with TWRP 3.1.0.

Comment

Working...
                                X