Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 6.0)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 6.0)

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added à la carte by the user as needed, just as I've done with the Stock and Nano variants. I believe these ROMs are stable enough for general use, but don't be surprised if some features from the Nexus Player or NVIDIA Shield TV aren't fully implemented. This will be particularly true of features that require a secure platform (Widevine Level 1) for DRM requirements.

TVStock variant includes:
    • Open GApps TVStock Package
    • Open GApps Nano Package
    • Google Chrome Browser (replaces stock/AOSP Browser)
    • File Manager v3.0.0, Sound Recorder v6.0.1, and App Drawer 1.0 from CyanogenMod/LineageOS
    • Terminal Emulator for Android v1.0.70 by Jack Palevich
    • TWRP Recovery 3.1.1-0 by TeamWin
    Changelog (20170606):
    • Enabled multi-user support.
    • Added kernel module for many USB Bluetooth dongles (btusb.ko).
    • Reverted to AOSP keyboard, since Gboard just doesn't have the necessary D-pad navigation support. Leanback keyboard is still also available.
    • Switched from spoofing the Xiaomi Mi Box to the Nexus Player.
    • Removed several libraries that are no longer required.
    • Updated for latest Open GApps build (20170606).
    Changelog (20170525):
    • Updated for latest Beelink firmware OTA update (GT1_113M0) and Open GApps build (20170525)
    • Fixed permissions issue with CanvasPackageInstaller.apk by signing with platform key.
    Changelog (20170523):
    • New Nexus logo splash.
    • Added Leanback UI sounds.
    • Modified build.prop to spoof the Xiaomi Mi Box, which should circumvent some device checks.
    • Modified build.prop to enable 4K output in YouTube for Android TV.
    • Modified several UI settings (inc. animations & themes) in the framework to match those on the Xiaomi Mi Box and Nexus Player.
    • Added FrameworkPackageStubs.apk and CanvasPackageInstaller.apk, which are present on Xiaomi Mi Box and Nexus Player.
    • Removed GlobalKeyInterceptor.apk, GamepadPairingService.apk and FuguPairingTutorial.apk, which are specific to Nexus Bluetooth remotes.
    • Added kernel modules (device drivers) for Sony PS3 and Dragonrise USB HID game controllers.
    • Updated for latest Open GApps build (20170523).
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.1.1-0.
    • Resolved issues with Google Keyboard and Google Leanback Keyboard, and so both are now available to set as default IME.
    • Added SELinux security contexts during sparse file system creation.
    • Fixed keyboard focus issue on first screen of Setup Wizard (SetupWraith).
    Changelog (20170421):
    • Updated for latest Beelink firmware OTA update (GT1_111M0) and Open GApps build (20170421).
    • Removed SuperSU as preinstall. (Build is still rooted, but now can opt to install latest SuperSU via Google Play Store.)
    • Updated vendor DRM libraries to enable video playback in "regular" Netflix (Android TV version of Netflix still has no workaround.)
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.1.0-0.
    Changelog (20170319):
    • Updated with latest Live Channels app for Android TV 5.1. (Previous version would not update in Google Play Store.)
    • Update to latest Open GApps build (20170320).
    Changelog (20170226):
    • Fixed issue with Play Store incorrectly upgrading apps to versions not designed for Android TV.
    Changelog (20170222):
    • Added Android TV Remote Control Service, allowing use of any Android phone or tablet as a full-featured voice remote control.
    • Added Android TV Customization and Gamepad Pairing Service.
    • Restored MusicFX app that handled Dolby and DTS audio.
    • Removed "feature" that automatically opens Storage Settings on startup if SD card is inserted.
    • Removed underlying Amlogic ROM dependency on AOSP WebView.
    Changelog (20170220):
    • Fixed crash at end of Setup Wizard. Same fix also resolves issues in Google Play Movies & TV and Google Play Music.
    • Live Channels (TV) is now fully functional, and is able to obtain channel lineup.
    • Cast service now starts and broadcasts on network, but refuses connection because it can't get a Cast device cert.
    • Replaced SystemUI app with version from Nexus Player (fugu) factory image, so notifications and nav bar should be standard for Android TV.
    • Home and other navigation key events from remote are now functioning as expected.
    • Includes new version 7.5.08.M of the Play Store which fixes crash on selecting game app categories.
    Changelog (20170216):
    • Initial release based on my Nano variant of latest Beelink OTA firmware update (GT1_110M0) and Open GApps build (20170216).
    Known Bugs:
    • Cast service can't get a Cast device cert through ClientAuthSigner.
    • To make Live Channels app visible in launcher, add a channel source like Haystack or Pluto TV.
    • Doesn't yet include Amlogic codec brightness fix. To work around, play a few seconds of any 4K video.
    • Action bar Up (<) button events are ignored. To work around, use Back button on remote, Esc on keyboard or right-click on mouse.
    • Unable to add VPN profiles in Settings.
    Download:Notes:
    • This ROM is based on GT1_113M0 for the 9377 WiFi chipset (S/N beginning with S912 or G912). If your unit has the AP6255 WiFi chipset (S/N beginning with A912), install the AP6255 UPDATE in TWRP after you flash the ROM to restore WiFi functionality.
    • The updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update & Backup app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's recommended for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. Bootloader, boot partition and system partition are included, but not recovery.
    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset.
    Credits:Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170217-000356.jpg Views:	2 Size:	133.7 KB ID:	630437Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170217-000414.jpg Views:	2 Size:	118.9 KB ID:	630438Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170217-000621.jpg Views:	2 Size:	149.7 KB ID:	630439Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170217-000622.jpg Views:	2 Size:	90.6 KB ID:	630440
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170217-000623.jpg Views:	2 Size:	129.2 KB ID:	630441Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170217-000716.jpg Views:	3 Size:	52.9 KB ID:	630442Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170217-000720.jpg Views:	2 Size:	26.4 KB ID:	630443Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170217-004730.jpg Views:	2 Size:	52.7 KB ID:	630444
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170217-004808.jpg Views:	2 Size:	41.6 KB ID:	630445Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170217-084715.jpg Views:	2 Size:	54.8 KB ID:	630446 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170220-120926.jpg Views:	2 Size:	40.7 KB ID:	630790Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170220-120940.jpg Views:	2 Size:	86.1 KB ID:	630791
    Last edited by Guest; 08-31-2017, 21:34.

download now......
    MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Hello Magendanz,
      thank you for all you've done with this box. I have a question, with this ROM we can install a fully functioning Netflix app for Android TV?
      tkz again

Comment

limited apps
        remote very responsive but cannot select shutdown... need use mouse
        youtube quality very good color very bright
        MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Nice. If someone can make a short video on it would be great

Comment

Nice !!!! I'll try tomorrow. Thx Guest

Comment

Vasco, I believe that Netflix HD will only work on "trusted" boxes with locked bootloaders. Any Amlogic model other than the new Xiaomi Mi Box (MDZ-16-AB) won't qualify, but you should be able to get SD content. (I can't confirm, since I don't have a Netflix account.)

Comment

The rgbfix doesn't work like your Nexus stock. Sad

Comment

Nice and thanks for Android TV stock version
                  there is à way to have full screen ( hide notification bar ) ?

Comment

Originally posted by loops69 View Post
                    The rgbfix doesn't work like your Nexus stock. Sad
                    that's awful, no change to try this out

Comment

Yes, I will be editing down the navigation and notification bar to match the other Android TV reference platforms. (Hence the comment, "Navigation frame in SystemUI needs to be reduced for typical Android TV screen density. Will base this on Nexus Player (fugu) and ADT-1 (molly) ROMs.")

As for the RGB fix, I didn't touch any code related to this. It should be exactly as in the Nano and Stock variants.

Comment

So if netflix HD only works for Nexus IF the android family wouldt it be possible when the rom is stable use the Nexus device id to fool netflix?
                        [img=http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img537/6746/zABbhG.jpg]

Comment

It might be possible to spoof Netflix, but I suspect that it's checking for an unlocked bootloader too. (That's what I'd do.)

Comment

Forget netflix and forget google cast, flix need a proper keys to work(besides it does other little checks) and even to fool it you need a min. of L1 same for google cast... it will never happen...!!!
                            On mine all all is working besides flix hd and google cast! I simple miss the point of rls it that i why i stopped yesterday is 80% done no crashes... but i think i will skip it and leave it only for the internal team to play with it!
                            Btw you can use my kernel a lot faster/smoother than stock one and the rgb fix works better!
                            But still a nice work...

Comment

Thanks! Coming from superceleron, that's high praise! Still got some bugs to work out, though.

On the Netflix and Chromecast issue, are you saying that even if I can port over all the code from my ADT-1 that I still won't have what I need to get that working? That they're using private crypto keys stored on the device, such as an eFUSE or secure storage key? I see in the AML upgrade package that we've already got ones named "widevinekeybox" and "playreadykeybox" which look promising. What keys do you think Netflix and Chromecast would be looking for?

Comment

Working...
                              X