Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 6.0)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by al4life View Post
    Yeah, i tried it out myself with some test files. No luck on true rk output with videos unfortunately. Maybe this is something that needs more work? I noticed other roms and boxes I've tried don't put out true 4k so maybe its a software issue? I know the hardware is capable of trully putting out 4k. None the less these roms and firmwares on here are all great.
    How are you testing this? and what do you mean by true 4k? My tv and YouTube put out 3840x2160
    the TV can go to 4096x2160 on pc but its not 16:9 so looks weird

I also see a noticeable difference on home screen when using 4k vs 1080p

Comment

I mean at least on apps aside from youtube. When i download a test file from the kodi forums and run it on media players (kodi included) it shows that its downscaled or just rendered wrong. It looks worse than the example photo from this link. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=261768

Comment

I mean at least on apps aside from youtube. When i download a test file from the kodi forums and run it on media players (kodi included) it shows that its downscaled or just rendered wrong. It looks worse than the example photo from this link. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=261768
        Thanks will try this on my tvs in built media player then my box. It's something I would be interested in learning more about and possibly trying to fix

Comment

Thanks tillaz87. I tested the same test file via an external hard drive plugged in my tv directly and it showed up fine. It appears this is an issue from what I've gathered searching about 4k output on these boxes.

Comment

Thanks tillaz87. I tested the same test file via an external hard drive plugged in my tv directly and it showed up fine. It appears this is an issue from what I've gathered searching about 4k output on these boxes.
            Don't most if not all, 4k tv do all sorts of scaling and processing though? for HDMI.
            its the main reason i got a Samsung as "game mode" turns some of it off for lower input lag

according to this test my pc is not doing true 4k which is hard to believe

setting desktop to 1080 shows the dots for no scaling.. I think its the TVs
            Last edited by tillaz87; 12-22-2017, 20:13.

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post

Don't most if not all, 4k tv do all sorts of scaling and processing though? for HDMI.
              its the main reason i got a Samsung as "game mode" turns some of it off for lower input lag

according to this test my pc is not doing true 4k which is hard to believe

setting desktop to 1080 shows the dots for no scaling.. I think its the TVs
              It may have little to do with it. I remember reading somewhere that stock android can't output 4k which most boxes have but android tv os is capable of it. I remember downloading an apk called 4kunity from somewhere here in these forums and using it on the box to see if it is using 4k resolution but that even shows 1920x1080 and not 3840x2160. I do have the setting on 4k 60hz and even tried on the other 4k resolutions in settings. Perhaps maybe flashing android tv os would give true output of 4k? Not sure if that would be possible though. At least for now

Comment

It may have little to do with it. I remember reading somewhere that stock android can't output 4k which most boxes have but android tv os is capable of it. I remember downloading an apk called 4kunity from somewhere here in these forums and using it on the box to see if it is using 4k resolution but that even shows 1920x1080 and not 3840x2160. I do have the setting on 4k 60hz and even tried on the other 4k resolutions in settings. Perhaps maybe flashing android tv os would give true output of 4k? Not sure if that would be possible though. At least for now
                still though, why is my PC with GTX 1080 showing as not true 4k, with the same TV?

Android TV code is part of standard android just diff config and gapps so this is TV os with amlogic kernel etc. would be that if anything

will try on shied TV later on.

Comment

That is odd for the gtx to not show true 4k. Maybe it needs a driver update? On the other hand I'm not sure how, if any development, could be done with getting true 4k. I'm no developer myself, just know how to flash roms and go about troubleshooting

Comment

Actually its working on pc when set to full screen, windowed shows scaled

Comment

Thats good. As far as 4k on the box goes is it possible to fix eventually? My tv shows that the signal is 4k when i have it set in the settings but for whatever reason video output isnt really rendered as 4k. I tried a rom that was rooted and attempted to change the resolution via a root app called NOMone Resolution Changer but that didnt work, even with correct dpi.

Comment

Hello
                        what is more stable .....
                        android tv android tv 6 or 7?

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Both are pretty darn stable. On Marshmallow, you've go the Amlogic codec brightness issue, and on Nougat you've got a Bluetooth audio stuttering problem. Nougat also has a few fixes that haven't worked back to the older releases yet, such as the Action bar fix.

Hello, First, I wanted to thank you for the great work on Android TV ROMs.
                        My question may be stupid, but I wanted to know if I can install the Beelink GT1 ROM on a Tanix TX8 device.
                        If not, is there a ROM that can work? Sorry to have posted this request on this post, but I hope my request will help others in my case;

TX8 features: System Information. Operating System: Android 6.0 Kikat CPU: Amlogic S912 64bit Octa-Core ARM Cortex A53 GPU: ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU 750MHZ + HDMI 2.0a transmission including controller and PHY with 3D, CEC, HDR and HDCP 2.2, 4Kx2K @ 60 max output resolution RAM: 2GB DDR3 (1GB optional) ROM: 32GB eMMC FLASH Bluetooth: BT 4.1 Memory: Micro SD Card (Maximum 64GB) Antenna for WIFI

If it takes Android 6 Marshmallow I found on the internet a link to download the firmware of the TX8 with Android 6 Marshmallow:

Thanks for your help

Comment

Does this ROM serve in this model of the photo?

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                            RISCy Dude commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Welcome to Freaktab.
                            The picture in this post cannot be seen clearly, it may not be useful to those who could help.
                            Good luck.

Good Day

Is this rom for DDR4 only?

I get a Ram error when trying to install on my H96 Pro Plus 3Gb 16Gb DDR3 Box

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X