[ROM] Beelink GT1 Ultimate Nano & TVStock (Android TV) Nexus ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Beelink GT1 Ultimate Nano & TVStock (Android TV) Nexus ROM

IMPORTANT NOTE: This custom ROM is not being maintained, since restoring to the OEM GT1-311M0 release corrupted the bootloader and I've been unable to restore it with USB Burning Tool or by shorting eMMC pins to enter Mask ROM Mode. You're much better off using the Nano and TVStock builds for Nougat, which installs and runs on both Standard & Ultimate SKUs.

Thanks to hardware generously donated from gearbest, we've now got Nano & TVStock Nexus custom ROMs for the Beelink GT1 Ultimate. As with all of these ROMs designed In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, the goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons. The Nano variant also serves as the foundation for the TVStock ROMs, which deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package.

TVStock variant includes:Nano Nexus variant includes:
    • Open GApps Nano Package
    • Google Now Launcher (replaces Lighthome Launcher)
    • Google Chrome Browser (replaces AOSP Browser)
    • Google Legacy Camera (replaces AOSP Camera)
    • Google Desk Clock (replaces AOSP Desk Clock)
    • Google WebView (replaces AOSP WebView)
    • File Manager v3.0.0 and Sound Recorder v6.0.1 from CyanogenMod/LineageOS
    • Terminal Emulator for Android v1.0.70 by Jack Palevich
    • TWRP Recovery 3.1.0-0 from TeamWin
    Changelog (20170427):
    • Initial build made from latest Beelink firmware (GT1_312M0) and Open GApps build (20170427).
    Known Bugs:
    • Cast service can't get a Cast device cert through ClientAuthSigner except when casting from Chrome browser.
    • The DroidLogic system control that Amlogic put into their SDK doesn't allow substitution of the AOSP keyboard, which is a problem for the LeanbackIME.
    • To make Live Channels app visible in launcher, add a channel source like Haystack or Pluto TV.
    Download:Notes:
    • This ROM is based on GT1_312M0 for the 9377 WiFi chipset (S/N beginning with S912 or G912) with DDR4 DRAM. If your unit has the AP6255 WiFi chipset (S/N beginning with A912), install the AP6255 UPDATE in TWRP after you flash the ROM to restore WiFi functionality.
    • The OTA update is signed, and so can be installed in the Update & Backup app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. Bootloader, logo, boot partition and system partition are included, but not recovery.
    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset
    Credits:
    Last edited by Guest; 11-23-2017, 01:57.

Just a quick note: There's strong evidence to suggest that the GT1 Ultimate has internal hardware variations in addition to the two wireless chipset configurations, and this can cause issues with flashing the burn packages. (Basically, the UBOOT binaries in the burn package are hardware specific, and doing something like switching to DDR4 memory may require them to be rebuilt.) The effect is that some burn packages posted may not be compatible with your GT1 Ultimate and will generate a "[0x10105002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error" in USB Burning Tool 2.0.8.

For example, the burn package posted on the Beelink forum here was incompatible with the hardware they sent to both me and superceleron, and now I suspect that our custom ROMs are incompatible with the hardware for which that OEM firmware was intended.

So, if you start getting these errors when attempting to flash the burn package, don't get overexcited and start shorting pins on your NAND chip. It's likely that you just don't have the right firmware for your particular flavor of GT1 Ultimate. Try the OTA update instead.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-28-2017, 10:14.

Comment

Flashed ok on A912 model at the Android Screen waiting as I type.
      will then TWRP wifi
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I had to build the AP6255 updater from GT1_311M0 sources, so hopefully that won't be a problem. Let me know how it goes.

Comment

Stuck at Android Logo with flash, no animation
          Repowered Android logo had slight animation 2 minutes them stopped.
          Re powered Android logo frozen.
          Re Flash

Using Nano
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Well, I did see one instance where the Google Play Store unexpectedly quit, but then everything still ran fine after that. I didn't have the logcat service enabled at the time, but I'll look through the logs tomorrow to see if there are any clues. What's your hardware variation? Do you have a DDR4 3GB/32GB config?

Comment

Yep 3/32 ddr4
              First flash failed to complete boot Android logo and stayed.
              Second Flashed failed to get past b logo

Back to SC rom to see all is ok and is....Ok tomorrows problem
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Yeah, it's 3am here too. I had two successes and one hung Android boot logo with TVStock. I won't know what's going on until I examine the logs.

Comment

I want to work

root android

Comment

Unfortunately, this may be my only custom ROM build for the GT1 Ultimate, since I had a bad flash earlier today and "bricked" the box GearBest just sent me. Usually, that's no big deal because we can short two pins on the NAND eMMC to enable Mask ROM Mode, but the pins don't seem to work with this the new Samsung KLMBG4GEAC eMMC. What we suspect is that Beelink used the same PCB, changed the NAND eMMC chips, but forgot that the mask mode on different brand chips have different pins.

Comment

And in addition to the different NAND eMMC, this unit uses the Longsys LTM8830 wireless chipset. So, we're now up to three variations of wireless chipset, two versions of eMMC, and I don't know how many different versions of DRAM. Lots of permutations to deal with.

Comment

Hi, Magendanz. The hardware failure is disappointing news but maybe there's still hope. A user named Jhonnie posted at http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ate-short-pins and he included a photo of different pins to short on a bricked Beelink GT1 Ultimate. Let us know if doing that manages to recover your bricked device. Good luck!

Comment

That link was so promising, but unfortunately it didn't work for me. In fact, now I don't even get the light when I connect via USB. (Not sure what that little squeal was, but I'm guessing it's not good.)

Comment

Hmmm, that's unfortunate. I hope that the box comes back to life at some point but I'm not as familiar with hardware recovery methods so I can't be of much help in that regard.

Comment

Hi guys, I am screwed, just received today my ultimate, ser # G912, wanted to install this rom, but without usb cable, i had to use the OTA method, then it stopped with error. Tried rebooting, but froze on Beelink logo, so I decided to use the sd card burn to convert the rom 311MO to sd, tried to reboot from sd card, then nothing, no picture, no logo, nothng, please help. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X