Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these Nano and Stock Nexus ROMs prove that less can be more. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added ?* la carte by the user as needed. These ROMs also serve as a foundation for TVStock Nexus ROMs, which deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package.

Important Note: Please use my affiliate link so that GearBest continues to send me sample hardware: Beelink GT1 Ultimate

Stock Nexus variant includes:Nano Nexus variant includes:
    • Open GApps Nano Package
    • Google Now Launcher (replaces Lighthome Launcher)
    • Google Chrome Browser (replaces AOSP Browser)
    • Google Legacy Camera (replaces AOSP Camera)
    • Google Desk Clock (replaces AOSP Desk Clock)
    • Google WebView (replaces AOSP WebView)
    • Terminal app from LineageOS
    • TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 by TeamWin
    Changelog (20180119):
    • Based on the latest Shiningworth All-in-One firmware (Vorke_Z6-20171221).
    • Underlying OEM firmware now includes settings for Auto Framerate and Superuser Root Mode.
    • Updated kernel modules for game controllers and added initialization code in init.amlogic.board.rc.
    • Added kernel module for Broadcom Bluetooth USB dongles.
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 based on latest OEM kernel.
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20180119).
    Changelog (20171125):
    • Removed LED status service and references to supporting controller in the device tree. Should be smoother now.
    • Removed battery charge icon from status bar.
    • Cleaned up text in Settings->Display, clarifying language and fixing misspellings.
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20171125)
    Changelog (20171119):
    • Now back to the latest Shiningworth All-in-One firmware (Vorke_Z6-20171110). No more hybrid with VideoStrong framework.
    • Added local update and backup option from Settings->About->System update based on Amlogic stock OTAUpgrade app.
    • Back to the previous set of OEM-specific options available in Settings, particularly with Display and Dolby/DTS features in Sound.
    • The navigation bar can now be shown or hidden via the setting in Settings->Display->Toggle Navigation Bar.
    • This underlying OEM firmware is not rooted. You can install SuperSu or Magisk, if you need this.
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20171119)
    Changelog (20171108):
    • New system apps and framework from M8S Pro, but still built on the All-in-One TX8 Max kernel and foundation.
    • Added additional option (Sleep) to global action menu that displays when you press and hold the Power button.
    • Fixed Bluetooth audio stuttering problem. (Have confirmed on QCA9377 wireless chipset, but not AP6255.)
    • Fixed issue with external storage not showing up in some applications.
    • A new set of OEM-specific options are available in Settings, particularly with Display and Dolby/DTS features in Sound.
    • Removed attempt to launch voice assist on Back button long press. (Only valid for watches)
    • Added support for all HID devices (e.g. remotes, gamepads, etc.) on latest Nougat firmware for Nexus Player, NVIDIA Shield TV & Xiamoi Mi Box
    • The navigation bar can now be shown or hidden via the setting in Settings->Display->Statusbar.
    • The Terminal app now shows only after being enabled in Settings->Developer Options.
    • Releasing as OTA updates (.zip file) as well as Amlogic burn packages (.img file)
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20171108)
    Changelog (20170825):
    • Now based on TX8 Max OEM firmware (20170815), which apparently has support for both Qualcomm/Longsys and AMPAK/Broadcom wireless chipsets.
    • Upgrading version from Android 7.1.1 (NMF26Q) to 7.1.2 (NHG47L).
    • Some new options are available in Settings, particularly with Display and Dolby/DTS features in Sound.
    • The navigation bar is back. Just drag up from the bottom to show and hit the chevrons to hide.
    • Remote codes are no longer stored in the device tree, so Mouse Mode functionality is restored and you can customize the remote.conf.
    • Replaced Jack Palevich's Terminal Emulator with Terminal app from LineageOS, tweaking manifest so that it always shows in launcher.
    • Power button press-and-hold now shows both Power Off and Restart. Behavior for short-press is configured in Settings.
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20170825)
    Changelog (20170730):
    • Beelink GT1_702N0 OEM bootloader, kernel and device trees with Mecool M8S Pro V0321 system stripped to Android stock bits and the latest Open GApps
    • Nexus splash logo with stock Android boot animation
    Known Bugs:
    • I'm still seeing some stuttering with Bluetooth audio, but it seems specific to the LTM8830 wireless chipset.
    • Clicking on Vision Settings in the setup wizard will launch an unsupported activity in Settings.
    • If holding reset button to boot to recovery, release after 10 seconds and then wait for almost a minute. It will eventually get there.
    Download:Notes:
    • This ROM has drivers for the Qualcomm QCA9377 and Longsys LTM8830 wireless chipsets (S/N beginning with S912 or G912) AND the AMPAK AP6255 wireless chipset (S/N beginning with A912). (Many others are also included.)
    • This includes device trees for 1G, 2G and 3G DRAM configurations, and so it should work on both GT1 standard and Ultimate SKUs.
    • The updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. If you're installing for the first time, you should include a data wipe.
    • The safest bet is always to install the full Amlogic burn package with USB Burning Tool.
    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset
    Credits:Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	nexus.jpg Views:	4 Size:	10.8 KB ID:	659665Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-072938.jpg Views:	4 Size:	9.9 KB ID:	659661Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-072953.jpg Views:	4 Size:	16.5 KB ID:	659662Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003105.jpg Views:	3 Size:	14.7 KB ID:	659654Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003120.jpg Views:	3 Size:	35.5 KB ID:	659657Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003203.jpg Views:	3 Size:	24.6 KB ID:	659655Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003325.jpg Views:	3 Size:	19.6 KB ID:	659663Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003248.jpg Views:	3 Size:	22.0 KB ID:	659658Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003302.jpg Views:	3 Size:	20.1 KB ID:	659656Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003210.jpg Views:	3 Size:	46.5 KB ID:	659659Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-010720.jpg Views:	3 Size:	29.2 KB ID:	659660Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-010729.jpg Views:	3 Size:	43.0 KB ID:	659664
    Last edited by Guest; 02-24-2019, 22:00.

WOW.. it is amazing to see developers like you, SC, tillaz working on this box. THANK YOU. will try and report back

Comment

Actually, it looks like I've got a issue with the device tree that's preventing video playback. Might want to hold off on this until I can get a fix in.

UPDATE: The problem with video playback was fixed by reverting to the GT1_702N0 kernel (and bootloader). No changes to the system were necessary.
      Last edited by Guest; 07-31-2017, 05:29.

Comment

ok thanks for headsup

Comment

Guest About the gamepad drivers, does this build have for Xbox 360 or Ps3?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            No, I haven't added those kernel modules on this ROM yet. It's built on an entirely new foundation, and I haven't gotten around to a lot of the manual tweaks that I've done on previous releases. My first priority is to get it to work.

Hello i have found a bug with reel keyboard in french azerty don't work rest in french qwerty

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmmm...I think we've got a bit of a language barrier here. You're saying that the physical QWERTY keyboard doesn't work in French? I really haven't touched either the LatinIME or LeanbackIME virtual keyboards, and I certainly didn't touch any keyboard layout files. Can you check the underlying OEM firmware?

no bottom navigation?
          MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            There's a setting to turn it on.

Thank magendanz but it's french AZERTY not working

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Okay, this keyboard is unknown to me, but I will make an effort to add as many keyboard layouts as I can find in my next update.

Is this a 64bits version ? Still looking to make Dolphin emulator work..

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, it's a 64-bit kernel. The system is ARM build, though, because you don't really get any benefit from ARM64 until you have more than 4GB of RAM. In fact, it bloats the code a bit, which hurts performance.

Generally, we found the ARM64 builds to be more problematic. Hopefully, that won't be true for long, but for now I decided to stick with ARM.

i am happy for this rom but please i want show the navigation bar please help me

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Settings -> Display -> Statusbar

First of all, this should be called Navigation Bar, not Status Bar (which is at top) and definitely not Statusbar (one word). Secondly, there seems to be a bug so that the settings gets out of sync with the actual visibility state of the bar. For example, it usually starts as ON, but you have to toggle it OFF and then back ON for it to appear. Then, if you collapse it by clicking the chevrons on the right side, the only way to restore it seems to be by going back to the Settings menu...and then it's out of sync again so that you have to toggle it OFF and then ON.

So, the feature is there, but it's far from perfectly implemented. I'm hoping we'll see some bug fixes here soon.

THANKZ
          Last edited by m7mdaly; 08-07-2017, 18:49.

Comment

Actually ARM64 improve performance a lots with native Android app (Youtube, Kodi, 3D games...) when switch to armv8a instructions on GCC of NDK compiler.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll have to share this with superceleron, who was the one who convinced me to stick with ARM builds for now. Interesting that they're seeing a 59-69% increase in compiled size, though. That's even worse bloat than I expected.

well i still dont see any gain in arm64 i really dont!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
              well i still dont see any gain in arm64 i really dont!
              You don't see any gain because it's only show in profiler / benchmark tool.

Compiled size increase 60% because apk now contain both armv7 and armv8a lib.so.

Maybe you guys stay in 32bit with 1GB ram boxes too long and afraid to accept new 64bit Android 7.1 technology, even AMLogic engineers still stay with it when set ARM variant of LLVM/DalvikVM on cortex-a9 in build.prop while Android already support cortex-a53 variant a long time ago

Comment

• superceleron
                superceleron commented
                Editing a comment
                well i did already compare 32 and 64 and you wont see any gain in any media apps, kodi yt etc, and no dont tell me you see the diference because you dont!
                Im not telling the is not there i know some is there but the cost(hotter laggy) benefit(cooler smoother) is a lot bigger.
                Like i said in private to some of my dev colleagues, "64 only if you have 4gb ram, if not do not worth.. well only if you want to use mining apps..."

But I want it. Just Because I want 64 bit. If the instruction set is done correctly from Aml then the cpu load reduces and life of device is longer. (So 2 months instead of 2 weeks ) Buy a car that has 6 cylinders and only runs on 4 Typical UE thinking.

Signed

Mr64bit.

(Hands over ears Not listening I want it .I want it. I want it.... )
              Last edited by scooter2014; 08-03-2017, 17:04.
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Working...
              X