Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes of course... but I will need some help, because I'm new at android tv boxes.
    Should I download the file to sdcard, reboot to twrp (how do I reboot to recover??), and install zip?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Just copy the .zip file to an SD card (or USB flash drive), reboot to TWRP (type "reboot recovery" in Terminal), select Install, select Install Source to point to your .zip file, and then install it. No data wipe should be necessary.

great work with the rom love it ,,, are you going to enable recent apps ? doubble press home i think ?? maby assistant in future

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought I set all those options in framework-res.apk. Are they not working for you?

Ok, I've done it, and it fixed the fact I couldn't write in search in Play Store, for example.
    But, I still can't install apk files!
    should I try install other file manager from play store and try that way?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      This is very strange, since it's working for me when I open .apks from the built-in Files app and Chrome.

Okay, I'm reverting both CanvasPackageInstaller and GooglePackageInstaller to the previous versions. We'll see if that helps.
      Last edited by Guest; 08-28-2017, 23:18.

Originally posted by gt85nz View Post
    great work with the rom love it ,,, are you going to enable recent apps ? doubble press home i think ?? maby assistant in future
    just about to install this rom backing up few things using your other android tv rom you hadn't listed those options so thought were not enabled but now know they are ,, awsome work thanks

Comment

If you didn't pick this up from earlier comments, I picked up a couple of bugs when I grabbed newer versions of Google Search (Katniss) and the Android TV Package Installer (CanvasPackageInstaller) from the latest factory ROMs posted for the Nexus Player. I've since reverted to the previous versions, and it seems to have fixed the issues.

Since I was a bit time constrained, there was no new official release. If you use the old links, you'll pick up the changes.

I've also added an OTA update, which can be flashed in TWRP without need for a data wipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
        If you didn't pick this up from earlier comments, I picked up a couple of bugs when I grabbed newer versions of Google Search (Katniss) and the Android TV Package Installer (CanvasPackageInstaller) from the latest factory ROMs posted for the Nexus Player. I've since reverted to the previous versions, and it seems to have fixed the issues.

Since I was a bit time constrained, there was no new official release. If you use the old links, you'll pick up the changes.

I've also added an OTA update, which can be flashed in TWRP without need for a data wipe.
        I was wondering if my problem is related with the fact I install img through USB tool, and didn't untick the box to erase bootloader. So my bootloader was erased.
        Does this needs to be fixed? How to do it? Is this a major problem?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          No, that setting just erases the bootloader before flashing the new bootloader.img. It's prudent to uncheck the box, just in case something happens between the erase and write, but it's a very small time window for something to go wrong. On the other hand, if it does you'll need to reset to Mask ROM mode by shorting pins on the eMMC, so why risk it?

@Magendanz
        I confirm the OTA update fixed the search problem for play store. I notice there is a slight delay for audio when playing a live tv stream. I don't experience the problem for your Android TV 6.0 ROM.

By the way, can you add the following in the init.amlogic.board.rc for init.d support? It is very helpful to run some init scripts when the system booted up.

service sysinit /system/xbin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d
        user root
        group root
        class main
        oneshot

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd need to run this by a few others to determine the perf and security impact. As a general rule, I don't mess with the OEM kernel or RAM disk.

WiFi did not work initially, at the initial setup it wouldn't connect. It would say connected successfully but when at sign in page, it would say network issue then retype the password and redo connection. I then installed OTA through recovery thinking it would fix the issue but it did not. I then used ethernet to setup the device then after few tries I was able to connect to wifi. So I am not sure what was the issue there. S92 Alfawise here btw

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Just to be clear, you can choose to flash using the burn package (.img file) or OTA update (.zip file), but it would be entirely redundant to do both. Of the two, I prefer the burn package because you get a "clean install" and will resolve any partitioning issues. It also won't work on the wrong hardware (which may not be true of the OTA update).

As for WiFi, some of these chipsets take a while to connect and get an IP. That's especially true with a weak signal, and the internal antennas on these are crap.

Any news on my problem of not being able to install downloaded apks?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe it's fixed. I found a problem with CanvasPackageInstaller that I corrected, and everything else was working fine.

So, I must install OTA again?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          If you're still seeing an issue, I would just recommend a factory wipe.

How to access twrp to install the update? thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by jotascotch View Post
          So, I must install OTA again?
          I install the OTA file and solved!
          Thank you.

Now i'm figuring out how to personalize some things.
          How do we put app shortcuts on the Homescreen?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            This website makes shortcuts (very small APK's) so you can launch your apps from you home screen: http://atvlauncher.trekgonewild.de
            Just follow the instructions on the site and you can make custom shortcuts and use your own graphics.

Originally posted by dm15 View Post
          How to access twrp to install the update? thank you!
          See post #24.

Comment

I did not understand the procedure. Must install the zip file and press with a paper clip under the box ?

Comment

Hi Magendanz, is it possible to upgrade via OTA from your version update_GT1_113M0_TVStock-20170606?
              If yes, will i lose all my apps?
              Thank you

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry, but you can't upgrade from Android 6.0 to Android 7.1 without a data wipe. (It might sort of work, but you'll be in a weird state.) For the Nano and Stock variants, I'd just suggest you restore from backup. However, that option doesn't seem to be available in Android TV.
            Working...
            X