Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added ?* la carte by the user as needed, just as I've done with the Stock and Nano variants. I believe these ROMs are stable enough for general use, but don't be surprised if some features from the Nexus Player or NVIDIA Shield TV aren't fully implemented. This will be particularly true of features that require a secure platform (Widevine Level 1) for DRM requirements.

Important Note: Please use my affiliate link so that GearBest continues to send me sample hardware: Beelink GT1 Ultimate

TVStock variant includes:Changelog (20180119):
    • Based on the latest Shiningworth All-in-One firmware (Vorke_Z6-20171221).
    • Underlying OEM firmware now includes settings for Auto Framerate and Superuser Root Mode.
    • Updated kernel modules for game controllers and added initialization code in init.amlogic.board.rc.
    • Added kernel module for Broadcom Bluetooth USB dongles.
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 based on latest OEM kernel.
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20180119).
    Changelog (20171125):
    • Fixed Action Bar bug in Settings, and so More Settings is now restored. (Thanks, tillaz87!)
    • Removed LED status service and references to supporting controller in the device tree. Should be smoother now.
    • Removed battery charge icon from status bar.
    • Cleaned up text in Settings->Display, clarifying language and fixing misspellings.
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20171125)
    Changelog (20171119):
    • Now back to the latest Shiningworth All-in-One firmware (Vorke_Z6-20171110). No more hybrid with VideoStrong framework.
    • Added local update and backup option from Settings->About->System update based on Amlogic stock OTAUpgrade app.
    • The status bar can now be temporarily shown by dragging the mouse pointer to the top edge of the screen.
    • The navigation bar can now be shown or hidden via the setting in Settings->Display->Toggle Navigation Bar.
    • The Power button is back on the Android TV Launcher row for Settings.
    • Back to the previous set of OEM-specific options available in Settings, particularly with Display and Dolby/DTS features in Sound.
    • This underlying OEM firmware is not rooted. You can install SuperSu or Magisk, if you need this.
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20171119)
    Changelog (20171108):
    • New system apps and framework from M8S Pro, but still built on the All-in-One TX8 Max kernel and foundation.
    • M8S Pro framework fixed the Action Bar bug in Android TV, as well as the More Settings crash in Android TV.
    • Added additional option (Sleep) to global action menu that displays when you press and hold the Power button.
    • Fixed Bluetooth audio stuttering problem. (Have confirmed on QCA9377 wireless chipset, but not AP6255.)
    • Fixed issue with external storage not showing up in some applications.
    • A new set of OEM-specific options are available in Settings, particularly with Display and Dolby/DTS features in Sound.
    • Removed attempt to launch voice assist on Back button long press. (Only valid for watches)
    • Added support for all HID devices (e.g. remotes, gamepads, etc.) on latest Nougat firmware for Nexus Player, NVIDIA Shield TV & Xiamoi Mi Box
    • The Terminal app now shows only after being enabled in Settings->Developer Options.
    • Releasing as OTA updates (.zip file) as well as Amlogic burn packages (.img file)
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20171108)
    Changelog (20170825):
    • Now based on TX8 Max OEM firmware (20170815), which apparently has support for both Qualcomm/Longsys and AMPAK/Broadcom wireless chipsets.
    • Upgrading version from Android 7.1.1 (NMF26Q) to 7.1.2 (NHG47L).
    • Some new options are available in Settings, particularly with Display and Dolby/DTS features in Sound.
    • Remote codes are no longer stored in the device tree, so Mouse Mode functionality is restored and you can customize the remote.conf.
    • Replaced Jack Palevich's Terminal Emulator with Terminal app from LineageOS, tweaking manifest so that it always shows in launcher.
    • Power button press-and-hold now shows both Power Off and Restart. Behavior for short-press is configured in Settings.
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20170825)
    Changelog (20170730):
    • Beelink GT1_702N0 OEM bootloader, kernel and device trees with Mecool M8S Pro V0321 system stripped to Android stock bits and the latest Open GApps
    • Nexus splash logo with stock Nexus boot animation
    Known Bugs:
    • I'm still seeing some stuttering with Bluetooth audio, but it seems specific to the LTM8830 wireless chipset.
    • Google Cast service works from Chrome browser, but apparently requires Google license to work from Android apps.
    • Recommendations will show in the status bar by design. If you want it always hidden, just uncomment "persist.sys.useTvStatusBar=true" in build.prop.
    • If holding reset button to boot to recovery, release after 10 seconds and then wait for almost a minute. It will eventually get there.
    Download:Notes:
    • This ROM has drivers for the Qualcomm QCA9377 and Longsys LTM8830 wireless chipsets (S/N beginning with S912 or G912) AND the AMPAK AP6255 wireless chipset (S/N beginning with A912). (Many others are also included.)
    • This includes device trees for 1G, 2G and 3G DRAM configurations, and so it should work on both GT1 standard and ultimate SKUs.
    • The updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. If you're installing for the first time, you should include a data wipe.
    • The safest bet is always to install the full Amlogic burn package with USB Burning Tool, just like at the factory.
    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset
    Credits:Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	nexus.jpg Views:	5 Size:	10.8 KB ID:	659784Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-094430.jpg Views:	3 Size:	15.2 KB ID:	659789Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033009.jpg Views:	3 Size:	88.5 KB ID:	659790Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033026.jpg Views:	3 Size:	20.4 KB ID:	659785Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033340.jpg Views:	3 Size:	11.0 KB ID:	659788Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-031607.jpg Views:	3 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	659786Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033120.jpg Views:	3 Size:	104.4 KB ID:	659791Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033246.jpg Views:	3 Size:	52.2 KB ID:	659793Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033331.jpg Views:	3 Size:	33.2 KB ID:	659792
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 03-12-2022, 20:46.

Excellent work says me l friends you will not have a fix for wifi chipset ap6330? I thank you in advance

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Nougat will require an update to the AMPAK flashable .zip that you can install in TWRP, but I'll try to whip that out soon.

hi ,

it should be on the nougart stock before i can use it?

regards
    kabise

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope, the nice thing about Amlogic burn packages (.img files) is that you can pretty much flash the device in any state. It even does the partitioning. (Of course the downside is that it also does a factory wipe.)

Will this ROM work on H96 Pro + ?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      If the old custom GT1 ROM for Android 6.0.1 worked, then this one should too. However, you may still have issues with wireless drivers and remote control codes. (Unfortunately, remote control codes are now stored in the device tree, and so fixing it isn't as easy as replacing the remote.conf.)

Is the Netflix TV app working or the Smartphone version ?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I found that Netflix for Android TV would only work on the boxes with Widevine L1, like the M8S Pro+. Everyone else seems to need to use the version for tablet or phone.

@Magendanz looks like air-mouse isn't working, neither from remote nor from cetusplay

Comment

Originally posted by kapiltvbox View Post
      @Magendanz looks like air-mouse isn't working, neither from remote nor from cetusplay
      So only attached mouse or keyboard is working?

Comment

Originally posted by benn0s1991 View Post

So only attached mouse or keyboard is working?
        Didn't try with attached mouse or keyboard... only tried with remote..

Comment

looks like air-mouse isn't working, neither from remote nor from cetusplay
          Both the Beelink GT1 and Alfawise S92 only ship with an IR remote (and I've confirmed that those are working), so I'm assuming this is an after-market addition on your part. Can you tell me which brand?

Comment

@Magendanz IR remote buttons are working fine however when I press the mouse button on the remote, cursor is not showing anymore. It used to work perfectly on 6.0 ATV rom.

Yes its a different device https://www.banggood.com/COOLEME-MB2...p-1090722.html, however its having same remote.

Update:
            looks like some slight difference is present in the remote.. mine looks a bit different and power up is causing camera app to open .

Comment

IR remote buttons are working fine however when I press the mouse button on the remote, cursor is not showing anymore. It used to work perfectly on 6.0 ATV rom.
              Yes, there seems to be an issue with the mouse button on the remote. Unfortunately, these are now a real pain to change, since they're encoded in the device tree in Nougat. I will look into it, though.

Comment

With the ampak sa driver puts me an error

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Please read the notes. The old AMPAK update for Marshmallow won't work for Nougat, so you've got to wait until I update it.

Ok thank you friends i wait

Comment

Awesome Magendanz!! Will try and let you know the feedback.

Comment

Congrats Magendanz I guess you were also able to unbrick your device? Looking forward to more custom ROMs. Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No, the GT1 Ultimate is still bricked hard. This was built on an Alfawise S92, which is identical to the "standard" 2G/16G GT1.
                  Working...
                  X