Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 Standard & Ultimate Android (7.1.2) ALVATECH (Both 6255 & 9377)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Beelink GT1 Standard & Ultimate Android (7.1.2) ALVATECH (Both 6255 & 9377)

This is a nice clean ROM with some tweaks, GUI cleanup, Mods and some changes of the original GT1 ROM for both Standard & Ultimate TV Boxes.
    I've always been a fan of Minix boxes so I pulled some components from the ROM and put together my own ROM.
    Please read the entire post before asking questions. Thank you.

This ROM is for both GT1 Ultimate & GT1 Standard TV Boxes. This can be used for 16GB & 32GB Versions.
    (There has been a lot of hardware variants so please read carefully.)
    I put together a ROM for the newer GT1 Ultimate Boxes here, I also have another ROM for the GT1 Ultimate boxes with starting SN: LPN1 over here.

Best thing to do before flashing your box is to check which Build Version & Serial Number you have currently.
    Firmware Build Version example 708N0 OR 709N0 (ending in N0) is for this ROM.
    This ROM is compatible with (SN: AX12, A912 or G912, S912)

Changes/Mods & Tweaks Alvatech ROM:
    • This ROM is based off of Beelink's Latest Firmware.
    • Removed a lot of the unneeded apps that Beelink had.
    • TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 by TeamWin
    • Tablet version apps or mobile version apps can be installed from Google Play Store.
    • Cleaned up Beelink's kernel from redundant scripts that I don't use in this ROM.
    • Nicer mouse cursor for easy viewing.
    • Three Launchers: Launcher3 , Minix Metro & Nova Launcher.
    • Pressing the F9 Button on keyboard brings up new android settings from the right side of the screen.
    • Pressing the F8 button reboots system into recovery mode if needed.
    • Pressing the cogwheel in upper right hand corner of original remote brings up the new android settings.
    • Additional Apps X-plore File Manager, YouTube leanback 1080p. Power Menu (With Recovery Boot Option)
    • Added additional support for more Remotes such as Minix A2 Airmouse and more.
    • Added to Kernel support for more Bluetooth dongles, controllers and joysticks. (Xbox,PS3 & PS4)
    • Removed PPPOE dependencies and several libraries that are no longer required.
    • Fixed google search.
    • Other minor adjustments.
    • Alvatech Boot Logo
    • Stock Android Boot Animation
    Changes 09/17/18:
    • Added TV Settings in app drawer for users who don't have a keyboard or an original remote.
    • New YouTube leanback Added 4K support (to disable notifications look under Extra Tips Section / Post 2 under Tip.4 on how to do this)
    • Updated TWRP to have the option to install Magisk (look under Extra Tips Section - Post #2 under Tip.1)
    • Updated Gapps, Nova Launcher, X-plore File Manager and a few other apps.
    • Live wallpaper is now available.
    • Added Android TV Remote Control.
    • Improved Video playback
    • Added Multi Webview options under Developer options / WebView Implementation.
    • Added Google Clock.
    • Removed additional libs that weren't needed.
    • Other minor changes, if I remember additional changes I'll add it as I remember.
    Donation:
    A token of appreciation is always welcomed. Thank you!
    Donation Link Here

Download ROM:
    GT1_709N0_AT_V3A

If you have sound issues with your bluetooth device on QC9377. Install this patch down below with TWRP.
    Download BT Patch:

AT_7.1.2_BT_QC9377

Installation Instructions:
    Recommend using Amlogic's USB Burning Tool. If you are upgrading from Android 6.0 you must flash with USB Burning Tool.
    If you already have android 7.1 installed then you can flash through Amlogic's USB Burning Tool or the SD card method.

Click needed link down below to download tool needed. There is also instructions / video how to use tool per links.
    USB Burning Tool Method: Amlogic's USB Burning Tool
    SD Card Method: Amlogic's Burn Card Maker

1ST BOOT TAKES ABOUT 5-6 MINUTES, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT.
    THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP IF NEEDED! USE THE ROM AT YOUR OWN RISK!

This is to share my work with everyone and to try to make these TV boxes more enjoyable.
    I will try my best to answer or help with any questions and or concerns as soon as I can.
    If something doesn't function properly please let me know with as much detail as possible and I will try to fix it.
    I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS I DO!!

Last edited by ALVATECH; 01-22-2020, 15:40.

Extra Tips Section...

Tip (1.)
    MAGISK INSTALL & HOW TO PASS SAFETYNET.

This is to hide ROOT on your box & pass Safetynet and still keep it rooted. You can also install other modules.
    DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    • Download the latest version of Magisk & Magisk Manager put these somewhere you know, like an SD Card.
    • Reboot into Recovery (TWRP) by using the Power Menu App or holding in the reset button on bottom of the box while powering it up.
    • Now in this exact order install Magisk zip file you downloaded through TWRP, after this reboot back into the Android OS.
    • Next install Magisk Manager then open it and if it asks you to allow Magisk to make changes and or updates, allow these changes and or updates.
    • Next in Magisk Manager go to the downloads section from the menu, and in the top right corner in the search bar type SafetyPatch then download that zip file.
    • After you download it remember where you put it, now reboot back into TWRP Recovery again and then install the SafetyPatch zip file you downloaded.
    • Now reboot into the OS and open Magisk Manager again now it should pass the SafetyNet check.
    Notes:
    I have tried this on my ROM only, not any other ROM's so please only ask for help if you installed this on this ROM only.
    Other users or myself can maybe try to assist on any problems you may have. If you need additional help please visit Magisk help here.

If you can't update certain apps from the play store you may need to clear cache from the google play store app in order to make it work again.
    To clear cache you need to go to Settings / Apps / Google Play Store / Storage then press CLEAR CACHE button. Now your apps should update.

Tip (2.)
    SPMC 17 FOR BETTER VIDEO PLAYBACK.

This is for people who still might be having some video playback issues.
    Download SPMC V17.6 or newer link here.
    Then go to Settings >> Then go to Player settings >> then go all the way down and change the option from basic to advanced then go up to Videos and look for the Playback Section and change Adjust display refresh rate to Always. Then go to the Processing Section in there leave all hardware acceleration on then go down to Accelerate MPEG2, MPEG4, h264 and hevc and change those all to Always then close out SPMC properly and then re-open you must restart SPMC properly in order for changes to take place. Then see if your troubled videos work.

Also you can try to enable HDMI self-adaption option and see if this helps out. To do this go to settings by pressing F9 on a keyboard or on the cogwheel in top right hand corner of original IR Remote then settings will come out on the right hand side of the screen. Then under Droid setting / playback settings / HDMI self-adaption and enable that option and see if this helps too.

Tip (3.)
    More Stable Wifi Connection

Go to new TV Settings (or press F9 on keyboard) then go to Network and join a Wifi network. After you've joined successfully then scroll all the way down and go to IP settings then change this from dhcp to static. Usually all the default options are gonna work so just keep accepting all the changes until the end. This should help with waking up from sleep and staying connected and also helps with disconnects from the Wifi network.

Tip (4.)
    Disable Notifications

For example if you want to disable YouTube notifications from popping up in the status bar at top of your screen do the the following steps. Go to Settings / Apps then scroll down until you see YouTube then click on it then go to Notifications then Block all (Never show notifications from this app) toggle that switch on.

Tip (5.)
    Keep status bar hidden

For the most part the status bar hides itself in this ROM. But if you want it hidden all the time. You'll only need to do this once. Here are the following steps:
    1. Download terminal emulator app from the playstore.
    2. Then run the following 2 commands in the terminal app:
    su
    then run:
    settings put global policy_control immersive.status=*
    This will make the status bar immersive.
    Now for some reason you want to undo these changes, you can run these 2 commands:
    su
    then run:
    settings put global policy_control null*

Comment

# Saved

Comment

Thank you very much man!!!

Comment

thk bro

Comment

Originally posted by pszab View Post
            Thank you very much man!!!

Originally posted by sabachutrung View Post
            thk bro

Your welcome
            Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Hi, is this Android Tv or Android Tablet ? Does Live wallpapers works ? Thanks

Comment

Thanks for your work!

I see Netflix app, just SD quality, right?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by box_77 View Post
                  Hi, is this Android Tv or Android Tablet ? Does Live wallpapers works ? Thanks
                  This is standard android. Usually it will say in the first post if it were ATV but it's not. Also in the first post it also mentions that the ROM has Live Wallpaper.
                  Thank you,

Alvatech

Originally posted by mistervik View Post
                  Thanks for your work!

I see Netflix app, just SD quality, right?

Regards
                  That's correct, unless the box is Netflix Certified you're not able to play anything higher than SD quality.
                  Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Just installed this ROM in Beelink GT1.
                    So far... it is definitely the best ROM I tested for that TV Box.
                    It worked right away after the installation without any problems.
                    Only Netflix app asked for an update that didn't work, I couldn't update. But, If I ignore the update, Netflix works. Don't know if in SD or HD.
                    I find the Minix launcher fantastic. Very easy to navigate and adapt to our needs. Great choice!
                    Minix A2 Lite airmouse works without any problem. And, in this ROM it is very fast in responding, which in other ROMs was terrible.
                    I am still exploring the ROM, but considering the technical description provided about the ROM, I think it is one of the best works from Alvatech!
                    Thank you Alvatech!

Comment

Originally posted by jotascotch View Post
                      Just installed this ROM in Beelink GT1.
                      So far... it is definitely the best ROM I tested for that TV Box.
                      It worked right away after the installation without any problems.
                      Only Netflix app asked for an update that didn't work, I couldn't update. But, If I ignore the update, Netflix works. Don't know if in SD or HD.
                      I find the Minix launcher fantastic. Very easy to navigate and adapt to our needs. Great choice!
                      Minix A2 Lite airmouse works without any problem. And, in this ROM it is very fast in responding, which in other ROMs was terrible.
                      I am still exploring the ROM, but considering the technical description provided about the ROM, I think it is one of the best works from Alvatech!
                      Thank you Alvatech!
                      Awesome!! thank you for all the positive feedback I really appreciate that. If you get Magisk installed by going through the 2nd post you can then get Netflix updated without any issues. You might need to clear cache in the Google Play Store to get the update after you install Magisk. As for Netflix it's only gonna be Netflix in SD since the box is not Netflix certified.
                      Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

I can now confirm that after following the Magisk instalation described in Post #2, I was able to update the Netflix app to the latest version.
                        Everything working great.
                        Now, is there a way of making the box start and opening automatically the Netflix app?
                        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jotascotch View Post
                          I can now confirm that after following the Magisk instalation described in Post #2, I was able to update the Netflix app to the latest version.
                          Everything working great.
                          Now, is there a way of making the box start and opening automatically the Netflix app?
                          Thanks.
                          Hello,
                          I'm glad you got it going. You can go to the Google Play Store and find an Autostart app that can do this for you, if one fails or doesn't work properly try another one until you find one that works best for you.
                          Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

hi
                            first thank you for this great rom!

I would lik to know if there is any chance to switch to the default mouse cursor?

thx

Comment

Originally posted by Lukanz View Post
                              hi
                              first thank you for this great rom!

I would lik to know if there is any chance to switch to the default mouse cursor?

thx
                              If you like you can PM (Private Message) me so I can try to walk you through a patch I can make to do this for you.
                              Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Working...
                              X