Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Root and Flash with Mac OSX. Virtualized Windows 7 ? Live Ubuntu ? Framaroot ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Root and Flash with Mac OSX. Virtualized Windows 7 ? Live Ubuntu ? Framaroot ?

Hello,

First post here. I googled a lot before posting, but i can't find replies to my questions. So here we go.

I'm waiting for my MK809III shipped by geekbuying and i'm looking for infos to root it and flash it with my Mac running OSX Lion. I have no other computers at home, and i don't really want to install windows on my macbook.
    The question is, is it safe to do it with a virtualized Windows 7 ?

I have another option, i can boot my mac on a live Ubuntu 14.04 usb stick. But my Linux skills are very limited, so this option seems to be a little scary to me and i can't find a very clear step by step tutorial.

I also find the possibly to Root an Android device without a computer using apps like Framaroot ? Is this option reliable for my device ?

The main reason i want to Root it and flash it is I'd like to run a light Linux Distro on the SD card.

I hope someone could help me,
    Cheers,
    Guillaume

Same boat, all my x86 are hackintosh's, but even phones miss the tool attention in OS X.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto View Post
      Same boat, all my x86 are hackintosh's, but even phones miss the tool attention in OS X.
      Hi Pluto,
      do you have an Android device and a Virtualized Windows running ? If yes, could you check if the device is detected by windows and if at least you are able to install the drivers please ?
      However, an advice for you, in your case (hackintosh) i'll try to install windows on an external drive. Easy to do with an non apple-efi computer.

Comment

Is there a way to flash with Mac OSX? I don't have a Windows computer. I have a Z6 VORKE Plus. I'd want to flash a custom Android TV room, but I can't find out if there's a tool that I can use or not on OS X. I've flashed LibreELEC earlier without any hassle.

Comment

Working...
        X