Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touchscreen

Hi,
    some time ago i asked about how to get my touchscreen work - since all i got was a !relative! cursor which i could move around. Meanwhile I figured it out - and I thought I should share it with you - if anyone else searches it.
    To get the screen into touchscreen mode - all I had to do was creating a input-device-config file for the screen as decribed here:

for my Acer T230H:
    it is named "Vendor_0408_Product_3001.idc" and goes to "/system/usr/idc/Vendor_XXXX_Product_XXXX_Version_XXXX.idc"
    (Acer T231H should be "Vendor_0408_Product_3001.idc" - or the other way round not sure anymore)

The file-content has to be:
    touch.deviceType=touchScreen
    device.internal=1

and a 3rd BLANK line!!! wich is important or it wont work - also be sure to use unix encoding for the file.
    Maybe you could add this to you readme file or even inclue those 2 files in your next ROM for other people to have it right away.

Thanks for your great ROM.

I love my 23"-Tablet

[Btw I nearly never had Wifi-Problems using another Power adaptor - but somehow each time I unpluged USB and reconnected - I had to reboot to get it working again - well uptime is now > 1 week without problems]

Bob

Post #9

Originally posted by kmoldr View Post
    I would love to try this, but have no idea of how & where to insert the information from the instructions. I am a total noob looking to learn. I have the same Acer monitor as Badbone & a MK808 with 1.5 Finless Bob rom. Which in turn leads to a big thanks to Bob for his wonderful work for all of us.
    Vendor_0408_Product_3000.txt
    So here is a Step-by-Step guide:
    0. connect an usb-hub and a keyboard/mouse to you MK808
    1. Install BusyBox Free -> Market -> run the installer
    2. Install Terminal Emulator -> Market
    3. run Terminal Emulator -> write down "lsusb" -> remember the output
    4. Connect your monitor to the USB of the MK808
    5. run Terminal Emulator -> write down "lsusb" -> remember the output
    6. by comparing the two outputs of "lsusb" you should see wich new device was plugged-in
    7. The last two numbers seperated by the ":" are the PID and VID of the touch interface wich you will need - for me they are 0408 and 3000
    8. download the attached file and rename it: replace the with the numbers you found by the method above & rename the file-ending to *.idc
    9. copy the file to you device (e.g. by using an sd card, dropbox, wireless adb,...)
    10. open terminal emulator again and write down "su" -> wait for the root confirmation window and accept it
    11. write down "cp /sdcard/Vendor_0408_Product_3000.idc /system/idc/Vendor_0408_Product_3000.idc" (replace the path "/sdcard" with the path you copied the file to)
    12. reboot the device
    13. have fun

regards
    BadBone

Post #25

GOT IT!!!!!

used the attached file and renamed it the right way with ubuntu.
    copyed it to a micro-sd, copy and pasted the file in system/usr/idc with es file explorer (with mount /system on).
    hooked up a mouse and keyboard started a terminal.
    and typed:

su
    chown 0,0 /system/usr/idc/Vendor_0408_Product_3001.idc
    chmod 06755 /system/usr/idc/Vendor_0408_Product_3001.idc
    reboot

that did the trick,works great now.
    Thank you all for the help.
    Last edited by Finless; 02-13-2013, 21:09.

I moved this into it's own post as this is great info but was burried in the bootscreen thread.

Thanks for sharing this info.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Badbone, so what does this actually do for you?
      How are you using this feature? with VNC and a tablet or something?

Bob

Comment

I think the 23" screen he is referring to is an actual touchscreen. So now he can use it as a "tablet". That's what I got atleast.. So

Comment

Originally posted by samyboy89 View Post
          I think the 23" screen he is referring to is an actual touchscreen. So now he can use it as a "tablet". That's what I got atleast.. So
          Exactly - actualy its the "PC" for our kitchen with a movable wallmount
          For recipes, watching movies / TV, hearing music,...

The Acer T230H/T321H is a 23" Screen with an optical touch. 1,5 years ago this screen was about thew same price as a normal 23" screen (230€) Wich was quite cheap this time. It can interpret up to 2 points most time. It also has some little speakers so you have a fully working Multimedia PC / GIANT-Tablet
          Just plug in the UG and connect USB and you are ready.

[Sry for missposting this - i already wondered where I posted it - cause it was meant to be in the ROM thread ]

Comment

So how does the ug802 get the touch screen input? Certianly not through HDMI interface. So when you say hook up the USB that is how it is working? e.g. a usb cable from the touch monitor to the ug802?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              So how does the ug802 get the touch screen input? Certianly not through HDMI interface. So when you say hook up the USB that is how it is working? e.g. a usb cable from the touch monitor to the ug802?

Bob
              Aye - I left out the power-connections in my explanation - T230H has an usb interface for the touch input and for display the common interfaces HDMI/DVI/VGA
              So you just need to plug in the UG in to the monitor + plug the monitor USB -> UG USB and give both power.
              The pid/vid for the device I got by installing a terminal app & busybox so I could look up them by "lsusb" from terminal.

Comment

I would love to try this, but have no idea of how & where to insert the information from the instructions. I am a total noob looking to learn. I have the same Acer monitor as Badbone & a MK808 with 1.5 Finless Bob rom. Which in turn leads to a big thanks to Bob for his wonderful work for all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by kmoldr View Post
                  Vendor_0408_Product_3000.txt
                  6. by comparing the two outputs of "lsusb" you should see wich new device was plugged-in
                  7. The last two numbers seperated by the ":" are the PID and VID of the touch interface wich you will need - for me they are 0408 and 3000
                  8. download the attached file and rename it: replace the with the numbers you found by the method above & rename the file-ending to *.idc
                  9. copy the file to you device (e.g. by using an sd card, dropbox, wireless adb,...)
                  10. open terminal emulator again and write down "su" -> wait for the root confirmation window and accept it
                  11. write down "cp /sdcard/Vendor_0408_Product_3000.idc /system/idc/Vendor_0408_Product_3000.idc" (replace the path "/sdcard" with the path you copied the file to)
                  12. reboot the device
                  13. have fun

regards
                  BadBone

Comment

Originally posted by BadBone View Post
                    [ATTACH]939[/ATTACH]
                    12. reboot the device
                    13. have fun

regards
                    BadBone

Thanks so much for the detailed instructions BadBone, I will be trying this later this evening...can't wait.

All the best from Canada,
                    Kevin M

Comment

I am trying to do the same thing on my dell ST2220T touchscreen monitor. I've followed all the steps you've mentioned but the touchscreen doesn't seem to be working.

My ug802 has Finless 1.4a version on it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
                      Moorthy

Comment

Even with BadBones excellent instructions, no love for me either yet. I get to step 11, and after entering the cp command in terminal I get a "cannot stat..." I am trying to copy the idc file from a micro sd card (which is now formatted correctly, not so the first go arounds) and my next attempt will be via Dropbox when I get time.

I have the same monitor with the same product & vendor identifiers as BadBone, so it should be pretty easy me, but I am still doing something incorrectly. I will post if I can make it happen & what I was doing wrong.

Kevin M

Comment

The error cp stat usually means the path/filename is not interpreted correctly - it could be you need the full path starting with / or the filename has non-standard characters in it in which case you could put the filename in quotes.

Remember to use tab to autocomplete filenames as it does all the adding quotes or literal chars for you.

Did you get it working by the way? I am hoping to pick up one of these monitors on **** and hook it up to my MK802IIIs that just arrived. I've had a Viewsonic VSD220 23" android thingy for a few weeks. Some things are really good - but some problems like most apps on play won't install, no - root and pretty slow overall.

Comment

Originally posted by morth123 View Post
                            I am trying to do the same thing on my dell ST2220T touchscreen monitor. I've followed all the steps you've mentioned but the touchscreen doesn't seem to be working.

My ug802 has Finless 1.4a version on it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
                            Moorthy
                            Hi,
                            sry somehow i didnt get a message about the responses till today.
                            - Wich PID / VID do you have?
                            - Did you change that in the idc-filename?
                            - If it doesnt work - try adding a space in the txt files before and after the = marks - i had to do it once.
                            just edit the idc file under linux or under windows with a propper editor (e.g. notepad++) DONT USE the windows editor as it will destroy the unix formating.
                            - When saving make sure UNIX format is still active (in notepad++ is written at the bottom right)

regardig the cp-message - you should post the full error here

hf guys

Comment

Great post- quick question

Originally posted by BadBone View Post
                              Hi,
                              sry somehow i didnt get a message about the responses till today.
                              - Wich PID / VID do you have?
                              - Did you change that in the idc-filename?
                              - If it doesnt work - try adding a space in the txt files before and after the = marks - i had to do it once.
                              just edit the idc file under linux or under windows with a propper editor (e.g. notepad++) DONT USE the windows editor as it will destroy the unix formating.
                              - When saving make sure UNIX format is still active (in notepad++ is written at the bottom right)

regardig the cp-message - you should post the full error here

hf guys
                              Thanks for a very detailed and useful post. Although I am novice with programming, I wish to get my dell st2220t functioning as 23inch tablet as well.
                              My question is about the latest version of mk802 (IIIS)- Do you think the same code will work for the latest build (?ICS4.1) which is available on mk802 IIIS currently?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                              X