Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer T232Hl

Originally posted by knoxbrder View Post
    You are right. It is a new 10 point system. I wonder where I can get the source code and tweak the driver?
    Have you found anyway to make that screen work?
    I am at the same point as you, I got the 5 fingers touch working, but not one finger at a time.
    I read all this tread and I am a newbie in android. if you have a solution, can you share

Thank you.

Comment

CX-919 and a new 10.1" Lilliput Capacitive touchscreen with HDMI for video and USB touch interface

Sooooo.... ive tried pretty much everything i can find online about getting a usb touchscreen to work on android and have still come up short.

so far i have re-flashed from 4.1.1 to Finles Bob's 4.2.2, made sure everything is properly rooted and i have followed all the steps above. but still no dice.

one thing i just realized is that most people already have like a pointer that they can drag around.... i had no response from the screen whatsoever and still have no response.

if anyone has any ideas or has successfully set up a newer lilliput screen please chime in. im currently at a loss.

also, the screen is 13pt multitouch capable, is that an issue?

thanks in advance,
      R.J.

Comment

Edited, found my answer.
        Last edited by Xizor77; 10-26-2013, 05:25.

Comment

Hi All,

I'm planning to jump into this project as well. I have a Diaotec J22 running Android 4.2. Are there any compatibility guidelines for hooking up a touchscreen monitor? I found several that are Win8 touchscreen compatible at about half the price as the Acer 231HL. Are the drivers built-in, or is this a "hack"? Also, does sound come through the HDMI on the monitor?

Thanks,

Drdx.

Comment

The Acer T231HL is obsolete hence the price may be high and very hard to get hold of. Yes the the audio does come through the HDMI - but I don't use it (turned down) as the speakers in the monitor are useless - worse than my smartphone! And I like reasonable quality audio.

The 'driver' is built into the Android kernel - but you need the idc file (as discussed in this thread) to tell the OS to use it as a touchscreen.

Now the big question is whether the kernel has support for the touch monitor you are trying to use. As you can see above in the thread it looks like support for the later >2 point touch seems to be poor or not working. The support is based on the touchscreen which is often from a different manufacturer to the one on the monitor, i.e the Acer T231 uses a Quanta touchscreen. As you can see from here: http://lii-enac.fr/en/architecture/l...h-devices.html it lists support for various touchscreens and which linux kernel they are supported in. However unfortunately it hasn't been updated since 2011.

There seems to be limited support/development of this area and I guess it could be a few releases of Linux/Android/kernels before the 10 point touch monitors are supported.

I also have no knowledge personally of adding support to kernels etc. In theory if the touchscreen has Linus support it should be possible to add it to the kernel (not sure if it would need recompiling?

Sorry I'm not much help - I guess your best bet is to see if you can try it on the monitor you want to use before buying - you'll need to look at lsusb and make an idc to check. Best of luck!

Comment

Same Acer T232HLbmidz

Originally posted by maphaneuf View Post
              Have you found anyway to make that screen work?
              I am at the same point as you, I got the 5 fingers touch working, but not one finger at a time.
              I read all this tread and I am a newbie in android. if you have a solution, can you share

Thank you.
              Hi everybody, I'm using 2 Touchmonitors (older Medion Akoya X54000 MD 20165 & newer Acer T232HLbmidz), and 2 Android devices: The MK908 V3 and my Galaxy Note 3 in the Samsung Multimedia Docking Station. The Medion is a dual touchpoint monitor and works perfectly with the Note 3 (beside the fact that the monitor itself isn't that brilliant). The MK908 shows with this monitor without editing an .idc-file just a mouse cursor (relativ cursor position, no absolute).
              The newer 10-Point Acer does NOT work with the Note 3, and this is a pity. I get the PID and VID (the same on both android devices which is good), but even after adding a corresponding .idc-file the Note 3 doesn't support at all any touch function of the Acer.

The MK908 supports the Acer monitor after adding the correct .idc-file and permissions, and reacts in exactly the same manner as described in the quoted post above and a similar post further above. I must use 5 fingers and can then move the cursor around by moving one of this 5 fingers.

Any ideas how to get the newer 10-point-monitor to work? I bought it to get a big touchscreen for the Note 3, which is much faster than the MK908.

Any help is really appreciated!
              Both systems are rooted, and run both on 4.2.

Cheers, Steff

Comment

Hello everybody,

I have a Touchmonitor Acer T232hl and a cubieboard (this is a single-board computer. It can run Android, Ubuntu desktop and few other operating systems)
                I want build a 23” Tablet only for surfing in internet for my parents.
                I try to use the instructions from post#1 in Android and post #25 in Ubuntu.

I used the attached file and renamed it the right way. Than I copyed it to a micro-sd. Now I must copy the file in system/usr/idc. BUT I have not the the file idc.
                How versions of android and ubuntu the guys of post #1 (BadBone) and post #25 (DiSrUpTeR) are using?

Thanks a lot

Comment

Do you mean you don't have the directory /system/usr/idc ?

You can also put it in these directories:
                  • /system/usr/idc/Vendor_XXXX_Product_XXXX_Version_XXXX.idc
                  • /system/usr/idc/Vendor_XXXX_Product_XXXX.idc
                  • /system/usr/idc/DEVICE_NAME.idc
                  • /data/system/devices/idc/Vendor_XXXX_Product_XXXX_Version_XXXX.idc
                  • /data/system/devices/idc/Vendor_XXXX_Product_XXXX.idc
                  • /data/system/devices/idc/DEVICE_NAME.idc

If none of them exist I guess you could create it and the OS should look for it.

I would be interested if youo get it working - I've not heard of anyone having luck with the T232HL, only the T230 and T231.

Comment

Re: Touchscreen

Originally posted by Sybex View Post
                    Hello everybody,

I have a Touchmonitor Acer T232hl and a cubieboard (this is a single-board computer. It can run Android, Ubuntu desktop and few other operating systems)
                    I want build a 23” Tablet only for surfing in internet for my parents.
                    I try to use the instructions from post#1 in Android and post #25 in Ubuntu.

I used the attached file and renamed it the right way. Than I copyed it to a micro-sd. Now I must copy the file in system/usr/idc. BUT I have not the the file idc.
                    How versions of android and ubuntu the guys of post #1 (BadBone) and post #25 (DiSrUpTeR) are using?

Thanks a lot
                    The post 25# is about setting the rights of the files correct in Android. Using a terminal. Ubuntu was used to create the IDC file with say "Unix" format.

the Acer of Badbone and my iiyama screen is supported in the kernel of android. If your isn't try (or let someone) to compile a kernel with the drivers of your screen.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by adrenalize View Post
                      Do you mean you don't have the directory /system/usr/idc ?

You can also put it in these directories:
                      • /system/usr/idc/Vendor_XXXX_Product_XXXX_Version_XXXX.idc
                      • /system/usr/idc/Vendor_XXXX_Product_XXXX.idc
                      • /system/usr/idc/DEVICE_NAME.idc
                      • /data/system/devices/idc/Vendor_XXXX_Product_XXXX_Version_XXXX.idc
                      • /data/system/devices/idc/Vendor_XXXX_Product_XXXX.idc
                      • /data/system/devices/idc/DEVICE_NAME.idc

If none of them exist I guess you could create it and the OS should look for it.

I would be interested if youo get it working - I've not heard of anyone having luck with the T232HL, only the T230 and T231.
                      Ah yes, "directory" is the correct word
                      I try it...

Comment

Well actually you are probably correct with file in the linux world!!

Just the crazy world of the English language!

Comment

Dell S2240T Touch monitor

I recently bought the dell S2240T touch monitor hoping to make it a large touch tablet with mini android P. Searching found this thread that seems to have the best information.

I see some discussion on this monitor in this thread. Did anyone have success with enabling the touch? If yes, what android mini pc model was it?
                          Last edited by Guest; 01-14-2014, 08:59.

Comment

My Acer T231HL works fine with a Rikomagic 802iiis, Minix X5 and my current Minix X7.
                            All with root necessary to install the .idc file.

Comment

Re: Touchscreen

Originally posted by adrenalize View Post
                              My Acer T231HL works fine with a Rikomagic 802iiis, Minix X5 and my current Minix X7.
                              All with root necessary to install the .idc file.
                              Yes

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

Comment

Acer T232hl

Did anyone get the Acer T232hl so far to work somehow? I don't mean that the cursor can only be moved with 5 fingers.... it should work like any mulitouch screen on a mobile phone. I can't achieve any progress :-(

Comment

Working...
                                X