Touchscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there,

i bought the HannsG HT231HPB. I connected it to my MK808B and used the commands for the terminal provided by this thread.
    That showed me the Vendor_0457 and Product_1057. So i created the file Vendor_0457_Product_1057.idc in the specified folder.
    After a reboot nothin changed. Nothing happened when i touched the display.

After some wild touching i realized, that i get a cursor when i use all 10 fingers at the same time. But only a cursor i can drag around by this way.

All this i did with the stock image of the mk808b, because the Finless Roms are currently offline.

So i tried something different. I hooked the Display to my Ubuntu 13.10 PC. There it works flawless without installing somethin. It seems the Ubuntu Kernel allready has the right driver.

When i type "dmesg | grep touch" in Ubuntu i get the info that "hid-multitouch" is used and the Device seems to be a "USBest Technology SiS HID Touch Controller".

Is there some way to use the driver from the ubuntu kernel and integrate it in a custom kernel for the device? I allready found the thread "
    Beginners' guide of "How to build a kernel"" but don't get it how i would extract the driver out of the ubuntu kernel and if it would be compatible to android, or the ARM architecture.

Would be great if someone could help me with that!

Comment

Hannspree HT231

Originally posted by Borbosch View Post
      Hi there,

i bought the HannsG HT231HPB. I connected it to my MK808B and used the commands for the terminal provided by this thread.
      That showed me the Vendor_0457 and Product_1057. So i created the file in the specified folder.
      After a reboot nothin changed. Nothing happened when i touched the display.

After some wild touching i realized, that i get a cursor when i use all 10 fingers at the same time. But only a cursor i can drag around by this way.

All this i did with the stock image of the mk808b, because the Finless Roms are currently offline.

So i tried something different. I hooked the Display to my Ubuntu 13.10 PC. There it works flawless without installing somethin. It seems the Ubuntu Kernel allready has the right driver.

When i type "dmesg | grep touch" in Ubuntu i get the info that "hid-multitouch" is used and the Device seems to be a "USBest Technology SiS HID Touch Controller".

Is there some way to use the driver from the ubuntu kernel and integrate it in a custom kernel for the device? I allready found the thread "
      Beginners' guide of "How to build a kernel"" but don't get it how i would extract the driver out of the ubuntu kernel and if it would be compatible to android, or the ARM architecture.

Would be great if someone could help me with that!
      I have the Hannspree HT231 which is a 10 point touch. By changing the Vendor to 0457 and Product to 1057 I was able to get it working. You have to place all 10 fingers and move 5 fingers for a swipe. Also hoping for a better solution. Just wanted to post my results.

Comment

Originally posted by Touch View Post
        I have the Hannspree HT231 which is a 10 point touch. By changing the Vendor to 0457 and Product to 1057 I was able to get it working. You have to place all 10 fingers and move 5 fingers for a swipe. Also hoping for a better solution. Just wanted to post my results.
        What rom and Kernel are you using? The Finless 2.1 with the kernel provided by Finless? Until now i hoped, the Finless Kernel has the driver for my Touchscreen.

I did some research and it seems that in the new Linux Kernel (since 3.12) there is support for "Generic Win 8 certified MT devices":
        GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

/* Generic Win 8 certified MT device */
        { .driver_data = MT_CLS_WIN_8,
        HID_DEVICE(HID_BUS_ANY, HID_GROUP_MULTITOUCH_WIN_8,
        HID_ANY_ID, HID_ANY_ID) },
        { }
        I think this change is the reason why my touchscreen works with Ubuntu.

In the Kernel Source for the MK808B this is missing:

Has anyone an idea, how to get this into a kernel working with the MK808B? Can i just replace the hid-multitouch.c with the one from the ubuntu kernel source and compile the Kernel?
        Last edited by Borbosch; 02-01-2014, 22:09.

Comment

[QUOTE=Borbosch;141148]What rom and Kernel are you using? The Finless 2.1 with the kernel provided by Finless? Until now i hoped, the Finless Kernel has the driver for my Touchscreen.

I am using the stock rom for a CX-919

Android Version: 4.2.2

Kernel version: 3.0.36+

Comment

Originally posted by Borbosch View Post
            What rom and Kernel are you using? The Finless 2.1 with the kernel provided by Finless? Until now i hoped, the Finless Kernel has the driver for my Touchscreen.

I did some research and it seems that in the new Linux Kernel (since 3.12) there is support for "Generic Win 8 certified MT devices":
            GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

I think this change is the reason why my touchscreen works with Ubuntu.

In the Kernel Source for the MK808B this is missing:

Has anyone an idea, how to get this into a kernel working with the MK808B? Can i just replace the hid-multitouch.c with the one from the ubuntu kernel source and compile the Kernel?
            @Borbosch,

I also bought an HT231H hoping to use it with my android stick and I have tried it with my MK908II using both Finless 1.5a and Finless 2.0 Kitkat ROM but only got the same response as you guys.

Maybe we can get some help from Finless to compile this touch driver into one of his kernel so we could flash this to our existing ROM and see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by zerologicxxx View Post
              @Borbosch,

I also bought an HT231H hoping to use it with my android stick and I have tried it with my MK908II using both Finless 1.5a and Finless 2.0 Kitkat ROM but only got the same response as you guys.

Maybe we can get some help from Finless to compile this touch driver into one of his kernel so we could flash this to our existing ROM and see how it goes.
              i think that the touchsreen fonction in the rom are port to mouse pointer to support tv stck flymouse and other remotes control. you might give a try to a different rom for tablet with same spec has your stick i think. or post in developement area specially sub forum under ROM HACKS and Mods developement to request a developer to do this mod for us... i'v aleady think to do this hack with my mk808b and a 4''inch touchscreen from my lgc800

hope it help

Comment

Originally posted by DiSrUpTeR View Post
                GOT IT!!!!!

used the attached file and renamed it the right way with ubuntu.
                copyed it to a micro-sd, copy and pasted the file in system/usr/idc with es file explorer (with mount /system on).
                hooked up a mouse and keyboard started a terminal.
                and typed:

su
                chown 0,0 /system/usr/idc/Vendor_0408_Product_3001.idc
                chmod 06755 /system/usr/idc/Vendor_0408_Product_3001.idc
                reboot

that did the trick,works great now.
                Thank you all for the help.
                how thit you get it true ES ,iger error and won't work
                must i change the security of the file, and so how

Comment

hi guys,

i followed the tutorial but i have a problem :
                  i type su in terminal
                  and write
                  "cp /sdcard/download/Vendor_xxxx_Product_xxxx.idc /system/usr/idc/Vendor_xxxx_Product_xxxx.idc "

i get message "read only file system" and it seem the copy doenst work

any idea?
                  thanks

Comment

The system partition is mounted as read only normally. You need to remount the system partition r/w.

Comment

How

How thit you get your vendor, when i put in lsubs i get 093a en 8002
                      i have the same monitor.
                      sorry for my english.

Mag ik je wat vragen, hoe krijg jij de vendor te zien en product. zelf krijg ik
                      Bus 002 Device 005: ID 093a:8002

en niet zoals jij 0408 en 3001

wat doe ik verkeerd, zou toch leuk wezen als het werkt

Comment

Sharp problem

Hi,I have Sharp ll-s201a and neo x7 mini
                        I can scroll but I can't click. See only one finger. Idon't know why.

I created a file Vendor_04dd_Product_969b.idc
                        I copied usbtouchscreen.ko(android x86) and pasted system/lib/modules

Sory for my English.

lsusb:
                        Bus001 Device 009: ID 04dd : 969b

Kernel
                        3.0.36+
                        TueFeb 11 16:11:09 CST 2014

Vendorsoftware version
                        2014-02-08.4.2.010a

Help me, please

Comment

PLease can enybody help me
                          got a T2451MTS touscreen

Vendor 093a
                          Product 8002

renamed the file with Notepad++
                          put it in system/usr/idc
                          reboot but nothing happens

Comment

Hello everybody
                            I hope someone can help. Looking for a kernel, which includes touch screen is packed. I read the forums and I've done everything but does not work. I can not put it into the kernel. I found a description: http://www.speedyshare.com/KPmzW/EET...uide-v2.5c.pdf
                            I have android mini pc (RK3188 mk809III)
                            It would also be good if someone could provide a kernel that has been doing.
                            PLease help me.

Comment

Universal Touch Screen Controller for android

I have been waiting for years to be able to connect external 4-wire touch panels to android. Finally Car Solutions have created universal touch screen controller which works with any android device. Check this out:

I chatted with the sales and they confirmed it will work. I just ordered mine. I can finally control my android stick (Tronsmart T428) on my car by using touch panel!

Comment

I give up.

I have followed the procedures of badbone and others. It took a few hours to get it right but it still doesnt work right. I am using a different ACER ten point touchscreen. the code i get from lsusb is 222a:0037 . So those are the numbers i used to rename the file. That is the only difference.

Different behavior but still just as bizarre.
                                Before it would bring up a cursor (circle ) when touching with all ten fingers. But you couldnt move it or select anything.

Now it will bring up a cursor circle when I touch anywhere . Then the circle will disappear then it all goes to sleep. I can get it back with a standard USB mouse.

This is not fun any more. I think I need to put it away for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X