Touchscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I you still want to give it a try, check the following thread:

There is still an option to get your screen working if the generic 'multitouch' driver provided with your kernel supports it (e.g. Linux 3.0.36+). In some cases, screens with 10-touch capabilities can work when this driver gets properly registered to the kernel, indicating your VendorID - ProductID.

Good luck!
    Arro.

Comment

Any updated on getting Acer T232HL to work?

Originally posted by steff_1964 View Post
      Did anyone get the Acer T232hl so far to work somehow? I don't mean that the cursor can only be moved with 5 fingers.... it should work like any mulitouch screen on a mobile phone. I can't achieve any progress :-(

I can't get past the part about using 5 fingers to register.

Running 4.2.2

Thanks for any/all help.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeFromDallas View Post
        I can't get past the part about using 5 fingers to register.

Running 4.2.2

Thanks for any/all help.
        Any luck with this acer t232hl touchscreen anyone?
        The screen is great and with the latest pricing change, affordable.
        However an android setup does not exist yet?

Comment

Same Problem

I have the same problem, as others noted:
          I can only drag the cursor relative, with 5 fingers, no "single finger" or direct touches work.
          Any news on this?

Comment

Audio with HANNSPREE HT231DPBU?

For those of you with the HT231DPBU, does the audio over the built-in speaker works over USB when connected to MK808B?

Comment

audio works over hdmi not usb.

Did anyone found a working ROM with HID Multitouch support working on the HT231HPB ?

Hannspree itself offers a RK3188 box SNNPB71B claiming it will work with their touchscreen

Comment

I must be missing something here, the HT231DPBU I know does not have HDMI input.

Buy Hanns-G HT231DPBU Black 23" Touchscreen Monitor Multi-Touch (10 points) 250 cd/m2 80000000:1 Built-in Speakers with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

If the DVI port supports audio when connected via HDMI, I would buy it without hesitation.

And AFAIK, the MK808B does not have analog audio output.

Comment

Interesting. The HT231DPBU has no HDMI but the HT231HPB does. Which is the cheapest 20+" touchscreen monitor I come across. Hence I am interested in making my own 23" tablet.
                  Last edited by mongkok; 08-14-2014, 22:57.

Comment

Hanspree Touch-Series HT231...driver/kernel for android 4.x

hi,
                    i have an hanspree 23" ht231 touchmonitor, which is supported under my T-R42 box with kernel 3.0.36+ under wasser's image. BUT only if i lay all 10 finger on the screen. It is unusable.

Something strange with support for 10 point multitouch-screens under android. i read here some threads, but no solution.

BUT it must be working: Hansspree has an android-box with this monitor (see here).
                    and a guy reported this working under odroid here: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.ph...+UART&start=80

he mentioned changes to some kernel-source files and without these changes reported here:

so anybody who build kernels for android-boxes here around, who can help getting from 2 point multitouches to working 10 point multitouches under android ...?

greetz,
                    o.

Comment

Trying to connect a Samsung TV with multi touch overlay to CX919

Hi:

I have been reading quite a lot about how to connect an external screen that is touch able through a USB connection and still not able to reach the proper behaviour.

I have a 40" Samsung TV with a CY-TM40 overlay that connects with USB. It works fine on windows 7 and the VID:PID reported by the driver is 2576:0003. When connected to my CX919 (Finless rom 2.0 4.4.2, kernel 3.0.36+) lsusb in terminal reports the same numbers. So far so good.

Without anything special (out of the box) when the device is connected to my CX919 and touch the screen then it makes a click yet not at the proper position. It displays a circle at the last mouse position and then clicks the object if any at this position.

Moving the finger on the screen does not seem to do anything (except a long press). I tried the 2,5 and 10 fingers trick but with no obvious difference.

I then took the idc file at the beginning of this thread put it under /system/usr/idc/Vendor_2576_Product_0003.idc, set the owner and set the permission to 6755. The good news is that the behaviour changes and the bad news is that it does not work.

Again with this idc file I am not able to change the position of the touch point yet unlike without the idc file I cannot "click". When I touch the screen a light circle shows on the display at the last position of the mouse and then disappear. No action is taken. If I touch again nothing seems to work until I move the mouse.

Fact is that vendor is reported as being AFO and is not listed as supported (neither as not supported) under http://lii-enac.fr/en/architecture/l...h-devices.html by Linux or Android

Does anybody have an idea what I could do next?

Does the fact that idc affects the behaviour of the system is a proof that the driver is the proper one and therefore this is "only" an idc file issue?

Would appreciate any hints?

Thanks

Comment

update on the HT231HPB:

I got my Tronsmart Vega S89-H a few days ago and I flashed Finless Rom 2.0 (Kernel 3.10)

Multitouch works out of the box and also single touch works.
                        I did not need to create an idc file, just plug and play (Probably due to the 3.10 kernel and Bobs magic
                        ).

Will test this further.

Comment

Wow! This is a BIG DEAL!

If only there is a Finless ROM for my 8723bs

Also, Newegg.com has it for $149.99 right now and you get 10% off using Visa Checkout!

Comment

I made a short video.

sorry for the bad quality
                            Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Comment

Please excuse me for a simple question. I am new to this forum, and to android sticks in general. I have been flashing roms and modding my many phones for years, but not sure how compatibility between devices and roms work with these units. will the rom you flashed to get the touchscreen to work, be able to be flashed to a rikomagic mk802 iv? if so, where did you get that specific rom?

Originally posted by d1dd1 View Post
                              update on the HT231HPB:

I got my Tronsmart Vega S89-H a few days ago and I flashed Finless Rom 2.0 (Kernel 3.10)

Multitouch works out of the box and also single touch works.
                              I did not need to create an idc file, just plug and play (Probably due to the 3.10 kernel and Bobs magic
                              ).

Will test this further.

Comment

Originally posted by d1dd1 View Post
                                I made a short video.

sorry for the bad quality
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cmRRVn7cKQ
                                Looks pretty good to me. Are you able to play games that previously cannot be played with mouse?

Comment

Working...
                                X