Touchscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeburton28 View Post
    Please excuse me for a simple question. I am new to this forum, and to android sticks in general. I have been flashing roms and modding my many phones for years, but not sure how compatibility between devices and roms work with these units. will the rom you flashed to get the touchscreen to work, be able to be flashed to a rikomagic mk802 iv? if so, where did you get that specific rom?
    In general you need a ROM with kernel 3.10 or higher with usb mulitouch HID enabled.
    I will check which driver is loaded and report back.

Devices I know with kernel 3.10 are S802 boxes and iMX6 devices.
    But Hanspree itself offers a RK3188 box SNNPB71B with touch support. So it could be possible.

@
    mongkok

I had no issues so far. Do you have an example I could test ?

I'm back on Sunday, then I can test.

Comment

Hello! New to this forum, been playing around with some hardware but no luck so far. I wanted to check and see if anyone has had any luck getting the Lenovo LI2341t to work with anything (CX-919 in particular would be great!)?

I've tried all the most recent ROMs and an old MK808B, with the IDC file trick, but nothing seems to want to work.

Comment

Originally posted by d1dd1 View Post
        In general you need a ROM with kernel 3.10 or higher with usb mulitouch HID enabled.
        I will check which driver is loaded and report back.

Devices I know with kernel 3.10 are S802 boxes and iMX6 devices.
        But Hanspree itself offers a RK3188 box SNNPB71B with touch support. So it could be possible.

@
        mongkok

I had no issues so far. Do you have an example I could test ?

I'm back on Sunday, then I can test.
        Can you try "Star Wars: Commander"? (I cannot click on Skip or Continue). I know Monopoly and Jelly Defense also does not work but they are paid apps.

It seems like what we need is the proper driver for the universal multi-touch display. And it happens that 3.10.x kernel has it built in. Where as my 3.0.36+ does not.

Comment

Folks, I am able to make some significant progress over the last couple of days!

I am using MK809III with rtl8723bs Wi-Fi.

I have downloaded d33's KK kernel source. Managed to build an kernel.img myself and replaced my stock kernel.

And then, I followed direction from Arro:

and patched the kernel and rebuild. There are a lot of trials and errors. But I am able to finally build a kernel that recognize my HT231 (picked 3M inside mt_devices[]). Single touch, 10 finger touch, pinch to zoom all worked!

Now what is remaining is screen aspect ratio. I don't think it is related to touchscreen, I see the behavior even with stock firmware. Some games do not like my 16:9 screen. I really want to get Monopoly working but for some reasons part of the game will change into 9:9 with right 40% of screen not responding to touch.

Comment

Question about UTC

Originally posted by suunnittelija View Post
            I have been waiting for years to be able to connect external 4-wire touch panels to android. Finally Car Solutions have created universal touch screen controller which works with any android device. Check this out:

I chatted with the sales and they confirmed it will work. I just ordered mine. I can finally control my android stick (Tronsmart T428) on my car by using touch panel!

Hello suunnittelija:
            How has this been working for you?
            How was your setup?
            With this you did not have to had the .idc file installed on your android stick?

Regardd

Comment

Originally posted by radalv View Post
              Hello suunnittelija:
              How has this been working for you?
              How was your setup?
              With this you did not have to had the .idc file installed on your android stick?

Regardd
              It's working great! .idc file is not needed. Please check my video of using it on my car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx0tHSIlGg4

Comment

It's working great! .idc file is not needed. Please check my video of using it on my car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx0tHSIlGg4
                thanks for your fast reply.
                i am glad that it is working. Might have to go that way.

do you have pics of your touchscreen digitizer and controller before you mounted them in your car?. I ask, because the connector I see in the Universal touchscreen controller does not look like the connection that is with the cable that has the controller of my touchscreen.

Comment

Vs: Touchscreen

thanks for your fast reply.
                  i am glad that it is working. Might have to go that way.

do you have pics of your touchscreen digitizer and controller before you mounted them in your car?. I ask, because the connector I see in the Universal touchscreen controller does not look like the connection that is with the cable that has the controller of my touchscreen.
                  This is the cable from UTC to digitizer. Digitizer goes to the left connector: http://car-solutions.com/nfs/product...ller-UTC-3.jpg

Digitizer is this one: http://car-solutions.com/nfs/product...reen-Panel.jpg

Comment

This is the cable from UTC to digitizer. Digitizer goes to the left connector: http://car-solutions.com/nfs/product...ller-UTC-3.jpg

Digitizer is this one: http://car-solutions.com/nfs/product...reen-Panel.jpg
                    Thanks again.

Does that cable come with the UTC or is it a separate purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by d1dd1 View Post
                      update on the HT231HPB:

I got my Tronsmart Vega S89-H a few days ago and I flashed Finless Rom 2.0 (Kernel 3.10)

Multitouch works out of the box and also single touch works.
                      I did not need to create an idc file, just plug and play (Probably due to the 3.10 kernel and Bobs magic
                      ).

Will test this further.

Excuse me for asking, but is there a 3.1 kernel built for tv sticks? I can not seem to find one, I may not be looking in the correct place.

Comment

Vs: Touchscreen

Thanks again.

Does that cable come with the UTC or is it a separate purchase?
                        Yes it comes with that cable.

Comment

Originally posted by jeburton28 View Post
                          Excuse me for asking, but is there a 3.1 kernel built for tv sticks? I can not seem to find one, I may not be looking in the correct place.
                          I am not sure if you can flash non-TV stick ROM to TV sticks. But you don't really need 3.10 kernel. All the drivers are already present in the 3.0.56+ kernel. I have successfully compiled my kernel and get the touchscreen working.

You can visit my blog here: http://gianttablet.blogspot.com

Comment

Here is the patch for building USB touch enabled kernel. Credit goes to Arro (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...1#post155251):

HT231.zip

and I used the kernel source by d33 from https://github.com/Dee-UK/D33_KK_Kernel

There are 2 files. One is the .config for kernel. I believe it can be used for all touchscreen. The other is a patch, specific to H231. However, I think there must be a better way to make it work with generic multitouch panel without entering all the vendor/device IDs.

Comment

This is about the most promising thread in getting my large touch working.

I have a MK808B and a Hannspree HT231DPBU. So far I have been able to find a snakerom with a combination of a finless kernel to get touch working only with 10 fingers and it is random.

Does anyone have any ability to create a custom kernel for me? I would be willing to pay if it works with BT also. I am about to say screw it an get the more expensive Tronsmart Vega. $60 is worth this headache these clone MK808's give.

Comment

Originally posted by mginster View Post
                                This is about the most promising thread in getting my large touch working.

I have a MK808B and a Hannspree HT231DPBU. So far I have been able to find a snakerom with a combination of a finless kernel to get touch working only with 10 fingers and it is random.

Does anyone have any ability to create a custom kernel for me? I would be willing to pay if it works with BT also. I am about to say screw it an get the more expensive Tronsmart Vega. $60 is worth this headache these clone MK808's give.
                                MK808B is not using rk3188 so I don't want to take a chance. If you have done all that, I think you should have the ability to follow the same foot steps as I did which I documented in my blog 3 posts above. I'm not sure if KitKat is a requirement.

However, you have a DPBU which has no HDMI. What is your plan with the audio?

Comment

Working...
                                X