Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for sharing

Comment

Newegg has the HT231 for $130 right now, plus you can use Visa Checkout to bring the price down to $117. This is a no-brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by mongkok View Post
        Newegg has the HT231 for $130 right now, plus you can use Visa Checkout to bring the price down to $117. This is a no-brainer.
        Haha, yep thats exactly what I did. $117 + $38 for a MK808B....just gotta get it working with touch....

Comment

I should mention this is the HT231HPBU which is the model with HDMI.

Comment

Aw man wtf...I just paid the same price for the DVI only one last week...

Comment

Originally posted by mginster View Post
              Aw man wtf...I just paid the same price for the DVI only one last week...
              I feel your pain!

If it makes you feel better, I paid $150 for mine. And I am in the process of RMA it back to replace a bad monitor with loose connection inside.

Comment

FYI -

As d1dd1 stated, the combination of a Tronsmart Vega S89-H and Hannspree HT231DPBU 23" Touchscreen works with touch right out of the box on stock firmware.

I flashed to Finless 2.0 for the Vega and it still works perfectly. Multitouch, single, pinch...plus everything else. Wifi, BT, Audio, Netflix, Youtube, Monopoly, etc.

~$237 for a higher end android quad core and 1080p 23" Touch isnt too shabby.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6029.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	435096

Comment

Good choice on the S89-H as it has separate audio output.

Just curious. Are you able to run Monopoly without issues? It took me a long time to side step the rotation problem.

Comment

Good choice on the S89-H as it has separate audio output.

Just curious. Are you able to run Monopoly without issues? It took me a long time to side step the rotation problem.
                    Well I may have broke down and also bought the HDMI one that went on the shellshocker deal....and another s89-h.

What do you want me to test? I had it in normal mode and touch worked everywhere. Are you trying to use the board game mode where it rotates on the screen?

Comment

Originally posted by pauleley View Post
                      Hi i have a lilliput 669GL 7" monitor

When i plug in the Monitor USB and run Terminal Emulator -> "lsusb" i get the last USB as
                      Bus 002 Device 006: ID 0eef:0001
                      So is the Vendor_0eef_Product_0001.idc

??????

Thanks
                      For any HELP

Hi Pauleley:
                      did you get to work out this?
                      my monitor says the same, but I have not been able to get the touchscreen working.

Comment

Does the Tronsmart Vega S89-H also work out of the box with the HT271 / HT271HPB (the 27" version of the monitor)?

Also, does anyone know if Touch-Base has driver support for the Hannspree monitors on Mac OS X? The Modbook Pro X is very dear, Dawkeys seems limited to Logic and EloTouch seems to require proprietary hardware.

EDIT: It seems that they do! ( http://touch-base.com/touch_device_list.asp ). The price for all drivers is £95 GBP / $171 USD / 133€ EUR ( http://touch-base.com/prices.asp ).

It'll be interesting later this year to see the various 4K Fuhu units with Android Lollipop built in (the 24" Big Tab and the 55" and 65" models with HDMI 2.0 input - all powered by Tegra X1, I believe) and the 4K Microsoft Surface Hub with Windows 10 built in (55" and 84" models). Still, it would be nice to see some standalone 4K touchscreen monitors aside from the Sharp PN-K322B.

Comment

Also:

Originally posted by d1dd1 View Post
                          In general you need a ROM with kernel 3.10 or higher with usb multitouch HID enabled...

It seems like what we need is the proper driver for the universal multi-touch display. And it happens that 3.10.x kernel has it built in.

Has anyone tried the HannsG / Hannspree or any other touch-screen monitor with a device with HDMI / SlimPort / MHL output that natively features a 3.10 kernel in the stock ROM? If so, that would determine whether or not Finless's modifications are responsible for the touch functionality.

Looking at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware/ and https://android.googlesource.com/ , it seems that, out of Nexus devices, these fit into this category:

Asus Nexus Player / fugu (Intel Anniedale / Moorefield Atom Z3560 x86 64-bit but with - at present - only a 32-bit ROM: https://android.googlesource.com/dev...BoardConfig.mk )

3.10.20-gf2aa02f

HTC Nexus 9 / flounder / volantis / volantisg (NVIDIA Tegra K1 ARMv8 64-bit)

Motorola Nexus 6 / shamu (Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 ARMv7 32-bit)

3.10.40-g945416c

I am particularly interested in Android TV devices. Aside from the Nexus Player, the Razer Forge TV will be being released soon, based on the same platform as the Nexus 6. A Huawei STB is also forthcoming with no further details. Tronsmart have shown that their Draco AW80 (based on the Allwinner A80 ARMv7 32-bit SoC) ( http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-it-s-possible / http://liliputing.com/2014/12/allwin...-it-chips.html ) can be updated to this, although we don't know the kernel version. The MediaTek MT5595 ARMv7 32-bit SoC ( http://www.mediatek.com/en/news-even...n-with-google/ ) supports "4K HEVC/VP9 60 frames/sec decoder" and "ATSC/DTMB/DVB/ISDB Broadcasting", "Ginga/MHEG/MHP Middleware" and "Broadband Service (HbbTV)". It is powering the new Sony integrated televisions running Android TV, but the press release seems to indicate that it will also power standalone STBs from March 2015 onwards.

Comment

HT231 and Shuttle DSA2LS

Originally posted by d1dd1 View Post
                            update on the HT231HPB:

I got my Tronsmart Vega S89-H a few days ago and I flashed Finless Rom 2.0 (Kernel 3.10)

Multitouch works out of the box and also single touch works.
                            I did not need to create an idc file, just plug and play (Probably due to the 3.10 kernel and Bobs magic
                            ).

Will test this further.

Hi there .. i am new here .. and from Germany ... i hope my English is good enough.

two weeks ago i bought a Hanns-G HT231 and a shuttle DAS2LS. Screen and Android-Box working well.. but no Touch-function. i read this thread and found, that multi-touch only works with Linux-Kernel >3.0.35 .. i tried to update my Kernel.. but it doesn't work.

The Shuttle DSA2LS has an i.mx6dl processor inside. I tried to update with several images via MFGTOOL2 (some downloaded from freescale). i did the updates and mfgtool2 told me everything is okay.
                            but when booting the device the screen stays black.

replacing the boot, recovery an system.img in the android-path with the originals from shuttle .. it works.

are these .img-files different from those offered by freescale?

has anyone any idea to update the device?

Comment

I have the Acer DA220HQL. It is their 2 point optical touch with built in android(everything works on the built in just fine). I have everything working but the swipe up and down in some screens. Google Music's Library screen wont go up and down and more importantly and easiest to test is the android settings screen, the left panel will not go up and down but the right panel goes up and down just fine. I am using Finless 1.7 on my mk808.

Can you guys test if your 2 point optical touches work fine on the settings screen's left panel swipe up and down and report the results to me? List what rom version as well if you could. This would help me out a ton in trying to figure out why my stick is behaving in such a way.

Also note that it behaves the same way on my Cyanogenmod Ouya. But again it works perfectly on the built-in android. It seems its a standard optical touch panel too.

EDIT: I also wanted to ask if when you enter the settings screen does the first item in the list on the left get a transparent blue on it, like it is semi selected? I would like to turn that auto select off...
                              Last edited by xsirxx; 02-12-2015, 17:07.

Comment

To follow up my last post, I went ahead and for the hell of it plugged in my RK3288 Beelink R89 and surprising it worked! Nothing needed changed at all. It runs Finless 1.2 and it just worked... Wonder what the difference it?
                                Last edited by xsirxx; 02-13-2015, 05:52.

Comment

Working...
                                X