Which is the best Android MINIPC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is the best Android MINIPC?

Which is the best Android MINIPC? The following are the good ones I shortlisted. Not sure if there are better ones out there.Minix Nero X5, Minix Nero G4 or iMito MX1?

Based on my research i decided the imito mx1 and mk802 III were the best options. The Nero G4 also interests me but I don't see a lot of support for it yet.

Comment

A few interesting sticks out there. After a lot of reading, plumped for a uHost2 by Smallart and a Measy RC11 controller. The uHost2 has a power button and can be turned off/standby via remote. Good spec, good write up on :-

Just need to make sure it has the latest s'ware and WiFi set up optimally for consistent performance. Seems like a lot of these things have some problem with WiFi performance varying.

Bit of a stock shortage of the uHost2 at the moment. Quoting dispatch on 30th November from several suppliers, keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

After messing with them for a few days i have to say i'm alittle disappointed. I mean these might be better to use as a mobile desktop once linux comes out but using them as a smart tv add-on leaves something to be desired. If you are streaming videos off a NAS and have a stable internet connection (ethernet to usb) then it would be ok. But watching tv off netflix and other stream based services isn't the best. The main problem is the interface and using air mice. These just don't have a nice interface where you could use a normal remote. Perhaps down the road one will be developed. As far as gaming i mean its ok, nothing your phone or tablet isn't capable of already. There's just too many quirks for these to really have much of an impact right now. Eventually they will get there and its exciting to see android running on your tv set, but the fun factor wears off quickly and then you are left with just another gadget collecting dust and getting little use. I have xbmc on my apple tv and overall the apple tv or roku are just much better experiences right now. I guess i was a little nieve to think these could compete with set top boxes and thats the main reason for my disappointment. But have fun and be sure you don't rely on these for your main source of entertainment.

Comment

I know what you are saying jwm2. I'm about to get one of these and after reading various forums I'm not expecting fantastic bug free performance.
          At the moment these are more of a geeks toy than a serious smart TV replacement. Fortunately they are cheap enough to have a play around with without breaking the bank. I'll be happy if I can watch videos off my home network and maybe play a few simple games.

Thanks to the talents of people like Bob they can only get better and better.

Comment

Working...
          X