Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Control mini PC from your android phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control mini PC from your android phone?

Hi guys,

Is there any way to use your Android phone as a remote control for these mini Android PC's?

I see there is a app called DroidMote which looks like it will do the job, but I think I'm right in thinking you need to startup the server s/w first in order for it to work. That means you still need a normal mouse/keyboard to do that, don't you? That kind of defeats the object in my eyes.

Any comments, please?

Cheers

Originally posted by Xizor View Post
    Hi guys,

Is there any way to use your Android phone as a remote control for these mini Android PC's?

I see there is a app called DroidMote which looks like it will do the job, but I think I'm right in thinking you need to startup the server s/w first in order for it to work. That means you still need a normal mouse/keyboard to do that, don't you? That kind of defeats the object in my eyes.

Any comments, please?

Cheers
    For me it works in the following way:
    1. Start Droidmote server and activate it.
    2. Choose option 'Startup on boot' 'Autohide on boot' and 'Notify when client connects' in Settings
    3. Reboot Stick

From now on Droidmote- Server is starting and activated automatically after every boot. Wait for 1 or 2 minute and connect with a client without any mouse or keyboard help.

Comment

OK, thanks wlq100, I didn't know it had that option.

Are there any other similar apps?

Cheers

Comment

Control mini PC from your android phone? official apk for MX1

Yes from http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...e-on-29th-nov/ there's also an apk available for such a feature:

Also another good news to geekbuying customers only! We have pushed the factory to release a new cell phone control app, like(droidmote), you can use to control the MX1 and MX2 with your android smartphone.(we have taken a video and will show that on our youtube channel later), Please notice, all of the orders which placed in our site, please email me your order number and send to [email protected]. we will send you the APK via email. it is a Free Gift to the MX1/MX2 customers in geekbuying. thanks for your support all the time!

I didn't try it yet

Comment

Originally posted by elflyer View Post
          Yes from http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...e-on-29th-nov/ there's also an apk available for such a feature:

Also another good news to geekbuying customers only! We have pushed the factory to release a new cell phone control app, like(droidmote), you can use to control the MX1 and MX2 with your android smartphone.(we have taken a video and will show that on our youtube channel later), Please notice, all of the orders which placed in our site, please email me your order number and send to [email protected]. we will send you the APK via email. it is a Free Gift to the MX1/MX2 customers in geekbuying. thanks for your support all the time!

I didn't try it yet
          So what about the mk808 ??????

Comment

Working...
          X