HEATSINKS OEM and Homemade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEATSINKS OEM and Homemade.

I'm finding it hard to discover which HDMI Stick PCs have proper heatsinks. It is well advertised on Geekbuying that the MK808 and MK808B have REAL Heatsinks instead of that cheap-out heatsink tape garbage.

I'm also seeing various mumblings which seem to indicate that users are modding their sticks with homemade heatsinks.

I would like to see information pertaining to heatsinks in this thread. Which sticks have 'em and/or what have you done to create your own.

Here goes my thread that I have been working on:

Scroll down a few images and you will see what I have done. The heatsink came off of a old on-board GPU chip on a intel motherboard. Was like twice as tall, but I cut the fins down. With a fan on it, I left a 1080p Video on for 5 hours and the thing never got more than 80degrees on the temp scale (had a portable temp reader touching the heatsink). The fan was probably blowing a good 1.5k rpm and will probably be that fast when I get it in the case and everything. All the hardware I am using, fan and all, is listed in the thread. Most of the parts came off of a old computer.

Comment

Working...
    X