Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need a general TV Player FAQ! - Contest for contributors :)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a complete novice it can be daunting... I would suggest watching some you tube videos.they can be a great help.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

Thats exactly what I am going to do. I will get it. I like the challenge and the learning curve.

Comment

So where is it?

Where is the FAQ? Where is the wiki?
        The FAQ on the forums just points to how to use the forums, nothing about tv players or sticks.

Comment

Re: We need a general TV Player FAQ! - Contest for contributors

Originally posted by reefmonger View Post
          Approximately how many times should I have to read this stuff before it sinks in? I went to wiki and read what a rom was and what it meant to flash but most of this stuff is still way over my head. The first time I heard of a "finless rom" I wondered why they removed the fins. Some of its starting to make sense now but I would still like to study a few more tutorials before I try my first flash.
          Someone should have warned me. Turned into a flasholic. Flashed my phone.tablet.tv box etc multiple times. Havent bricked anything yet but im sure if I keep this up I will.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Well done for persevering. And welcome to the world of flashing....now you have that mastered you can now start tweaking your ROM....
            Evil laugh......

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: We need a general TV Player FAQ! - Contest for contributors

Originally posted by philfrommancs View Post
              Well done for persevering. And welcome to the world of flashing....now you have that mastered you can now start tweaking your ROM....
              Evil laugh......

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
              Thanks . Now another six months of reading.lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Just my opinion.....however the very frustrated forum posts do not lie..

Buyer Beware!

When Chinese boxes first come out, they should be considered experimental.

Wait 8 months to a year for a fairly reliable working box. Hopefully, the box will then be without major hardware issues and the firmware will be much more finished. Research first, spend extra to buy a name brand high quality box with support

Comment

I need a box for stable movie playback on xbmc popcorn time and mxplayer(720 and 1080p)
                  Which one is the best choice: Tronsmart Vega s89, tronsmart Vega s89 Elite or Tronsmart Orion r28 pro?

Comment

No one has updated this topic for a long time. I have contributed documentation topics a while back but they are being buried in antiquity, especially since the signature feature is no longer supported in the upgraded forum software. Here are my contributions to the very much needed FAQ. Ken

ANDROID DOCUMENTATION TOPIC http://freaktab.com/forum/main-categ...-documentation

ANDROID EXTERNAL KEYBOARD SHORTCUT KEYS [DOCUMENTATION] http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-documentation

LOGITECH K400r INSTRUCTIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ANDROID TV http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...for-android-tv

NOVA LAUNCHER SET UP FOR INTERNET TV http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...or-internet-tv

One more thing...... WHEN DO WE GET ANDROID 5 LOLLIPOP ON OUR CHINA TV BOXES? WHEN?
                    Last edited by kenj66; 04-03-2015, 01:23.
                    Beelink S82 M8B MediaBox ... Android Kitkat 4.4.2 ... Vigica MX3 Air Mouse (Aerb, Sannysis) ... Logitech K400r
                    SIMPLE MEDIA CENTER USING GOOGLE DRIVE
                    LOGITECH K400r INSTRUCTIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ANDROID TV
                    ANDROID EXTERNAL KEYBOARD SHORTCUT KEYS [DOCUMENTATION]
                    NOVA LAUNCHER SET UP FOR INTERNET TV
                    DOCUMENTATION?

Comment

I think I found a home, but unfortunately it doesn't seem like others live here much. That's a shame as for the first time in awhile, I see real insight and tech. savy. The whole smps thing is something that can't be over emphasized. I come for the land of audio equipment; stuff that runs off AC, not DC. Sometime in the late 80's, switch mode PS; began appearing in even high power home, and commercial amplifiers.
                      The first time these were used, the originators of the switching devices were frankly astonished. These devices were originally intended for slow switch operations, such as the back and forth movement of a spray nozzle, or in automotive apps, such as windshield wipers. Along came engineers, pushed by marketing departments,into developing light weight, easily mass produced, power supplies, ubiquitous to all things electronic for the home, TV's, computers, AUDIO, etc. We discovered something real fast about these fast switching power supplies - they were just a millisecond from destruction. Back when Windows 95 was THE hot OS, you could expect your PC to stop working maybe once a year, because the PS had died. In my field, we found amplifiers emitted so much RF hash, the tuners in receivers didn't work well anymore, AND those PS's also tended to just go ..Poof! too.
                      So, here we are 20 years later, and SMPS's do work much better. But for me, give me the heavy Iron, some diodes, and some nice electrolytic capacitors, a regulator where needed, and I'm a happy camper.

Specifically for this forum - yes yes....get a good PS and toss the included unit into the junk drawer. In fact, I'll be building my own, with multiple ports, and the aforementioned Iron, regulators,etc.

Thanks for reminding me!

Comment

Working...
                      X