X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stability issues and power supply.

Originally posted by sammassam View Post
    Hey !
    ive used 3 power supplies from my usb powered hub all of which give me the same results ? im waiting on a wall power supply, ive tested s a friends but not for any length of time)

i get a strange flickering and reboot, first i get colours darting for a second then a reboot (happens a few times then stops for a day then happens again

ive tried other roms, these didn't give me the problem, however i didn't test them long enough to know as they were so unstable in comparison to the finless roms.

Surely the difference between 1.5 and 1.6 is not giving me these issues ?
    ill be interested to see if the problem persists when 1.7 is released.
    What device do you have?
    Stock kernel?
    I supose you have not overclock CPU or GPU.
    Before flash process, did you erased IDB?
    The 3 PSU you tried, are good quality and 2A?
    What devices have you plugged to the stick?
    Try to use without the hub.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
      PSVITA power suply can be found in any shopping center who sell electronic products, in any game shopping center too. Usually it cost about 10$US. Amazon sell it too.

The mod is only break some plastic sheets in the usb port of the psu, cause standard usb donĀ“t fit in it. And it works very well.
      need links! like this one?

I didn't find much when I searched PSVITA power supply.

I checked this thread and another, but neither had good links for known working power supplies. I got my MK808 from geekbuying, the power supply says 2A ... but some stability issues make me wonder.

Comment

Better this one from Sony.

The original is the one I have and no issues with it.
        In every shopping center who sell PlayStation games and consoles you will find it.
        My devices:
        Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Better this one from Sony.

The original is the one I have and no issues with it.
          In every shopping center who sell PlayStation games and consoles you will find it.
          thanks, my friend - that's exactly what i wanted to know. ( sorry, I've never had a play station, didn't really understand that it really was a sony product you were suggesting )

Comment

I found this on my country..

Can it be found but it is 2.1A

Comment

Originally posted by ahnah View Post
              I found this on my country..

Can it be found but it is 2.1A
              Are you tested it? And does it work?
              My devices:
              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Are you tested it? And does it work?
                Notice that iPad USB charger also using DC5.1 --2.1A

just wonder will it cook the mk808b ?

Comment

More Amperage is not bad, you only get the necessary ones. But I dont know if that PSU is a good one.
                  My devices:
                  Gearbest.com)

Comment

Will test it out tonight (when 2 little monster had slept) with iPad 2 charger .. hope it won't cook or spoil my MK808B

Comment

Just before I test it out .. I check with my colleague who is into Electrical Engineering.. he mentioned more power might spoil my MK808B ... but since http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...4511#post54511

say so that it doesn't make any harm with just 2% extra... so going to try tonight.

Comment

When I was tasked in selecting a VDC charger for batteries at a company, I must tested over a 100 brands under load and only 2 out of all of them gave a stable power output, so yes these generic light weight 5VDC 2A adapters are for the birds !

A 5VDC battery will be the best set-up !

Comment

I don't have much in the way of accessories plugged into my mk809 (just a airmouse dongle) but it runs perfectly stable just off the TV usb port.

It's slightly overclocked using finless 1.7

I originally set it up and was using it with a Nexus 7 2A charger but have found no difference with the TV USB port (no idea of Amperage).

It is also stable running from the Laptop's USB port, and it ran fine when I tried it on a sony ericcson 'greenheart' 850mah charger (didn't test for too long on this one - but it switched on and streamed a video from the NAS with no issues)

I have also used a USB ethernet adapter and unpowered hub with the airmouse dongle plugged in whilst running from the TV USB port with no issues.

The only issue I ever get is the reboot after using the stock video player - but that seems to be a finless issue rather than anything else and it occurs no matter what power supply I use.

Comment

Originally posted by EdT View Post
                            When I was tasked in selecting a VDC charger for batteries at a company, I must tested over a 100 brands under load and only 2 out of all of them gave a stable power output, so yes these generic light weight 5VDC 2A adapters are for the birds !

A 5VDC battery will be the best set-up !

http://www.dhgate.com/dc-5v-7800mah-...tml#s1-11-null
                            Can I use this configuration: electrical grid feeding the battery and battery feeding the MK808?
                            This will serve as a UPS in case of power outages!?!

--
                            MhagnumDw

Comment

Originally posted by mhagnumdw View Post
                              Can I use this configuration: electrical grid feeding the battery and battery feeding the MK808?

--
                              MhagnumDw
                              If you have 5V and minimum 1000ma(if you dont have so much devices plugged to the stick), it must work.
                              My devices:
                              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Originally posted by mhagnumdw View Post

--
                                MhagnumDw
                                Yes, this would be the best and purist form of power, but you would have to find a battery capable of outputting 5VDC. Normally you would use the power from the battery and then when you are not using the mini PC, you flip a switch to start charging the battery. A UPS normally outputs AC which is less sever. An good "Regulated" AC-DC power supply is another option.

Comment

Working...
                                X