X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stability issues and power supply.

Originally posted by mechaone View Post

Edit: beautiful hardware tweak, Wapvirus. Any shots of it completed, or does the shell lid not go back on top?
    Yes the lid to the case fits ,I dismantled the project and took photos to try to let you all see how it was constructed ,just looks like a vented black box with a USB port at one end and a mains cable at the other ,Nothing special really but it does the job 😉
    I will add a lid on photo soon when I get time 😀
    My Device: T-R42
    ROM: Wasser ?????
    Peripherals: 5Port USB-2 Hub : Logitech K700 Keyboard : Buffalo 1TB HDD : 32 GB MicroSD : Wireless Xbox360 Controller : 5amp switch mode power supply

Comment

What about using a reulated power supply?

Hi everyone - what about using a regulated power supply instead of these unregulated ones discussed here?
      I have ordered this one: http://www.****.ca/itm/Lloytron-A150...item5d4b09e8aa

I will let you know the results when I receive it.

From my reading regulated is way more stable than the less expensive non regulated power supplies.

Comment

Re: Stability issues and power supply.

Originally posted by codger64 View Post
        Hi everyone - what about using a regulated power supply instead of these unregulated ones discussed here?
        I have ordered this one: http://www.****.ca/itm/Lloytron-A150...item5d4b09e8aa

I will let you know the results when I receive it.

From my reading regulated is way more stable than the less expensive non regulated power supplies.
        The power supply that I used is regulated and can deliver 5000ma / 5amps @ 5v DC this type of supply will not only run you TV slick but also all you're external adds one
        Peripherals: 5Port USB-2 Hub : Logitech K700 Keyboard : Buffalo 1TB HDD : 32 GB MicroSD : Wireless Xbox360 Controller : 5amp switch mode power supply

Comment

Where do you source the case for your PSU

Ordered the components and now using a old VHS video box. Can't find a good case on ****...
          Seems to work great by the way. Bought a 5V 4A regulated PSU for £7 and using a dual USB header (£1.79) as the output so I can simply connect USB peripherals to it If I can get a decent case that will be that!

Comment

Maplins sell nice project boxes

Comment

Hmm interesting, hadn't considered this before. I have some random factory rests with my customers, not too often though. Will look into this, thanks!

-Joel
              www.androidtvboxescanada.com

Comment

Is there any way to test the supplies without a scope?

I have a bunch of older USB chargers and i know some of them are good if not better then the stock ones that came with my units.

I have a soldering iron and a meter i can just cut the barrel jack off the wall wart i have and solder a USB plug to the end and use one of the older phone chargers we have.

But ide like to weed threw em and get one thats decent to use.

I thouht the boards have regulators on em? i guess they arnt that good? so a good clean supply would still help?

I have a decent adjustable power supply i got for my guitar pedal that has different voltage settings i wonder if its any cleaner then what came with my box?

So they cut corners on cooling and power supplies lol *shakes head*

Comment

I decided on 2 of the RS-15-5 Meanwell power supplies they are a sort of bare bones supply you have to hook plugs to both sides but it looks and gets good reviews

5V 3 amps

Comment

What voltage do these boxes need?

The meanwell has an adjustment it was set at 5.15 default i put it to an even 5.01 but im wondering if maybe it should be a little higher?

Comment

• gefattern
                      gefattern commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hi , TVBoxes mostly use 5V/2000mah , but 3000mah is better under higher use / greetings / gefattern

Originally posted by zuberio View Post

Don't spend extra money on another adapter. Search for a "micro to mini usb adapter" it will look something like this http://shop.crackberry.com/images/pr...00/large/2.jpg
                    Yes of course but it would be even more better if you know anything about electronics then you can also make one for your self.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidencrawford View Post

Yes of course but it would be even more better if you know anything about electronics & then you can also make one for your self .
                      Hi the mentioned link is not working do you have the new link?

Comment

Working...
                      X