Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want to flash your rom using cwm recovery? take a look here.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm curious about this method of flashin my mk809ii.
    My device uses model name rk30sdk instead of rk3066. I needed to use this method http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ery-for-rk3188 to flash my recovery.

Few questions..

So now I'm putting together the zip that contains boot.img, kernel.img, misc.img, system.img (all from finless rom) and recovery.img (CWM). Do I get in trouble with my recovery.img which uses model name rk3066 and not the model name what my device is using (rk30sdk). Can I just remove it from my zip ?

Thanks alot.

Comment

Re: Do you want to flash your rom using cwm recovery? take a look here.

Originally posted by suikka View Post
      I'm curious about this method of flashin my mk809ii.
      My device uses model name rk30sdk instead of rk3066. I needed to use this method http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ery-for-rk3188 to flash my recovery.

Few questions..

So now I'm putting together the zip that contains boot.img, kernel.img, misc.img, system.img (all from finless rom) and recovery.img (CWM). Do I get in trouble with my recovery.img which uses model name rk3066 and not the model name what my device is using (rk30sdk). Can I just remove it from my zip ?

Thanks alot.
      I am making a new template.zip only system.img, kernel.img and boot.img need to be flashed in the new one. In this one you need to flash all files, for recovery.img use the recovery.img that you downloaded from androtab.info

leolas
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
        I am making a new template.zip only system.img, kernel.img and boot.img need to be flashed in the new one. In this one you need to flash all files, for recovery.img use the recovery.img that you downloaded from androtab.info

leolas
        Let me know when you have done it. I'd like to try it.. I just tried the method from the first post you made to this thread. I don't know why, but it fails..
        Finding package..
        Opening package..
        Installing package..
        Installation aborted..
        And all this happends in one second.. There is no more information about what went south with this install. Damn.

EDIT : don't know what happened but I just made that zip again and started flashing and all went well. At least cwm recovery said flash was succesfull but how can I see that I'm using finless rom ?
        Last edited by suikka; 09-05-2013, 17:24.

Comment

Originally posted by suikka View Post
          Let me know when you have done it. I'd like to try it.. I just tried the method from the first post you made to this thread. I don't know why, but it fails..
          Finding package..
          Opening package..
          Installing package..
          Installation aborted..
          And all this happends in one second.. There is no more information about what went south with this install. Damn.

EDIT : don't know what happened but I just made that zip again and started flashing and all went well. At least cwm recovery said flash was succesfull but how can I see that I'm using finless rom ?
          In setings/info you will see what version of the Rom are you running.

leolas
          My devices:
          Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

I got it working. Looks like 720p kernel is better than 1080p kernel at least I think so.

Big thanks to leolas and Finless.

Comment

I tried and it's possible to take kernel.img away from that zip and it won't cause any problems.
              Every other img was flashed and everything worked like charm. I'm not sure does this work with any other img.

I'm not sure will this information help anyone ? I thought I let everyone know this. Leolas you are doing that template.zip perhaps it is not even necessary ?

Comment

yeah~~just want to do it!!

Comment

Hi leolas a few questions before i attemped to install a rom with your cwm please be patient with me i am not an expert to all this i am still learning i have a minix neo g4 and with cwm in it and i want to try out MK808/MK808B/MINIX Hybryd FW V2.2.4 lewy rom and since it's not in cwm i will try make one first i will get all the img files with wendals tool and replace them boot,kernel,misc,recovery,system. Do i have to change the flash image and META-INF or i will have to leave the ones that is in the CWM_ROM_zip
                  Thanks in advanced.

Comment

If the system file is not too big then just flash kernel, boot and system by CWM

Check the size against the current system, if it's bigger check against your current parameter file.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
                    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by aeolous View Post
                      Hi leolas a few questions before i attemped to install a rom with your cwm please be patient with me i am not an expert to all this i am still learning i have a minix neo g4 and with cwm in it and i want to try out MK808/MK808B/MINIX Hybryd FW V2.2.4 lewy rom and since it's not in cwm i will try make one first i will get all the img files with wendals tool and replace them boot,kernel,misc,recovery,system. Do i have to change the flash image and META-INF or i will have to leave the ones that is in the CWM_ROM_zip
                      Thanks in advanced.
                      agree with 900supersport, but try with this zip better:http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...stallable-zips and add on it only boot.img system.img and kernel.img.
                      only drag the files and deploy them inside the zip, dont unzip it and rezip.
                      My devices:
                      Gearbest.com)

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                        If the system file is not too big then just flash kernel, boot and system by CWM

Check the size against the current system, if it's bigger check against your current parameter file.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
                        The system file that i have now from kirks rom is 372mb approx.
                        and from lewy is 391mb so i have to put system from lewy as well if i am not mistaken?

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                        agree with 900supersport, but try with this zip better:http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...stallable-zips and add on it only boot.img system.img and kernel.img.
                        only drag the files and deploy them inside the zip, dont unzip it and rezip.
                        will do leolas from the link you provide but first i will do a back up just in case i do something wrong and report back my results to the other thread.

Thank you both for your help i hope in the future i can be helpfull to others as you did with me.

Comment

If the system you any to flash is smaller then it should always be ok. If it's a little bigger you are probably ok, the only way to be certain is either flash and test or check against the size available in parameters.
                          900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

mk808B with AP6210 and android 4.2.2

Hello....i just got an mk808B with wifi AP6210 and android 4.2.2...i tried to dump the firmware to external microSD card with the cwm that i got from here: http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/rk3066/ .My problem is that is not working , it's saying that:
                            "can't find misc
                            can't mount /cache/recovery/command
                            ...."

and some others, as you can see in the attachment.
                            Can you please tell me what i'm doing wrong ,is it because is 4.2.2..... i have an old mk808B with RK903 wifi and comes with android 4.1.1, and if i try to dump the firmware using the same cwm card, is working...
                            Anybody has an idea...or a different cwm file...or a different way to dump this firmware ...TNX in advance.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20131106_203416.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	431155Click image for larger version

Name:	20131106_203404.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	431154

Comment

Originally posted by pittyvasile View Post
                              Hello....i just got an mk808B with wifi AP6210 and android 4.2.2...i tried to dump the firmware to external microSD card with the cwm that i got from here: http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/rk3066/ .My problem is that is not working , it's saying that:
                              "can't find misc
                              can't mount /cache/recovery/command
                              ...."

and some others, as you can see in the attachment.
                              Can you please tell me what i'm doing wrong ,is it because is 4.2.2..... i have an old mk808B with RK903 wifi and comes with android 4.1.1, and if i try to dump the firmware using the same cwm card, is working...
                              Anybody has an idea...or a different cwm file...or a different way to dump this firmware ...TNX in advance.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]3895[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3894[/ATTACH]
                              I need a link to your stock recovery.

leolas.
                              My devices:
                              Gearbest.com)

Comment

mk808B with AP6210 and android 4.2.2

Leolas, tnx for your reply, but i don't know what you mean with: "I need a link to your stock recovery."

Comment

Working...
                                X