Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want to flash your rom using cwm recovery? take a look here.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kernel flasher.

If you want to test your own compiled kernels or some custom kernel made for others you can use this zip. Simply open it with winrar or 7zip, don´t unzip it, only open it. Drag and drop the kernel.img you want to install with this name "kernel.img" inside the zip, and that is all. You can flash it from cwm.

ADVICES:
    THIS ZIP CONTAINS AN EMPTY IMG FILE THAT MUST BE SUBSTITUTED BY YOUR KERNEL.IMG .
    MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASH ANYTHING.

IF YOU FLASH THIS ZIP DIRECTLY YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

IF YOU USE KERNELS DON'T DESIGNED FOR YOUR DEVICE YOU WILL LOSE WIFI AND BT. OR SIMPLY DONT BOOT. OVERCLOCKED KERNELS CAN BURN YOUR DEVICE.

USE THIS ZIP ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT ARE YOU DOING.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
      If you want to test your own compiled kernels or some custom kernel made for others you can use this zip. Simply open it with winrar or 7zip, don´t unzip it, only open it. Drag and drop the kernel.img you want to install with this name "kernel.img" inside the zip, and that is all. You can flash it from cwm.

ADVICES:
      THIS ZIP CONTAINS AN EMPTY IMG FILE THAT MUST BE SUBSTITUTED BY YOUR KERNEL.IMG .

IF YOU USE KERNELS DON'T DESIGNED FOR YOUR DEVICE YOU WILL LOSE WIFI AND BT. OR SIMPLY DONT BOOT. OVERCLOCKED KERNELS CAN BURN YOUR DEVICE.

Thank you so much Leolas, I'll give you the feedback as soon as I try it. Out of town right now.

Comment

Re: Do you want to flash your rom using cwm recovery? take a look here.

Originally posted by dark_angel View Post
        Thank you so much Leolas, I'll give you the feedback as soon as I try it. Out of town right now.
        Thanks a lot, reports allways are welcome. This one is a very simple script, so it must work. But take care about the advices. And all must work. Some custom kernels can fit with our devices and needs better than stock one.
        My devices:
        Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Tip for the mk802iiis users, if you want to backup to external sd you must first extract it and put it inside again. Otherwise you will have a mount error.
          Regards

Enviado mediante orgasmatron
          There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
            Tip for the mk802iiis users, if you want to backup to external sd you must first extract it and put it inside again. Otherwise you will have a mount error.
            Regards

Enviado mediante orgasmatron
            Thanks a lot. Pasting it to fist post.
            My devices:
            Gearbest.com)

Comment

STOCK recovery support update.zip,
              put update.zip to root directory of SD-Card, system will hint you to update or not.

update.zip is same as android phone custom rom.

Comment

As long as the signing of the zip matches what the stock recovery expects. Most do but sometimes manufacturers change the recovery signing. Did you try this and see?

Also some RK recoveries wont honor update.zip but instead update.img. MK802III does use update.zip but I do not believe the ug802 does?

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

ADVICES:

@Leo
                  I don't know something is NOT right in this zip. Bricked my device three time while flashing kernel/s I had to restore from recovery (thanks for CWM recovery zip). Anyone else has the same observation or its just me?

Comment

@Leo
                    I don't know something is NOT right in this zip. Bricked my device three time while flashing kernel/s I had to restore from recovery (thanks for CWM recovery zip). Anyone else has the same observation or its just me?
                    Ok i will take a look on it.

PD: ok all seems to be good, the zip extracts kernel.img at /tmp/kernel.img then it is flashed as raw. Tomorrow I will test it again in my device.
                    Do you put a proper kernel inside the zip?
                    By the moment dont use it, it is late here in Spain and cant test it now, but tomorrow is the first I will do.
                    My devices:
                    Gearbest.com)

Comment

Works fine on my cube. How are you opening the zip to copy in your kernel?
                      900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Ahh and try to use 7zip or winrar to open the zip.
                        My devices:
                        Gearbest.com)

Comment

Yes, I did opened with 7zip (did NOT extracted it), the only thing which looks suspicious is that I transferred the Kernel to desktop, renamed it than dragged into the opened archived zip.
                          Last edited by dark_angel; 03-14-2013, 01:05. Reason: Gud Spelur, spelling nmistakes corrected

Comment

Found the solution! DON NOT TRANSFER IT TO THE DESKTOP. I did all the transfer work within the download folder e.g renaming and opening with 7zip and finally dragging it to my SD card. Worked like a charm.

I do have two questions, how should I know that "Now I have Kizs Kernel on my MK808? "about device" still showing the old Kernel built. Is there any app I can download for correct info?
                            Secondly, is there any bug in AnTuTu CPU master, I have OC to 1512 through Kizs kernel but every time is showing only 1008 Mhz?
                            Thanks Leo for all the hard work.

Comment

Found the solution! DON NOT TRANSFER IT TO THE DESKTOP. I did all the transfer work within the download folder e.g renaming and opening with 7zip and finally dragging it to my SD card. Worked like a charm.

I do have two questions, how should I know that "Now I have Kizs Kernel on my MK808? "about device" still showing the old Kernel built. Is there any app I can download for correct info?
                              Secondly, is there any bug in AnTuTu CPU master, I have OC to 1512 through Kizs kernel but every time is showing only 1008 Mhz?
                              Thanks Leo for all the hard work.
                              Be sure that when you drop the file kernel.img in kernel.zip the file names are ok, the file dropped inside the zip must be renamed to "kernel.img", . If you change the kernel correct in about device you must see the information of the new kernel.
                              My devices:
                              Gearbest.com)

Comment

link dead? CWM_ROM_zip.zip

"Download this zip file CWM_ROM_zip.zip from:
                                http://www.freak-tab.de/leolas/CWM_ROM_zip.zip"
                                Trying to download above but getting "HTTP 404"

Comment

Working...
                                X