Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want to flash your rom using cwm recovery? take a look here.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you want to flash your rom using cwm recovery? take a look here.

First of all some advices:

I CAN´T RESIZE OUR NAND PARTITIONS BY RECOVERY, SO USE THIS TO FLASH A ROM COMING FROM A FINLESS ROM.
    Flash a rom using this method or any other is your responsibility, I've tested it, and it has worked perfectly for me, as always make sure you have a backup of your rom in a safe place, and you know how flash a rom. Please if you don't understand something, ask first and i will try to help.
    Please special care with the ones who have "generick cwm recovery" You dont have a kernel inside your recovery, so if you flash incorrect kernel you need to erase full nand and install the rom by your pc with Rk flash tool.

What we will do is flash the images of the different partitions of the NAND. So we will not touch the bootloader at all, neither will touch other partitions that are not necessary to play.

The ultimate goal is to flash from cwm recovery without having to connect the PC at all, but as I mentioned earlier, at the moment we can not resize partitions, so we'll have to start from a Finless ROM installed in our tv stick or we lose that great functionality provided by the teacher Bob.

What do we need?

First, we must have cwm recovery installed and working properly. If you want to know how to install it check out at:

Winrar or 7zip installed on your pc. Suggest using either previously cited. No use windows zip manager embedded in windows so this one will not work. (thanks for the advice Bob)

We download the rom we want to install.

We download the zip provided by fun_ specific for our device from:

Download this zip file CWM_ROM_zip.zip from:

ADVICE, THIS ZIP CONTAINS EMPTY IMG FILES THAT MUST BE SUBSTITUTED BY YOUR ROMS ONES. IF YOU FLASH THIS ZIP DIRECTLY YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

How do we do it?

To explain step by step and clear we will use as an example the Finless ROM 1.7 ROM for mk808b and 7zip.

We download the file from our rom and unzip it, and cwm image from our device from Androtab and uncompress it too:

now we need boot.img kernel.img misc.img and system.img from Bob Finless ROM. They are in "MK808B Finless 1.7 ROM/FinlessROM". We need they have those exact names, so if we have boot720.img we need to rename it to boot.img

We need recovery.img from the file we downloaded from androtab.

We open with 7zip zip file CWM_ROM_zip.zip without decompressing and look inside.We delete the files.Img inside the zip and replace them with those of our rom. We do not touch anything else.

We close 7zip and we are ready, we copy the zip to the external_sd. The external_sd must have at least 500Mb free once you copied the files for the script work.

Start the stick into recovery mode. If we don't have a backup made, time to do that. We enter in backup and restore option, and make a backup to external sdcard.

Now lets go wipe data/factory reset.

Lets now to "Install zip from sdcard"

Choose install zip from external sd,.

We choose flash from external sd, and select the zip we made and we copy to the external_sd.

If everything goes well, and it must go well. We have the new rom flashed.

I need feedback from you. So please tell me if it works for you. Like always, corrections are welcome. If you need some help ask for it and i will try to help.

You can use cwm recovery to update your Roms. But i want to share this cause you can install different roms using this method.

Some tips:
    Originally posted by daemonium View Post
    Tip for the mk802iiis users, if you want to backup to external sd you must first extract it and put it inside again. Otherwise you will have a mount error.
    Regards

Enviado mediante orgasmatron
    Thanks to "Bob Finless" for the great ROMs he made and "fun_" for the great cwm port to our devices.
    Last edited by leolas; 03-05-2013, 17:27.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Originally posted by leolas View Post

Winrar, 7zip or other compressed file manager installed on your pc. Suggest using either previously cited.
    Just to point out how important this is. DO NOT try to use the built in Windows ZIP manager. It will not work. You must use what Leolas suggests above. The reason is the zip must be aligned and the built in windows ZIP manager will not do that.

Thanks for putting this together Leolas!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Just to point out how important this is. DO NOT try to use the built in Windows ZIP manager. It will not work. You must use what Leolas suggests above. The reason is the zip must be aligned and the built in windows ZIP manager will not do that.

Thanks for putting this together Leolas!

Bob
      Thanks to you for your advice
      My devices:
      Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

I don't think you need to use fun_' s CWM for this. I'm doing the same on my tabs with the version of CWM I've been using for some time. I'd expect it will also work with Bob's CWM.
        900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
          I don't think you need to use fun_' s CWM for this. I'm doing the same on my tabs with the version of CWM I've been using for some time. I'd expect it will also work with Bob's CWM.
          I didnt see Bob cwm I didnt know he has one made!!!, i will search for it and download and test it.
          My devices:
          Gearbest.com)

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
            I didnt see Bob cwm I didnt know he has one made!!!, i will search for it and download and test it.
            It's one I made long ago and is in all my Tablet ROMs like the Yuandao N101. I also made one once for a TV stick but it wont work on all TV sticks as recovery.fstab needs to be edited for each device along with the init binary the the rknand.ko taken from the original recovery.

Also my CWM will not flash a kernel unless it is in boot.img. If kernel is stand alone it wont work to flash kernel.

Here is the CWM I made for the ug802.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              It's one I made long ago and is in all my Tablet ROMs like the Yuandao N101. I also made one once for a TV stick but it wont work on all TV sticks as recovery.fstab needs to be edited for each device along with the init binary the the rknand.ko taken from the original recovery.

Also my CWM will not flash a kernel unless it is in boot.img. If kernel is stand alone it wont work to flash kernel.

Here is the CWM I made for the ug802.

Bob
              Good one, now I remember that I readed a bit about it, but so it was only for ug802 I forgot it.
              My devices:
              Gearbest.com)

Comment

I hadn't thought of the issues around no touch screen.
                900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                  I hadn't thought of the issues around no touch screen.
                  The mouse works on that CWM I made but it is VERY TOUCHY to use!

Leolas, I can edit the CWM to work on any of the TV sticks but I have not had enough time to keep up on it. Also seems only a few people want CWM on these devices so it has not been a high priority. Also there now are better CWM's like Fun's anyway

Bob

Comment

Hi leo!
                    Nice work, i'm testing it right now
                    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

works flawlessly upgraded my imito mx1 from finless 1.5 to 1.7a no issues

thanks

Comment

Works flawlessly upgraded from finless 1.6a to 1.7 no issues (MK808B). Thank you very much.

Comment

Re: Do you want to flash your rom using cwm recovery? take a look here.

Will this method wipes Data and/or Internal storage?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

It says you have to wipe data but i think this is depending on the case.
                            Usually the devs provide that info when posting a new rom. I did all the wipes going from 1.5 to 1.7b on my mk802IIIs.
                            Regards

Ps:it's working flawlessly

Enviado mediante un tirachinas de largo alcance
                            There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by farhanito View Post
                              Will this method wipes Data and/or Internal storage?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
                              Internal storage is not touched (sdcard), data is formatted when you select wipe data/factory reset. I suggest you make this step and not omit it when you change between Rom version. If you change the ROM without make wipe data can result in FCs and stability issues.
                              Last edited by leolas; 03-04-2013, 13:06.
                              My devices:
                              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Working...
                              X