Tips for more efficient Android performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips for more efficient Android performance

I have sometimes found that 2 people testing the same thing on the same device can yield differing results and it made me wonder what general things can be done to fine tune your Android box/device, especially with the limited amount of memory that some come with.

One of the things that I always do after loading up all my apps is to turn off auto starting for apps that I don't want hogging memory upon startup.

To do this I use the free app, Startup Manager from the Google play store.

This particular app does require root access.

I disable all apps that it shows in User section with a one button click option and then I only turn on those that i want to be there at startup such as Anti-Virus, one at a time.

There are also some things in the System section that can be useful to turn off too, such as the camera, if you don;t actually use one (just be careful about what you do turn off in this section though as som are essentially required for the firmware to run correctly).

After a reboot, the StartUp Manager stays resident and has one additional useful function in that when apps are updated from the Play Store, Startup Manager will pop up if any of these apps require startup permission, that you can allow or deny.

I find that it helps to make Android just that little more efficient by saving memory and reducing resource hogging.

Post your own hints and tips here for others to try and follow.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max
Working...
X