Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Query: Any simple/quick way to make file sharing via ethernet ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Query: Any simple/quick way to make file sharing via ethernet ??

In playing around with one of my boxes I've been shuffling the SD card alot even though that box is directly connected in the same LAN as the PC sitting right next to it.
    So, maybe it is a dumb question, but I'll ask all the same:
    Is there any truly quick, simple way to get file/folder sharing set up to allow LAN access from a windows PC of the TV box's files ??

I tried an app called Samba Filesharing and it made an IP to share from that did not work - as n 192.168.43.x vs. 192.168.10.x
    I did get connected using the device's own IP after that - but only to the internal storage.
    It'd be very helpful to be able to access the other storage as well, if such is possible...

If there is an easier and/or better way...will someone please guide me ??

Thanks.

Try Airdroid from Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...airdroid&hl=en) I've used it in the past and worked pretty good.
    **SkystreamX4 (S802)....M8S (S812)....Mini M8S (S905)....Nexbox A95x (S905x)

Comment

Thanks for replying.
      If I want to use a 3rd party app - I have several such things already.

What I seek is direct file manipulation, as done in Nautilus (Linux) or windows explorer - either of which can be used in a limited fashion as I explained above.

A very nice app was posted here=>
      Network Share Mounter for CIFS and NFS

But in trying it I found no way to make it do more than Samba Filesharing already does.

Comment

Try sambadroid from playstore. For me the best samba app for android. I have shared 2 TB external hdd with no problems. Streaming and file copy working excellent

Comment

Working...
        X