Android box and usb hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android box and usb hub

I wanna buy my first tv box but what annoys me the most is just 2 USB ports on most of them.
    Are those s905x boxes working with cheap USB 2.0 hubs from China or the hub needs to be somehow compatible with those devices?

Hi loku,

On my UT3 & UT4 i have 3 ports and yes a USB Hub works. Tested on UT3/UT4/QBox.Not all Boxess have only 2 Ports.Buy a Box with good Support and Specs.

hope you find a good one

gefattern

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm close to buy Tanix TX5 / Mini M8S II / Cooleme MB1. My only concern was the amount of USB. Can anyone confirm that USB hubs will work with this hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by loku View Post
        Thanks for the info. I'm close to buy Tanix TX5 / Mini M8S II / Cooleme MB1. My only concern was the amount of USB. Can anyone confirm that USB hubs will work with this hardware?
        Just be careful if you buy one of those devices.
        They get no firmware updates and you are stuck with what you get.
        For basic tasks they should work.

Comment

I agree with Moe123. Your better to buy a real supported device like nagrace/beelink/ugoos/zidoo may be a little more at purchase but you will like it when fixes and updates come as they normally should.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hi loku

Mo and Scooter are right,look for a good supported Device.I think Mo gave you already a Hint to a RK Device somewere here in the Forum.

good luck

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
              I agree with Moe123. Your better to buy a real supported device like nagrace/beelink/ugoos/zidoo may be a little more at purchase but you will like it when fixes and updates come as they normally should.
              The Nagrace budget box rk3229 will get Marshmallow firmware in a week's time when all the drivers are ported
              Also has 4 USB ports.
              For video playback RK3229 supports more video formats than S905 like 10-bit h264.
              Can't wait for Xposed frameworks
              It will only work on their box and not on other rk3229's.
              I already made a custom Lollipop firmware for it.

The HPH RK3288 or Ugoos UT3 will also get Marshmallow firmware soon since Firefly is busy testing and uploading the new RK3288 Marshmallow firmware next week.
              I must say these RK3288 devices got updates since 2 years ago and it still keeps on going.
              Other manufacturers will abandon a tv box 2 weeks after release to move on to a new chipset.

Beelink and Zidoo devices are also good.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your advices guys! This brings a lot of new light to the topic.
                PH NT-N8 Plus looks really promising, since I'm looking for 2 GB of RAM. It seems to be a new box and its valued at 60 bucks now in official Negrace shop on AliExpress. Do you know if it will be available in other shops, like GearBest or Banggood soon?

Comment

Originally posted by loku View Post
                  Thanks a lot for your advices guys! This brings a lot of new light to the topic.
                  PH NT-N8 Plus looks really promising, since I'm looking for 2 GB of RAM. It seems to be a new box and its valued at 60 bucks now in official Negrace shop on AliExpress. Do you know if it will be available in other shops, like GearBest or Banggood soon?
                  You can leave a message on the Aliexpress shop to ship with EMS or airmail instead of DHL if needed to have a cheaper price or lower taxes for some countries.
                  The price will be adjusted if choosing airmail by about $7-10 lower.
                  The 2GB is good and since Marshmallow will be released soon, you can use a normal Micro SDCard eg. 32GB as internal storage instead of the 16GB if needed.
                  It ships the same day you order it and is just as secure and faster than GB or BG.
                  Register with Paypal free return shipping for your country.
                  Since you buy with Paypal you have a money back guarantee and also free shipping back to the seller if needed for several parcels a year depending on your country.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! Will try that out and let you know here. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                    X