Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android box with HDMI-in and "specific set of skills" ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android box with HDMI-in and "specific set of skills" ;)

I'm considering replacing my ageing Sony Google TV box with HDMI-in (s far as I know the only genuine Google TV/Android TV box with HDMI-in and proper PiP) with it's Android Honeycomb with something more modern both in terms of hardware and software.

I'm considering Zidoo X9S, Eweat R9 and Beelink SEA and it seems that Zidoo X9S:
    1. Has dedicated PiP button
    2. Gets software updates
    3. Is mid-range in price

So looks like a winner to me (unless you can assign various PiP actions to any Beelink remote button).

My questions (to those who actually own Zidoo X9S) are:
    1. If it’s in a stand-by mode, can it just relay audio-video from HDMI in?
    2. Does it switch or can it be made to switch between PiP (main screen Zidoo, PiP — hdmi-in) and full-screen HDMI-in by push of physical button on the remote it comes with?

I have a real Android TV box and I much prefer the genuine Android TV experience to all those regular Android boxes and most of the time I want to run Plex client on my Android TV box without even switching Zidoo on.

Zidoo comes to play is when I’m watching a game on my Android TV box and want to switch it to PiP during intermissions or if the game is boring, so then I’d like to run Plex client on Zidoo and have a game in a small picture with an option to put it to the foreground (and back) with a press of a button on the remote.

If anyone is using their Zidoo or any of the other boxes I listed up top for this or similar purposes, please reply.

Hi Stangri ,

here some Info about PIP of X9S.Hope it helps.Few Days ago there was a new Update , so FW Support is given.

http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/10/...-broadcasting/

Our R&D team has developed the powerful function with our ZIDOO X9--Picture in Picture.The only one Android Box that can support HDMI IN Picture in Picture(P...

ZIDOO X9S supports HDMI-IN with the Picture in Picture(PIP) function,record function.stream to UDP function

you can find more on YT.

good Luck

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
      Hi Stangri ,

here some Info about PIP of X9S.Hope it helps.Few Days ago there was a new Update , so FW Support is given.

http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/10/...-broadcasting/

Our R&D team has developed the powerful function with our ZIDOO X9--Picture in Picture.The only one Android Box that can support HDMI IN Picture in Picture(P...

ZIDOO X9S supports HDMI-IN with the Picture in Picture(PIP) function,record function.stream to UDP function

you can find more on YT.

good Luck

gefattern
      Thank you for your prompt reply. I've seen the first video you've linked -- from 2015, however I have not seen the second one (even tho it's pretty old as well).

The article however highlighted a few showstoppers for me:
      1. You need to go to the HDMI-in app menus to switch HDMI-in from PiP mode to full-screen.
      2. (As far as I understood) you then have to go into the menus again to enable HDMI-in audio.
      3. No multi-channel audio pass-through.

Sounds like a horrible user experience. I guess that unless someone replies that in the newer FW version the user experience on switching from PiP to full-screen has been improved I'm staying with my geriatric NSZ-GS7.

If any forum member owns X9S and is actually using HDMI-in on that box, please post what/how do you use it for.

Comment

Hi Stangri ,

please look and ask in the X9S Threads here   :

good luck

gefattern

Comment

Working...
        X