Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the world of Android TV Sticks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the world of Android TV Sticks?

At about 3 years, we had super powerful and low-priced Android devices, $20-$40 depending on the device.

I've had Ugoos, Rikomagic, Tronsmart, unbranded versions ....
    UG802, mk802, mk808 and the last one I bought a couple of years ago was the mk808b +.

I went looking for some today to see how the market is, and I can hardly find these devices anymore.
    I found some great super powerful and super expensive.
    But the era of small, good and cheap Androids is over? Usually the factory ROM was not very good, but this forum saved the world!

So I got lost, and a quick search on Tronsmart's website saw that the latest Android stick of them was the Draco H3 ... Still sold on some sites but 1gb / 8gb ?! Mali MP200 GPU ?!
    In 2012 we had the Mali MP400 Quad-core.!
    By 2015 we had Android stick Mali MP450 priced at $25 (with 2gb/16gb specs)!
    Today something like Mali450 or better priced at $45-$60?!

I found a good stick: Coowell V5, but with 55% off is around $25!... $50 in this stick? It is good in specs, but this should be the natural evolution of the sticks and not more power = more expensive.... o.o' (it if.. if you find it to buy... '-')

And today? Or do we pay dearly for the super powerful Android or do we have the mini Androis Stick with medium / good settings and cheap price?

Sorry if I made a mistake in the values, but it's just a demonstration.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,
    please note that the Coowell V5 comes in two versions...see freaktab forum

i don't know...
    while it handy to have a stick sized pc.. With you...for vacation ( or build inside a car/boot )
    But for most users.. Its just a hot chipset crammed inside a little box with bad WiFi and not enough usb ports
    with prices quite low for tablets...

Just a thought...Cheers

just noticed..on 4pda there are cooling and wifi mods.. for the coowell v5
    Last edited by mitchell4you; 06-22-2017, 09:11.

Comment

Working...
    X