OG Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OG Youtube

This might be old news for some but I decided to post it for those who want to try anyway.

On my X96 I was quite happy with Youtube, both through the browser and the supplied app.
    However, the Yundoo Y8 simply sucks when it comes to properly working with Youtube.
    My main problem was resolution, as despite best tries I failed to get anything above mobile resolution to work.
    After some reading I tried OG Youtube and must say I am happy with it.
    Not only do I get proper search results that are unfiltered but I now can set the resolution to what my TV offers - sadly only 1080p.

There are quite a few people stating it won't work any better or with higher resolutions on their devices but that goes mostly for mobile phones and tablets.
    It would be great if anyone with a 4k TV could check if Youtube there offers full 4k video too.
    Since a lot of people out there struggle to get Youtube working in 4K it might be nice to provide some feedback here even if it does not work for you.

Versions and downloads:
    I packed the latest available and working versions of MiniG (required) and OG Youtube into this ZIP.
    As an alternative you can also find the files through APKMIRROR.
Working...
X