Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time buyer - specific uses - Can't decide between boxes! Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time buyer - specific uses - Can't decide between boxes! Please help!

Hi,

This is the first time I am buying an android box/android TV box. I am very glad I stumbled upon this forum because it has lots of user reviews and things (issues) I would not have known if I had just relied on AE/YT reviews.

But it has made it more difficult for me to choose a box for my uses. I have a sony "smart" TV which has youtube, netflix and some other basic smart features. So, I would like to buy an android box to complement the TV's existing features by letting me install apps games from the play store. So, my primary requirements are different apps, games (light and sometimes heavy) and media content.

My budget is under 70$. I can go up to 100$ if the box can last more than 1 or 2 years and is really worth the price (my opinion of bost chinese boxes is that it's really not worth that amount).

So, after looking at reviews, I landed on 2 boxes:

-Mi Box 3 (67$ on AE)
    -MECOOL M8S PRO L (3G/16GB) (59$ on AE)

I do not care about the things I get with the box like remote and stuff because I am going to be buying a mini-keyboard anyways. Looking at reviews here and on YT, it seems that Mi Box generally gets better reviews and fewer problems compared to other chinese boxes. One drawback I see is that the internal storage is only 8G and only 1 USB port! I am not sure if it's worth the price I am paying. Regarding MECOOL boxes - I saw a lot of heating problems in this forum and some on youtube. I can tinker with the software very well, but as for solutions suggested in the attached link I can't really open the box and solder stuff because I have no experience with hands-on electronics stuff. Would the Mi box fare better in terms of lesser hardware/heating issues because of better build quality?

I am also very of receiving fakes and very low quality/ faulty ones like the case that happened for MECOOL MINI (http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-707n0-c/page2).

Should I consider any other box on my list? Also, what's the best place/seller to buy items from? I am buying from India and would like the seller to cooperate with customs declarations cost (need the package to be declared as under 30$) to avoid paying outrageous duty costs in my country. Please suggest!

It would be very helpful for me if someone can please suggest a box for my needs and clarify my doubts.
    Hi, The Pro L runs pretty hot and the Pro + is not far behind. If you aren't being too demanding and/or don't live in a hot climate you may not have any problems
Working...
X