Please recommend a tv box not known to overheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please recommend a tv box not known to overheat

I do own a shield and it's great also because it actually has a cooling fan. Any other options? Mi box, fire tv, m8s pro L, minix neo u9-h, a95x pro, h96 pro + the list goes on... All of these have reported overheating problems and none have fans. I might just install a cheap fan myself but I'm curious if there are good boxes which have great cooling out of the box like shield. Buzztv xpl 3000v might be good. Any advice? I'd like to not go out and buy a soldering iron thermal paste and all that jazz. I dont really care about L1 since Im not using this for netflix I have everything on kodi. Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited by sPORKaccione; 05-30-2018, 12:43.

If you have everything on Kodi, why not get an inexpensive Amlogic S905x and install LibreELEC or OpenELEC on it. Then no need to worry about heat issues...
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I agree..
      libreelec is tiny Linux version ( under 200mb ) dedicated for running kodi ( uses less resources )
      Amlogic Meson8, GXBB, GXL, GXM, G12A/B and SM1 builds

It can also run from sdcard ( sometimes even from USB )
      So, dualboot android/libreelec is a option
      recommention
      What is LibreELEC ? Welcome to the LibreELEC Wiki! [LibreELEC.wiki] [URL:https://wiki.libreelec.tv/] Lets start with the quality AML boxes, with known working out of the box - WiFi, Bluetooth, HDMI CEC, IR or Wireless remotes and some with SPDIF…

libreelec/openelec and now CoreElec

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X