Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I change so that app thinks that TV box is a phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do I change so that app thinks that TV box is a phone?

I want to install an app that is designed to work only on phones. So when I install it in my TV box, it does not work. It is able to identify that it is not a phone.
    What do I need to do so that the app thinks that it is a phone?

The only app issues that have problems with TV boxes, that I have come across, have issues with wired LAN and HDMI display. There are other issues but, you never get the app to run or are missing the top section, as if it runs off the width of the screen.

If your app requires wifi or data connection, then you can use a hack tool to force wired LAN to use wifi configuration through detection. You don't even need wifi actively connected.

If your app does not like HDMI display, then you need to hack the app... Some peeps who know about Android APK tools, find disabling HDMI detection fairly easy, compared to rewriting code.

If your app expects to use phone features that are not a part of ATV, you will need to add the components manually. That part I am doing as a learning experience. Eventually I hope to make a crossbreed ATV/Tablet experience. Seems like Google is developing cross platform apps along with ATV being smart friendly like phones, and maybe in future smart TV systems will be no different than smart phones as they seem to be transforming into each other now these days. If that is not the case, they are sleeping on a win fall.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
      The only app issues that have problems with TV boxes, that I have come across, have issues with wired LAN and HDMI display. There are other issues but, you never get the app to run or are missing the top section, as if it runs off the width of the screen.

If your app requires wifi or data connection, then you can use a hack tool to force wired LAN to use wifi configuration through detection. You don't even need wifi actively connected.

If your app does not like HDMI display, then you need to hack the app... Some peeps who know about Android APK tools, find disabling HDMI detection fairly easy, compared to rewriting code.

If your app expects to use phone features that are not a part of ATV, you will need to add the components manually. That part I am doing as a learning experience. Eventually I hope to make a crossbreed ATV/Tablet experience. Seems like Google is developing cross platform apps along with ATV being smart friendly like phones, and maybe in future smart TV systems will be no different than smart phones as they seem to be transforming into each other now these days. If that is not the case, they are sleeping on a win fall.
      Thanks for throwing some insight.
      I do not have a wired LAN, always on wifi, and the app requires wifi, so the wifi part is taken care of.
      It doesn't require any phone specific feature, so I guess this part is also taken care of.
      The only thing that remains is the HDMI display. I am hinting towards this being the culprit. As you mentioned it is fairly easy to disable HDMI detection, any pointers would be highly helpful.

Comment

What is the app that is having the Issue? I know of a few apps that are provider specific that do not like HDMI. Xfinity Stream TV, Shaw Freerange TV, DirectTV, CoxContour, and Spectrum... I think there are others from France and the UK as well.

Comment

What is the app that is having the Issue? I know of a few apps that are provider specific that do not like HDMI. Xfinity Stream TV, Shaw Freerange TV, DirectTV, CoxContour, and Spectrum... I think there are others from France and the UK as well.
          Indeed, it is exactly like one of these streaming TV apps by provider called JioTV.

Comment

Originally posted by ontherocks View Post

Indeed, it is exactly like one of these streaming TV apps by provider called JioTV.
            Ah, well you can look into hacking It yourself, as the guy to disables app HDMI checks is not actively supporting all requests. Though he does give some info on what to do. So if you have some apk tweaking experience, you may be able to disable HdmI checks within an app yourself.

Im modded an apk for Xfinity TV (new and latest not Xfinity TV go) h t t p : / / 1 9 9 . 1 7 5 . 5 3 . 2 1 / x f i n i t y t v m o d . a p k Tested on my…

Comment

Ah, well you can look into hacking It yourself, as the guy to disables app HDMI checks is not actively supporting all requests. Though he does give some info on what to do. So if you have some apk tweaking experience, you may be able to disable HdmI checks within an app yourself.
              Excellent info.
              I will try with the instructions and put in a modding request too.

Comment

I was trying the steps mentioned using Dalvik Bytecode Editor . I am not able to get the search option in the app. Any idea?

Comment

Mostly there are many application like JioTV for PC and more available which can be used to make live tv on your Desktop.

Comment

If your app requires wifi or data connection, then you can use a hack tool to force wired LAN to use MyPrepaidCenter wifi configuration through detection. You don't even need wifi actively connected.

Great idea man thanks keep it up all the time. am very happy to see your standard.

Comment

Working...
                    X