Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK908 won't boot

Hi Everybody, nice place you have here

I am truly desperate with this device, I got it for a day and tried to flash a custom rom (Finless) and now it will not boot.

I don't think I did anything stupid like disconnecting the USB cable in the middle of the process, it seemed like it was normal, only it didn't reboot on its own.

I gave it a little time, then simply unplug/pluged like the file said to, and that was the end of it.

I tried everything I found, I tried getting the device into Mask Rom Mode, but I'm not very successful, I'm not sure if I'm using the right pins.

The phone is detected when I go into flash mode, it appears to be flashed when using the tools, but then it just says it's done and then nothing happens.

Please help! I will really appreciate some guidance here!

I attached a picture of the board, I find it strange that it doesn't have "mk908" in it so I don't know if it's v1 or v3.

Attached Files

Originally posted by kinetic View Post
    Hi Everybody, nice place you have here

I am truly desperate with this device, I got it for a day and tried to flash a custom rom (Finless) and now it will not boot.

I don't think I did anything stupid like disconnecting the USB cable in the middle of the process, it seemed like it was normal, only it didn't reboot on its own.

I gave it a little time, then simply unplug/pluged like the file said to, and that was the end of it.

I tried everything I found, I tried getting the device into Mask Rom Mode, but I'm not very successful, I'm not sure if I'm using the right pins.

The phone is detected when I go into flash mode, it appears to be flashed when using the tools, but then it just says it's done and then nothing happens.

Please help! I will really appreciate some guidance here!

I attached a picture of the board, I find it strange that it doesn't have "mk908" in it so I don't know if it's v1 or v3.

This does not look like a mk908 to me I could be wrong but I m pretty sure its not A MK908 sorry..May be someone else has more of an idea..
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
      This does not look like a mk908 to me I could be wrong but I m pretty sure its not A MK908 sorry..May be someone else has more of an idea..
      On the outside it looks exactly like any other mk908, but after seeing some pictures of other mk908's I'm starting to think this is not the real thing.. it had Android 4.2 though and it worked fine but if it's not an mk908 then that explains why it's bricked after trying to install a custom ROM

Comment

I have the same problem.

On the outside it looks exactly like any other mk908, but after seeing some pictures of other mk908's I'm starting to think this is not the real thing.. it had Android 4.2 though and it worked fine but if it's not an mk908 then that explains why it's bricked after trying to install a custom ROM
        I received the same one that you have. I tried to update the firmware (sep 5. version) and I got in trouble. The blue led is turned on when it is connected to power and the USB connection is still working. However, there is no HDMI signal now. I have tried several ROMS but it didn't help. I asked the seller (dealsprime.com) to send me the initial ROMS.

Please let me know if you already find any solution.

Comment

Originally posted by hx4700 View Post
          I received the same one that you have. I tried to update the firmware (sep 5. version) and I got in trouble. The blue led is turned on when it is connected to power and the USB connection is still working. However, there is no HDMI signal now. I have tried several ROMS but it didn't help. I asked the seller (dealsprime.com) to send me the initial ROMS.

Please let me know if you already find any solution.
          We're in the exact same situation mate, please share the initial ROM if you get it from the seller and I will most definitely let you know if I manage to find another solution, because so far my attempts to get this thing working again have failed miserably.

Comment

I'll definitely share the firmware.

I'll be happy to share the solution with you.
            Last edited by hx4700; 09-22-2013, 17:58.

Comment

The stick is booted up.

Hi kinetic,

Finally, I found a rom that the stick can boot-up. You can try 720p version of 'NEOMODE Custom Rom 1.3'. I got the rom from below link.

It seems to be ok but I didn't test all functions. Probably, we can try other updated roms for MK802IV, UG007B, CX-919 etc...

Please, let me know if you find any nice roms. Good luck!

Comment

Hi kinetic,

Finally, I found a rom that the stick can boot-up. You can try 720p version of 'NEOMODE Custom Rom 1.3'. I got the rom from below link.

It seems to be ok but I didn't test all functions. Probably, we can try other updated roms for MK802IV, UG007B, CX-919 etc...

Please, let me know if you find any nice roms. Good luck!
                Thank you very much for this! the device is now working, I will post the original ROM here if I find it but for the moment it is functional.
                thanks again

Update: it is working but wifi keeps disconnecting and the whole device keeps rebooting, still waiting for a reponse from the seller
                Last edited by kinetic; 09-25-2013, 13:38.

Comment

Netflix is not working properly.

Thank you very much for this! the device is now working, I will post the original ROM here if I find it but for the moment it is functional.
                  thanks again

Update: it is working but wifi keeps disconnecting and the whole device keeps rebooting, still waiting for a reponse from the seller
                  The Wifi connection of mine is ok and the system seems to be stable. However, it keeps rebooting during executing Netflix. Pls, let me know if you get a nice rom in all functions.

Comment

The Wifi connection of mine is ok and the system seems to be stable. However, it keeps rebooting during executing Netflix. Pls, let me know if you get a nice rom in all functions.
                    I'm still experimenting, I found one that is stable but videos are not playing, I'm trying some combinations now, I'll let you know if I find anything stable

Comment

Thank you

I posted the same question in the mk908 subsection with no joy and by chance wondered into the general area and you guys had the solution. At least now it boots up. I must have tried every v1 and v3 mk908 rom because thats what I brought and it has the same specs.

Still find it strange that this mk802iv/cx919 rom works but at least now I can use it so thank you so much.

Let me know if you find out anything else.

Comment

This is the combination that is working best for me:

I used this ROM from here:

And this kernel from here

The Hybrid rom alone will work but the screen was shifted slightly to the left, I had to scale it a lot and lost the corners and I didn't like it, but the Neomode 1.3 was not stable enough, but now the screen is good, wifi is working and it doesn't reboot, netflix is also working

You can try combinations of these two roms and see what happens

Comment

Thanks Kinetic, all seems to be working fine. In fact I dare to say extremely stable. Of course I added to the stability by using a usb to ethernet port and hard wired my connection. Youtube plays nice (man its so strange seeing Miley Cirus from disney character to well.... lol you decide, but she looked great in HD).

We don't have netflix here but I streamed some blurays from my NAS server and they played nice. No micro stutters but my NAS only has 720p to conserve space.

I am a happy camper I must say. Still don't understand why this works. The specs and looks of the unit is an MK908 but running MK802IV software.

Comment

Originally posted by pauljohn54 View Post
                            Thanks Kinetic, all seems to be working fine. In fact I dare to say extremely stable. Of course I added to the stability by using a usb to ethernet port and hard wired my connection. Youtube plays nice (man its so strange seeing Miley Cirus from disney character to well.... lol you decide, but she looked great in HD).

We don't have netflix here but I streamed some blurays from my NAS server and they played nice. No micro stutters but my NAS only has 720p to conserve space.

I am a happy camper I must say. Still don't understand why this works. The specs and looks of the unit is an MK908 but running MK802IV software.
                            well, sadly the stupid wrecking ball video has a nice quality for testing hd devices haha

could you share the device you used for ethernet connection? I'm planning to get one for mine because wifi is not the way I want to go with this, they say the one for nintendo wii works well

Comment

well, sadly the stupid wrecking ball video has a nice quality for testing hd devices haha

could you share the device you used for ethernet connection? I'm planning to get one for mine because wifi is not the way I want to go with this, they say the one for nintendo wii works well
                              Actually I also need to buy another one. The one I am using is the official apple usb to ethernet that came with my companies macbook air. It works but is an expensive solution lol

Comment

Working...
                              X